Do I have to decarb

davidw44

I use a screen to dry out my clipping. I get a lot of kief. Do I have to decarb it. When I put it into my butter machine. Or can I just put it into the machine raw.

If it is a magical butter machine I believe you need to decarb prior. I Tried The MagicalButter Machine and This is How it Went — The Her(B) Life Just read the article and they did decarb prior. I thought about buying a machine but since decarb is easy outdoors in a toaster oven and then into a crockpot over night. I saw no payback anytime soon. I see it as a gizmo especially since I make butter twice a year if that. I freeze butter in 1/2 pound increments. Next time round I will be doing coconut oil.

What I have is kief. How would you decarb that . It's all powder. Smoking it is too strong I thought I make some butter. Yes it's a magic butter machine.

I use an Ardent Nova Decarboxylator. I've never used kief except in smoking or vaping it. Using it as a tincture or in edibles, it is my understanding that you would still have to decarb it in order to 'activate' it (in order to turn the THCA to THC) otherwise regardless of how strong the kief is it will remain as THCA.

Butters should decarb themselves in the process of making it. Anything alcohol based should be decarbed. Basically you need temps to be around 200 to 240 degrees.( I could be wrong on these temps but they are close)

I use my kief to add power to my edibles before baking. The baking process decards for you. I just mix it into the THC coconut oil before mixing. I also through it right on top of the weed when I make oil. I don't know why I even have a kief anymore I don't smoke it LMAO.

Roll your flower in the keif
Add moon rock to bowl
Decarb with a lighter
puff puff
Done sit back and enjoy.

Best way to use keif.

Another way is to take the keif and make a packet with parchment paper. Fold over a few times. Get a kitchen hand towel lay flat.
Put Keif packet on top of towel on the counter top.
fold towel over the keif.
Get a clothes iron and turn to high
Iron the top of the towel going back and for about 1-2 minutes
open towel flip the keif packet over and cover with towel
Iron towel 1-2 minutes
Repeat 2 times

Let packet cool

Enjoy your hash.

From what I’ve read here, trying to answer the same question, is if -IF- your butter is going into edibles that will be cooked/heated for long enough at the right temp, it would decarb in baking. But —- there’s variables in that way of processing that you really can’t control or know are controlled, like is the keif at a sustained decarb temp for enough time? So, most what I’ve read indicates you should decarb your Kief before you infuse butter or oil with it. Works, pretty easy.

this is the question i was wondering. if you're baking it or cooking it anyway why not skip the oven step. the only thing i can think of is maybe the melting of the trichs in the mixture rather than the dry heat makes a difference? maybe it doesn't have proper time to decarb if it's being melted.

this is the question i was wondering. if you're baking it or cooking it anyway why not skip the oven step. the only thing i can think of is maybe the melting of the trichs in the mixture rather than the dry heat makes a difference? maybe it doesn't have proper time to decarb if it's being melted.
Yes, from what I read around the hood here, is that is one of the variables you can’t control in assessing whether the keif is getting to decarb status, heat and time wise. It’s the same idea of throwing undecarbed trim into food. Does it get hot enough for long enough? Or would you decarb in advance for insurance, where you can control heat and time? But there’s not much on this precise question about keif, as I think most people work from trim. If you vape you’re going to have a fair amount of keif so why not find an edible use for it, right? Let me see if I’ve got any saved threads that discuss it. Maybe SweetSue has writings on it as she tries all kinds of processes.

Brian420pm has a thread “Oil, my first try” that I think was the conclusion of much research I’ve done. It’s not specifically addressing keif but it answers the question for me.

I’m not sure how to put a link in, ‘cause I’m a reader and researcher mostly, and I’m old and not sure I’m supposed put someone’s link on some else’s..... so maybe youall kids can figure that out. :passitleft:

Roll your flower in the keif
Add moon rock to bowl
Decarb with a lighter
puff puff
Done sit back and enjoy.

Best way to use keif.

Another way is to take the keif and make a packet with parchment paper. Fold over a few times. Get a kitchen hand towel lay flat.
Put Keif packet on top of towel on the counter top.
fold towel over the keif.
Get a clothes iron and turn to high
Iron the top of the towel going back and for about 1-2 minutes
open towel flip the keif packet over and cover with towel
Iron towel 1-2 minutes
Repeat 2 times

Let packet cool

Enjoy your hash.

Very true. Most people don't realize the flavor difference that a little warmth and pressure can add. Beats the hell out of putting in tin foil and warming with a lighter and stomping on it LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom