Do I need another grow medium besides rockwool?

Digglinnc15

Hey guys,

I'm a first time grower and first time posting to these boards! Before I get to my question let me tell you a little bit about the setup I have. I am growing using the cash crop 5.0 grow box. (Cash Crop 5.0 - 6 Plant LED Hydroponics Grow Box - Dealzer)
I'm only growing three plants as I think six is too crowded for this already very tight grow space. I germinated the seeds and then transplanted the seeds into 1-inch rockwool cubes. So far so good. It's only been about two days and already my seeds have begun to break the surface of the rockwool cubes. Everything I've read online says to add hydroton or clay pellets to surround the rockwool when you are ready to put them into the net pots and into the DWC system, but my net pots are extremely small and will only fit the 1-inch rockwool cubes. So, to my question finally..... am I ok just using the rockwool cubes as the only medium with my DWC grow box? If not, then any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

In the pictures they show them using Raped Rooters(or something like them) and not Rockwool.

I think RR's would work much better myself.

This is what they call them.
((6) Plant starter plugs that are derived from peat moss which provides the perfect air to water ratio to promote root growth to eager new plants or cuttings.)

(I'm only growing three plants as I think six is too crowded for this already very tight grow space.) I think your right about that.

I would be growing just one at a time and I would try some auto's in it.

In the pictures they show them using Raped Rooters(or something like them) and not Rockwool.

I think RR's would work much better myself.

This is what they call them.
((6) Plant starter plugs that are derived from peat moss which provides the perfect air to water ratio to promote root growth to eager new plants or cuttings.)

(I'm only growing three plants as I think six is too crowded for this already very tight grow space.) I think your right about that.

I would be growing just one at a time and I would try some auto's in it.

It would probably work fine...I just happen to use the small rockwool cubes...as long as it is meant for hydro in DWC bucket setup...you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom