Do I pH my water?

crazy4202376

hi 420ers:headbanger: i'm thinking about growing in soil (fox farm) forest.. should i ph the water 6.0 6.8? one more thing should i worry about the ppm? i'll be using the grow, tirger bloom, big bloom, open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha-ching..

tell me ur comments on this product.. the cart said to use big bloom for the first week of veg do u think thats a good ideal for the seedling... iv read somewhere u should'nt use nute's intill the 3rd week..

hey. ph the water: when i was growing we phed the soil. you can buy a bag of stuff i think called lime something. it is about 2 dollars. we had used distilled water in attempts to keep a pretty stable ph in the soil. if you ph the water i would see no problem with that but i think you will be going a bit overboard wtih the grow additives. id pick 1 for each phase. i know we have two fox farm bottles still left over and im not sure what the first one was called but i know the second one was big bloom and that was for the flowering stage. definately don't use full nutes on seeds! if you really feel the must to use nutes do it in minimal ammounts especially during vegetation. you can/will destroy the plant by using too many nutrients. but because of the questions you are asking I would also tell you to get online and just read this site. look at all sorts of the posts and read. probably push the grow start back a few weeks because i think you will be much happier wtih your grow if you know exactly what is going on ect...Good Luck!

thanks club. i was a little worried bcuz my tap water ph is 7.4.. when i change into bigger buckets i'll check my ph in the soil..

crazy, from what I see around here folks swear by FF products....

Hey grow team...How'd this one get by us? Sorry we missed you Crazy.

Fox Farms Rules! I love the stuff...and so do many, many others!

Yes you should PH your water...after you add nutes because it will change the PH when you do. So basically PH whatever you're "watering" with.

With Ocean Forest you won't need to feed for the first 3-4 weeks of growth from seedling. Then "grow" for veg, and then "bloom" for lfowering is all you should really need. Don't get too crazy with the "extras".

If you're not getting your questions answered please feel free to PM your nearest Grow Team member.

thanks bud:adore: u said be easy on the extras? i was going to go 1/2 str on the extras.... should be kool should'nt it? i will be going by the foxs farms chart... again thanks abunch:cheesygrinsmiley:

OK imagine this...1/2 strength this + 1/2 strength that + 1/2 strength here + plus a little of this + plus a little of that = Holy Shit way too strong. See what I mean? And too I guess Im saying you really don't need all those different things either. It only takes 90-100 days typically to run a crop thru so you really only need some "grow" and some "bloom". The rest is fluff IMO.

my local shop only had a few products and FF was standard fare so I went with that but liked how COM had all the fish & crab inputs.
Yea at first I was going to do foxfarm and the 3 nutes for my first time.But coast of maine ide aldo heard aboit and was even more excited to buy it.Have the 3cf in the closet,just gotta add some perlite..You mind If I tag ya in the grow journal now and again for questions?

Ps-still have the bag of ocean forest for a greenhouse grow

I don’t mind at all but I won’t see it, a while back I was getting 423 emails per day from every comment & tag so I tweaked my notification settings, sadly I don’t see any tags now. I need to get Renee to help but in the meantime..... If I can help in anyway then yes please shoot me a quick pm so I will jump on it!
Do you use the app? Same thing happened to me and customer support said to use the web page version and it worked

Back
Top Bottom