Do i cut the fan leaves off?

I'mOne

Ok this is my first time re vegging. I cut all the buds off then put her in a smaller pot and trimmed the roots. Flipped lights before I did that. She has a small cluster of leaves started. Should I cut the stalk off or just leave it and the fan leaves as long as they are green?

Attachments

• IMG_20191110_113202.jpg
    IMG_20191110_113202.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 78
Ok this is my first time re vegging. I cut all the buds off then put her in a smaller pot and trimmed the roots. Flipped lights before I did that. She has a small cluster of leaves started. Should I cut the stalk off or just leave it and the fan leaves as long as they are green?
I would leave it for now, not just because it is still participating and adding to the energy of the plant, but also as a reminder of how tall and gangly a plant will get without sufficient light. Get some more light on the subject and keep this generation of this plant a bit shorter and easier to control. Later on the green stuff coming out now will take prominence, but it will surprise you how new bud sites will pop out of that now seemingly dead part. By the end of veg it will be clear what to trim and what stays.

I would leave it for now, not just because it is still participating and adding to the energy of the plant, but also as a reminder of how tall and gangly a plant will get without sufficient light. Get some more light on the subject and keep this generation of this plant a bit shorter and easier to control. Later on the green stuff coming out now will take prominence, but it will surprise you how new bud sites will pop out of that now seemingly dead part. By the end of veg it will be clear what to trim and what stays.

Thanks Emily, I had 4 (40 watt actual ) CFLs on her but moved them for the photo. I suppose using them for reveg is just like using them for seedlings...I keep them real real close and watch my watering. This is going slow but this is a great strain and I wanted to keep her going. I hope that's enough but added a small screw in led last week about 20 inches from the new leaves. Does that sound about right?

I have a rescue, I'm real interested in this! She smells so good, but no look so good when I got her. I left everything there and just let her dry out, finally rehydrated with veg nutes, getting some green! Very exciting this is my lifeline to new strains!

IMG_20191116_202637597.jpg

Back
Top Bottom