Do I have Hermi's? Pics inside please help

wutwut

I'm slightly over 2 weeks since flowering showed. I just noticed that 3 out of my 4 plants have, what looks like to me are premature seeds. They are yellow inside and split into 4 quarter moons with a slightly dusty residue when played with. These aren't growing like regular seeds (in the buds) just where you see them. I am praying this is normal knowing it is not. Is there anything I can do. I had no males in the room. Last time I had a male there was 6 months ago and I thought I did an ok job at vacuuming and wiping down the walls. Does anybody know what these are...do I have hermi's

Pics deleted for non-site link to pics. - Akorn

Re: Do I have Hermi's?? Pics inside please help

Wow first off that is some dank looking bud. But I am not sure if thats a hermi.

can I pull all those things and have any chance of not getting loaded up with seeds? If it were one plant fine..but 3..I'd hate to give up this late in the game. Pulling seeds blows!

how many plants do you have? i'd keep that one hermie and get seeds off of it... hermie's produce female seeds from my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong)

if you can afford to continue flowering the hermie in another room or box somewhere then go for it until it produces seeds... when the seeds mature you can do away with mister miss... lol.. and make some butter or something with him/her

As mentioned 3 out of my 4 once females are hermi's, if that is the above conclusion. I won't lie about this being upsetting:). I have a good amount of seeds so i don't think I want to keep the hermi's. All 5 of my last were female, so I think my seeds are feminized. I got them from a pretty experienced grower. Tell me if this may work...... I want to keep my 1 female and start again from seed. Revert to 24 hours and hope the female's flower grow out. I would hate to deplete my stash between cycles. My concern is that the one female may has already been pollinted. I turned off the fan when I first noticed it and don't think a month wiht out fan will work. Well after writing my thoughts down I realize I am lost and probably shoulnd't have smoked to deal with this problem. Thanks for all your help, that was real nice of you

You DO NOT want to plant seeds that come from a self-pollinated plant (hermaphrodite). The plants from those seeds will carry the herm. trait. My friend calls seeds from herm's "poison pills".
Get that plant away from the rest of your plants ASAP. Far far away.
Once that plant releases it's pollen it will impregnate all your girls which means seedy buds (less weed to smoke).

RangerDanger said:
You DO NOT want to plant seeds that come from a self-pollinated plant (hermaphrodite). The plants from those seeds will carry the herm. trait. My friend calls seeds from herm's "poison pills".
Get that plant away from the rest of your plants ASAP. Far far away.
Once that plant releases it's pollen it will impregnate all your girls which means seedy buds (less weed to smoke).

whoops.... i made a mistake.. thanks RD

i think if you have a hermie and you pollinate a female then that female will produce female seeds... i think i read this at nomercy's website

anyway, just kill it.. haha.

My othere idea so I don't run out..... knowing with my luck, my one female got pollinated ....was to try and shorten the night lenght and see if that speeds it up any. Does anyone know if I go down to 8 on 16 off if and how fast I will be ready to take an early harvest, right now I'm exactly 19 days since flowers appeared. man I was I exited for a nice harvest. All was looking so good and developement was flyng along

how do you tell between a genetic and a stress?

highlifeisdalif - Genetic hermi's will produce full-blown male flower pods that look like a green grape buried deep at the base of a female budsite - usually lower down on the plant. They contain as much pollen as any normal male flower would, and can easily seed a whole crop with just one missed male flower.

A stress hermi will have what looks like tiny little bright yellow "bananas" sticking up from the tops and sides of the budsites most often near the tops of the plants. The "nanners" as they are often referred to are the Stamens of a male flower growing out of the center of a Calyx - but they do not have the complete male pod encasing them, and sometimes will contain just one Stamen per calyx. These types of male flowers do not produce nearly as much pollen as a genetic hermi, and will often times result in just a few seeds right around the area of the hermi flower.

Some strains (like Thai) naturally throw a few nanners during flowering, but usually they are pollen-less. Stress hermi's will sometimes be pollen-less as well, but not always...

Peace
MC

when the person growing nlxbigbud i think, he had flowers coming out and said he smoked them what are those?

Back
Top Bottom