Do i have a problem?

girlsrus

Hi everyone. I tried really hard to get to the end of my grow without any help but I think I need you guys now.
I am 9+ weeks into my 12/12 cycle and my girls have nearly stopped drinking. It started a few days ago. I have googled my brains out and can't find anything useful. I have added as much info and pics as I can, hopefully it will be useful.

I have some experience at growing in my garden years ago but 1st time in a grow tent, i have been a long term user. I am currently growing for myself. I have some medical issues and believe cannabis may help my condition. I have a tent outside and am growing in soil using organic nutes, BioBiz Grow, Bloom and Top Max. Quality not quantity.

My Set Up...
4 Cheese plants under 600w HPS and a 120w red CFL for the lower buds. Carbon filter exhaust and inline fan, 2 small clip on fans and an oscillating fan. I am using a dehumidifier because my grow is in a concrete garage outside, the tent is in a partitioned off area in the garage. The garage walls and roof have been lined with polystyrene the intake comes from a wood shed. I have a silencer on the intake and it is amazing! The humidity is sometimes 100% on my phone using Accuview, the dehumidifier brings it down to about 70%, not good i know but its the best i can get.

I was told the plants were called BLB Cheese. I cant find anything on this strain and would be grateful if anyone can shed some light on this. All the way through they have had a lovely lemon smell and a small bud i dried 2 weeks ago at 7 weeks had an amazing lemon sage taste. 3 of my plants did a big stretch and one is short. I sit this one on a small stool. I had to raise the light up to the highest point for the others!!

Story so far....

I was given 3.5 week old clones in July and carried on the veg another 4 weeks, 7 weeks veg in total. Then i switched them to 12/12 lights. I pinched out the tops in veg a few times. The 1st pic is when they changed light cycle, 9-10 August.

20120810_072259-1.png

1 week 12/12 (8 weeks)
20120818_204537.png

2 weeks 12/12, (9weeks) showing flower and hairs

20120824_072107.png

3 weeks 12/12 (10 weeks)
20120829_074725.png

Added CFL (10 weeks) 31 Aug
20120831_203440.png

4 weeks (11 weeks total) 5 Sept. Some yellowing and drooping as stretch started. Also hot temps outside.
20120905_080903.png

7 weeks (14 weeks) 27 Sept clear trichs, odd cloudy ones.
20120927_082248.png

20120927_082338.png

8 weeks (15 weeks) 3 0ct
20121003_0801563.png

Up until this point i haven't had any issues, just the odd blip. I was giving nearly 2 litres for 4 plants when lights go on in evening and about 1 litre in morning when lights went off. I had to water twice a day as i didnt want too much wet in the tent because of the humidity. I have been using a heater in tent lately as temps have been very low but i have managed to keep the temps between 65-85 all the time, lights on and off, just high humidity but as i seem to have good ventilation i have avoided mold. I have not had ONE bug but i put that down the the fact i am using a pair of my knickers over the inlet ducting. :) No flies on me!

9 weeks (16 weeks total) 15 Oct.
The colas have grown more lumpy in the last week, sort of extra bud bulges, not so uniform looking. BUT they have almost stopped taking water. The pots have been heavy to lift when usually they are very light and dry. The leaves all look normal, or the same as they have been for a while. They are still shooting out a lot of white hairs with hardly any going brown . The trichs are still mostly clear with a few cloudy blobs on the end. I have followed the feed schedule to the letter. The fan leaves went a lime colour a while ago so i upped the Grow from 1ml to 2ml for a couple of days, it greened them up again nicely. I assumed so much energy was going into the bud it needed a bit extra, seemed to do the trick.
20121015_074139.png

What do i do? I know they are not ready as they dont look ready. They smell ready and feel ready but the scope says different. I have started to flush as i dont want the nutes locked in the plants if they are not drinking. Is this what will happen? The leaves are all pretty green still and healthy but one plant has some leaves with yellow edges for aboug 2.5 weeks though the plant hasnt been affected. They have had the odd yellow leaf here and there. My CFL stayed on one day when the HPS was off. It could have been on 10 hours. My girls did not seem to be affected.... They have always been very healthy. They have only drooped a couple of times early on when they didnt get enough water.

I have done a lot of research and know i can flush them for up to 2 weeks with a soil grow. I assume they will carry on growing as they will use the stored nutes from the fan leaves. If they stop drinking will they die?

Worth a mention, i am using the CFL light and am so glad i did. It has bulked the lower buds right up. I would have taken them off but i wanted to see if it worked. I noticed the difference in days. The leaf canopy prevents the light getting down low and the CFL is right in the center. I can have the plants 1" from the bulb, its great. It also allows me to do the odd job in the tent without the hot HPS burning my hair. I thought it would also be good as a back up if the main light went.
I have seen some fantastic CFL grows and they are really good if done properly. Next time I will use some smaller ones in the corners under the plants as well. When its too hot in the tent, rather than burning the plants you could turn off the main light and use the CFL'S as they don't give off much heat.

So, 9 weeks 12/12 cycle on organic nutes but 2 days ago they have seriously slowed the water intake. I do not think they are stressed as nothing has happened and they seem very happy.
Do my plants look sativa dominant? I couldn't face going on for another month, I need a break, and a decent smoke.

Thanks in advance for any advise. I am off in a bit but hope to be back a bit later on.

Anyone?
9 weeks soil grow 12/12 cycle, clear trichs and plants stopped drinking........are they telling me they are done?

Me again, I was hoping I would have had a reply by now. If I have posted this in the wrong section can someone tell me as need some advise asap.
Thanks again.

The last 2 pictures shows theres to much nitrogen still in the plant. Are you feeding it nitrogen? Its suppose to lack nitrogen during flowering. There not ready to harvest yet. And your doing to much watering. Let the pot completely dry out before your next water. Your not giving them a chance to do so.

Hi, thanks for replying. With the Biobiz you give 1m per litre right the way through. The pots were always dried out, weightless even, when I go in to water. Occasionally the lower leaves dropped, this was after the dark period too. I never over water cos the humidity was high. As soon as the water goes in the saucer its taken up, I never leave water in the saucers. I have given a SMALL amount of water with NO NUTES over the weekend, mini flush if you like but they are not taking it really.

If they have a while to go yet then I want the leaves green until I flush, then they will go yellow, hopefully. This is the school of thought I have, but I could be wrong.... If the fan leaves were yellowing surely they wouldn't be able to feed the plant. Any idea how long they need to go yet? Do they look like cheese?

Ive seen pictures of Cheese, Is that what strain these are? Then yes, I would say. But Bio Bizz is it high in nirogen? If so you should stop feeding nitrogen and give more phosphorus and potassium. The leaves are suppose to be going yellow until they die off. If your giving nitrogen still you will kill mess up the flowering stages and something bad might occur. Im pretty sure of that. Let the leaves turn yellow. Give more bloom.

Looks pretty fine to me :thumb:

Prehaps the girls are not thirsty... average ambient temps might be lower not creating moisture loss ? etc, etc

I thought they looked ok too. So glad I have a couple of opposite answers, it broadens the horizons. Lights on at night temps are around 80, during the day, lights off, I warm the room to about 75. I have been able to keep the temps the same all the way through so I don't think its an environment change. Someone is doing the same plants as me in hydro and their hairs are brown. That's all I know. I was told they stopped drinking and were being cut down but they are selling it, can't compare really. It seems odd that I was told the other persons stopped drinking, now mine has.

WizHigh, the Bio Biz feed schedule is written in the bible I am told lol. I really dont want to start messing with the mix as I will proly get more problems I can't control. The nitrogen cannot be too high as its used by experienced growers without problem. I use very precise amounts and the water is about 70 degrees when I water them.
Could it be they just ain't ready yet?

I will take some more pics in a bit when they wake up. I have given plain water for a few days just in case they are about to have a tantrum and pass out lol

There not ready to harvest yet. Like Fuzz said they might not want to feed yet. But in my experience you cant always follow the schedule. You have to go by what your plants leaves are showing. And also if your growing cheese whats the flowering time for that? 6-8 weeks maybe? Late in flower you want your leaves to be mainly yellow. You cant try to stop the leaves from yellowing. You have google look it up.

I know you want your plants to look pretty the whole way threw till harvest but somethings are just meant to be lol. Let the leaves yellow.

But to your question there not ready. Thats why I asked how long are they suppose to flower for? And wait until all the long hairs are tucked into the buds. Thats when you know its time. Or 60% of her pistols turn amber She looks good though. :thumb:

WizHigh, i have just been in and taken some pics, the leaves look a bit tatty today. It is pretty hard to find the trichs when i look but they are 90% clear. If they were 50 50 i would start flushing. The pots are light again, they need feeding. i will show the pics then ask what i should do.

Here is the one that has the yellow edges on the leaves. been like it a couple of weeks but the plant seems fine. They have all been watered from the same solution but only one plant has yellow edges.
20121016_195414.png

As you can see, the bud looks good
20121016_195921.png

I am amazed at how fat and tall the bud columns are!
20121015_074139-1.png

My grow from above. As you can see the CFL is lighting up the underneath. I dont have the HPS on for the pics.
20121016_195740.png

This pic shows how the buds are popping out the sides now! She just wants to grow fat.
20121016_195801.png

This pic is the underneath buds bulked up by the CFL
20121016_195545.png

Some of the fan tips are going yellow but generally they are are good. I have only given water the last couple of days. If the trichs were more cloudy i would flush now but they are not. Its Cheese so it should be nearly done.
More of the hairs are going orange but not a lot. Clear trichs mostly. Shall i restart the feed schedule again or flush now till they end?

I have not told one person about my grow so i am unable to get any advise on anything. Its my secret and i am sharing it with you guys first. :)

What watt are you using for HPS? Those buds look tatsy. They really do. They look really good. Is this your first grow? I would wait until 60-70% are amber. How long have they been in flower? I would say by the end of this week or next week you should be able to harvest. You can still give nutes now if your going for another full week. If not then I would continue to flush

What watt are you using for HPS? Those buds look tatsy. They really do. They look really good. Is this your first grow? I would wait until 60-70% are amber. How long have they been in flower? I would say by the end of this week or next week you should be able to harvest. You can still give nutes now if your going for another full week. If not then I would continue to flush

They do look tasty dont they. I am using a 600w HPS and the CFL. I read you get great buds from the 600w. Yeah, this is my first grow. I grew one in my garden, outside, very hit and miss, bud rot and major stretch. Wooly shite harvest, was a waste of time.

I have had to research everything on my own and so far i have managed to get it right except for this bit.
I dont want to have a lot of amber trichs as i need to function, i like a bit of mind bending so i want a cerebal high. I can see some amber heads on the trichs but not really much cloudy, seems a mix of clear and amber. I assume the amber ones are just rogue ones and not a real indication of maturity as there are only a few.

I read you can flush for 2 weeks with soil, if i did that would that give me time to get some more cloudy trichs?
I have no patience, i am a woman lol

In answer to your question, 10 weeks on thursday on the 12/12 cycle but some count from when they crown or show flower.

I have just had a feel of the back plants and the bud feels a bit looser than the front plants which feel very dense and hard. The back ones seem a bit looser???
I think i am going to carry on with a flush. If it lasts over a week then i have bought myself some time to get the amber trichs.
If anyone else has an opinion please say in case i am doing the wrong thing lol

Lol, just been looking at my girls again. I can take out my short one and get in the tent properly. The back ones are ok, they feel looser because the buds are coming out the sides of the bud i think. They are all a bit different when i look in the scope. The short one seems to be the most ready. I have given water anyway, thats all they are going to have now. Where do i get molasses, i see it mentioned everywhere?
Thanks for your advise and support. Does it look like i have done ok with my girls so far. I know they are not massive but they are not small either. They look like they wont need much trimming which is good, i cant wait, i am so excited!!! :)

I am assuming you are in a different country to me, diy store? I have never seen it, maybe it is something different in the UK. I will google tomorrow.
The proof will be in the smoking, hopefully my girls wont let me down. If i end up harvesting a bit early i should be able to salvage the thc with a slow cure from what i have read. I may harvest the more ripe and let some go a bit longer. Half my garage partitioned area is tent and the other is a dark room. I have a 4ft by 10ft insulated area. The tent is 1metre by 2 metre. I can dry some in the dark area. I can only access the tent on one side so its been a mission to get everything just right.

I will post up as i go along, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom