Do grow rooms like a temperature swing from night to day? Internode length affected?

flogger11

I see conflicting opinions on temperature swings, whether good or bad. In 12/12 does a person want a 10-12 degree swing, say 81 during day down to 69 at night? Do the temp swings make the internode length longer? How bout in veg, is a temp swing good or bad? What are the tradeoffs? Thanks for the hand everybody!

Re: Do grow rooms like a temperature swing from night to day? Internode length affect

I see conflicting opinions on temperature swings, whether good or bad. In 12/12 does a person want a 10-12 degree swing, say 81 during day down to 69 at night? Do the temp swings make the internode length longer? How bout in veg, is a temp swing good or bad? What are the tradeoffs? Thanks for the hand everybody!

You will get alot of different opinions on this one. But for me personally...If I could control the temps in my room I would run a constant 78 degrees with lights on... and 55 degrees lights off. The temp swings are good for the plant IMHO it makes them push more sugars/tricombs/oils. as far as asking the internodes longer?? hmmmmm... I havent noticed that in my plants. :peacetwo:

Re: Do grow rooms like a temperature swing from night to day? Internode length affect

actually the daytime temp and the amount of drop in temp is ver cool aspect. you have to have the proper equipment to achieve this goal. you can not rely on yourself. not robot enough, timing is key! results are worth the effort. there are others id incorperate first.
my 1.5 cents
peace

actually the daytime temp and the amount of drop in temp is ver cool aspect. you have to have the proper equipment to achieve this goal. you can not rely on yourself. not robot enough, timing is key! results are worth the effort. there are others id incorperate first.
my 1.5 cents
peace

With my homes setup it would be very easy to program my rooms thermostat to manipulate the temperature 10-12 degrees. I am able to make the room swing from 68-69 to 80-82 daily with no hassles on my end. So you do think this would be beneficial to a plants health?

o yea, have you done any other research?

co2 ya got it. well worth it as long as you have the ventalation for it

o yea, have you done any other research?

yes.

co2. chiller. lotso light. good nutes. ph and tds meters. room ventilation 1.5x per minute. topping. lst.

cool do the temp swing! how hi do you push the temps?

there is optimal goals. i have a brain injury with a memorie problem. there should be plenty of info. i found it and im suprised i can find anything!

I read a rather detailed study awhile back that claimed the ideal temp variance from day to night is 18°. Dramatic results were claimed. If I can find the study, I will post later.

Here is something from the FAQ section....

Control your cannabis - Tips on height control

Flogger11,

The node spacing is of particular importance whether because of space limitations or security concerns. It appears that the temperature differential from day to night is one way, if available, to help. One thing to keep in mind is that early in the seedling's development the soil temps like to be kept up to foster root development but aside from that, why not? Two other tips for 'bushiness'. First, if the light's not strong this may cause the plant to stretch in an effort to get more, so intensity counts. Next, an oscillating fan is supposed to help strengthen, i.e. shorten, them. Manipulating these is one of the supposed benefits of a controlled environment. Let us know how you've been doing.

I used to fluctuate temp. 25deg 85deg day 60 night in my full sealed co2 enriched grow. I had large amount of humidity for the first hour every day and alot of condensation on res's the growth was amazing but the temp coefficient made it unmanageable. I stopped after only a couple of crops. at 20deg or less it works good and the building is alot happier my results are not average and I would really like to watch your progress GOOD LUCK :thumb:

This is a old thread but it has my interest as my day and night temps have a 18* difference as it works out. It's 84* in the day and 67* for the nighttime low.

I keep it at 84* in the day for the LED's leaf temperature effect and 67* at night so the temperature of the soil/container is kept at a happy medium which allows the waters oxygen level to stay high.

It would be nice side effect if the bud became more Dank..

Anubody here of this before ?
I read a rather detailed study awhile back that claimed the ideal temp variance from day to night is 18°. Dramatic results were claimed. If I can find the study, I will post later.

Of course a natural swing in Temp occurs thru the day and night sequence. In the day, when the sun comes up, temps dip, then rise... at night, temps peak, then fall... swings of 20-30deg or more are an everyday reality. Why then would this not be the case indoors?

Back
Top Bottom