Do Electrified Plants Grow Faster? Let's Find Out!

(flower *round 2*, day 6)

Not much to update tonight other than that they are all starting to switch. I have changed their diet to a strong dose of cal-phos-mag and have added aloe juice for its silicates. During the changeover, it is my theory that they need a wide range of nutrients, including the nitrogen that they have been getting as well a lot of the micronutrients. They are also getting 1 drop of superthrive ( I know, its an experiment) a dose of Liquid Karma and my cooked since last spring, dandelion extract. These plants should be getting everything that they want and need, and they look it. The only leaves that are dropping or even looking like they are in trouble are the ones that the plants want gone.

It is still too early to tell if we are seeing an effect from the 3 solar cells, but they sure do look healthy. Time will tell if the cumulative effect of the charge since 3 days before the flip will make a discernable difference.

I was also curious if there was going to be a deleterious effect on the plants by the simplified up-potting process that I used this time, of simply setting the 1 gallon smart pots down into a thin layer of soil in 3 gallon smartpots, and backfilling soil back in. The bottom layer of this was 2 year old supersoil, aged carefully and with living earthworms in it, so I felt there was incentive for the roots to grow through the original pots into the new soil... but I didn't know if they really would, or if they would be restricted in any way.
These worries have been alleviated by what we found today. This shot clearly shows that healthy roots have not only easily pierced the inner cloth bag, but when let to dry out properly between waterings, and especially during stretch, we can see strong healthy roots trying to make their way of the bag down in a damp dark corner. I am now convinced that this bag within a bag concept is a good one with these smart pots, and it even makes watering a little bit easier.

DSCF63181.JPG

Here is another shot from the floor of the tent, looking up to the top of the canopy. There are 13 healthy girls in here... this is going to be a good one. :)

DSCF63202.JPG

that was deep man... I want some of what you are having! :)

This is what I'm having today YO!
420-magazine-mobile1639460939.jpg

and about the only thing I can do since is FREAK-out about my pH issue/non-issue, so I went outside with a bowl for some crisp 50F Colorado air (warmest we've had in some time) and I think I'm on the chill finally :)

EDIT..Blue Nina (Blue Dream x Lemon Nina 70/30 Sativa/Indica) the BOMB BabY!

EDIT #2...please note, last line in pic read's C.R.S There (Can't Remember Shit, There)...lol ;-)~

EDIT #3...there are Budz you wished you could find some seeds in and Budz you are pissed you could find so many seeds in...

Yeah I noticed you had kept it on the cheap, earthing/grounding is a little different than what your doing.

Rather than applying a charge across the media, it literally Grounds the media. It work by removing any extra electrons that might accumulate. These would come from either chemical reactions in the soil producing free electrons or static charge that might accumulate.

For instance, most types of plastic can be shown to generate at least a mild static charge with only the application of wind to that plastic. Most people line their grow space with some type of plastic. Many use plastic pots and other items of plastic i their grow, up to and including the wind generator itself, the a fan.

If not accounted for and thus removed where would these charges go. What is the effect of removing them and is it a beneficial enough result compared to the effect of ignoring them, which obviously most people do, right?

I Human application it is called PEMF (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Feild) Therapy and in a number of studies has been shown to produce several health benefits, from combating Osteoporosis and improved immune system and healing/tissue regeneration.
I got one of the kits on Amazon once. I wonder if it could be rigged to work for a plant?

Human application it is called PEMF (Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Feild) Therapy and in a number of studies has been shown to produce several health benefits, from combating Osteoporosis and improved immune system and healing/tissue regeneration.
hmmm... makes one wonder what a little charge to the tuckus would do for the Osteo crowd doesn't it?

back on point however, I think I could argue that when growing within a foil lined tent, especially within the dampening field created by two hard working electronic ballasts, there would be very little outside pulsed field energy other than that affecting the plants, and logic tells us that if they were going to be affected either good or bad by the addition of this strong EMF field so close to them, we would know about it by now, with all the people using the technology.
Static charge of course is also a thing, but again, with the grow bags sitting right on the foil lined floor of a foil lined tent, it would be hard to get a static charge to build up at any one point. I believe that I am as grounded as I am going to get. It is interesting that they sell kits to do this though... it is indeed true that there a buyer for any product and that there are salepeople who can sell ice cubes to Eskimos.

Foil-lined tent got me thinking, and I have since read a few threads on here where people use actual foil. Certainly more conductive for electrical currents/grounding but not nearly as reflective as the most of the "foil-tinted" dies used in many of those plastics we use to build/line our grow spaces...is that grow space really foil or just reflective plastic?

Foil-lined tent got me thinking, and I have since read a few threads on here where people use actual foil. Certainly more conductive for electrical currents/grounding but not nearly as reflective as the most of the "foil-tinted" dies used in many of those plastics we use to build/line our grow spaces...is that grow space really foil or just reflective plastic?

no, its some sort of mylar stuck onto the canvas of the tent... tests have shown that foil is actually not a good idea and that white mylar is actually more reflective, and without causing hotspots. I am not even sure if the stuff is actually conductive now that you bring it up... I will take a VOM with me tonight and will check that out.

no, its some sort of mylar stuck onto the canvas of the tent... tests have shown that foil is actually not a good idea and that white mylar is actually more reflective, and without causing hotspots. I am not even sure if the stuff is actually conductive now that you bring it up... I will take a VOM with me tonight and will check that out.
I finally remembered to get back to this, and after having checked my Sun Hut and my Gorilla Tent I have to report that the pretty reflective silvery stuff on the walls, is NOT CONDUCTIVE in either tent. There's what happens when you assume... but I can see now that the walls of the tent have nothing to do with keeping EMF in or out of there.

(flower round 2, day 18)

Today I think I spotted a couple of examples of what I have been looking for to show you...

It is entirely subjective at this point, now that we have hit the end of stretch and the buds are rapidly developing, but it is my belief that we can see a clear "advantage" to the 3 electrified plants. Each of the unremarkable plants have now become 3 of 6 of the most remarkable plants in the room by being the tallest and most developed (most bud sites). In addition to this catching up by these formerly unremarkable plants and their successful capture of the top canopy, we can also notice that the early kolas are more developed on the electrified plants. Per inch there are more bud sites along the entire kola and the total number of bud sites in the first foot shows a clear lead again by our stimulated girls. The size of the young flowers is also significantly bigger on our electrofied plants than in 90% of the plants in the room, but there is one unelectrified outlier who is trying to outperform all of them, and for some reason is using more water than anyone else in the room. No idea why yet... but we are considering this one to be a delightful anomaly.

Another happy note is that I pollinated 4 of the plants on one branch, and one of them (lucky guess) seems to have been the shorter fast finishing variety that leaped out of the genetic mix in the last run... so I have some seeds of that fast finisher if that is the case. Good times are being had in Emmie's tent.

Here are the pictures, such as they are. I have gone full 1200w of HPS this time to compare the difference between that and mixed HPS/MH light. Please excuse the yellow. Please note the extra development seen at the top of the electrified plant. Comparing the top and bottom pictures we can see at least one more flower has grown in the same space and the flowers are already bigger in the top picture.

DSCF63212.JPG

DSCF63222.JPG

It is my belief that already I am seeing clear evidence that even this "flower only" electrical stimulation has a profound effect on the growth of our plants.

More evidence, either way, as I can capture it.

Garden blessings everyone,
Emmers

I didn't follow along closely sorry but I do know how electrolysis works if you put an electrical charge to two electrodes and stick it in water you get electrolysis basically creating pure oxygen and hydrogen while dissolving the positive electrode and then the metal travels through the water and plates the negative electrode try using different types of metals to increase the brix of your soil if I remember right zinc and copper are the two metals that dissolve and plate the other fastest I don't remember which needs to be positive though.

I didn't follow along closely sorry but I do know how electrolysis works if you put an electrical charge to two electrodes and stick it in water you get electrolysis basically creating pure oxygen and hydrogen while dissolving the positive electrode and then the metal travels through the water and plates the negative electrode try using different types of metals to increase the brix of your soil if I remember right zinc and copper are the two metals that dissolve and plate the other fastest I don't remember which needs to be positive though.

electrolysis is definitely part of what is happening here, but the small amount of oxygen and hydrogen that is released is by no means the most important part of what is happening here. I am using copper wire as my electrodes and have no desire to electrostatically transfer any of that metal to any other part of this process. Please don't confuse the process of electroplating with electrolysis and I definitely invite you to read the discussions prior to this where we examine what must be happening in the soil because of the electrical charge. I am sure that you will find it to be fascinating!

I'm not, it's just part of its happening even if you don't think it's happening if water is present physics is physics can't change it . The electron exchange that goes from molecule to molecule is present starting at the positive electrode to the negative electrodes if you use the same electrode continuously over time one of them will dissolve.

Back
Top Bottom