Do I need a closet or tent: I have a full room

Wulves

I'm contiplating my second grow, my 3 plants a Northern Lights Auto , an Unknown plant , I found the seed in a bag of potting soil company remain nameless , and my Auto Afgan .
All flowering a going good harvest approximately 3rd week May.
It's time to start a second grow, I grew in a closet not for security but for what I thought but was an environment I could control easily. It was tight , my humidity soaked the carpet even with tarp down and I ran out of room for lights , so can I use my room ?
I can get a few more plants going and more lights and I monitored the temps and humidity over the passed week in my room and it's the same as the grow closet.
I have an AC for summer , two windows for fresh air and exhaust won't be an issue because it's not a closet or tent grow.
What's your feeling on this ?
I live in the middle of nowhere in the Northern mountains of NY.
I could run around naked outside and no one would see me. Lol.

Others can chime in here but I think the only two problems you might have would be making sure you keep all the light out of the room when the lights are off and then the other one would be controlling humidity in a large room. If you think you've got those covered it sure is nice to have some Elbow Room

Others can chime in here but I think the only two problems you might have would be making sure you keep all the light out of the room when the lights are off and then the other one would be controlling humidity in a large room. If you think you've got those covered it sure is nice to have some Elbow Room
I only grow Autos at this point .
So light is not an issue , I should have mentioned that.
And an humidity would be a concern.
The room is 14x14.

Time Out!!! You found a cannabis seed in a bag of soil?

Id love an entire room!!! Humidity will be an issue but nothing a large humidifier couldn't fix.

Only other possible issue might be ventilation.

if you can afford it a tent is the way to go.

a tent allows you to have two layers of ambient air to give more control of the enviroment.
also gives you a seal against pests, once you get an air system setup with an inline fan you essentially have a sealed room inside the room.
if you are dealing with humidity problems you can buffer by adjusting the hjnidity outside the tent and allowing the airflow to pull the air in.
with a tent you dont need to worry about accidentally having a light leak by opening the door

also with a room that big you can get two tents and have a seperate veg and flower area. then just do a clone propagation area in te room outside the tents.

Why not an outdoor grow?
Weather in the mountains is unpredictable.
And my health issues lots of stair to the yard.
Some days I can't walk or breath.
So it's more convenient indoors.
I'm afraid on bad days I would neglect my plant care.
And lots if bugs.

Time Out!!! You found a cannabis seed in a bag of soil?

Id love an entire room!!! Humidity will be an issue but nothing a large humidifier couldn't fix.

Only other possible issue might be ventilation.
Yeah I found a seed in a top soil bag.
It's doing great.
I call it the Unknown , I think it's an Auto.
Time will tell.
Here are her photos.

Attachments

• 20190410_002756.jpg
    20190410_002756.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20190304_164918.jpg
    20190304_164918.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 29
Put black and white on your walls doesnt take long before your wall are destroy from humidity i have a 10 x10 tent and i took it down so i can see what it would be like in garage 12x20 yea i'm putting tent back up more control lots more control

Put black and white on your walls doesnt take long before your wall are destroy from humidity i have a 10 x10 tent and i took it down so i can see what it would be like in garage 12x20 yea i'm putting tent back up more control lots more control

exactly tent is the way to go.

its like if you wanted to have a pool in your room you can either fill your room with water or get a kiddie pool lol

exactly tent is the way to go.

its like if you wanted to have a pool in your room you can either fill your room with water or get a kiddie pool lol
Yes your all right , I scraped the room idea .
The reply that really hit home
was , Control , believe me I know how easy it can be to send things south real quick.
Thanks all I really appreciate it . :peace:

If u go with a tent i would use 2x4 and not the poles that come with most tents. With all that negative pressure u dont want a pole breaking and ruining ur hard work. Im sure some will disagree with me

Back
Top Bottom