Do LED grow lights provide uv-b?

Hi 420mag:420:

I own an LED and I wanted to know if uv-b is included within the spectrum of my light.

See the product specs:
11-Band LED Spectrum 380(UV)/415/440/460/480/615/630/660/720/740/760nm(IR)
Not sure if the 380 UV band listed covers this.

Can someone with more knowledge enlighten me? :thanks:

The reason I'm asking is that i want to add a uv-b light (reptile light) to my last 3 weeks of flower.
I understand this aids in thc production.
Lastly, are there any caveats when using a uv-b bulb with your grow? (ie: length of hours / height minimums?)
Thanks Stage.

:Namaste:

Ahem....anyone? almost 200 views?:smokin:

UVA is from 315 to 380 nm so apparently your light has a few UVA bulbs

For reference UVB is from 280 to 315 nm , which is the light spectrum.

UVB is known to increase the trichome production in flower , it may well do more.

I want to buy some reptile lights myself , if I do I will try it on one plant and compare it to its twin plant , not a double blind test but it should show a difference if there is one , people say there is.

UVA is from 315 to 380 nm so apparently your light has a few UVA bulbs

For reference UVB is from 280 to 315 nm , which is the light spectrum.

UVB is known to increase the trichome production in flower , it may well do more.

I want to buy some reptile lights myself , if I do I will try it on one plant and compare it to its twin plant , not a double blind test but it should show a difference if there is one , people say there is.

Hi LEDBud,
Thank you for answering the question! :Namaste:
I must say it took over 200 views b4 you stepped up to the plate.
I decided to order the reptile lights btw. ( 2X 26W Repti-Glo 10.0 Compact Fluorescent ).
Picked up a Zoo Med Mini Combo Deep Dome Lamp fixture to load the two bulbs into.
I figure I shouldnt need much wattage. Since my LED's do have uv spectrum I believe this should suffice. ;)

LEDBud,
Hmm......:idea:
I think I may want to add another uv-b set, but my funds aren't where I would like em.
Maybe, I can find a cheap 2ft fixture and add another unit.

I am only going to buy two at a time myself , one set a paycheck to help spread the pain lol.

You could make a fixture from a old 4 ft fixture and overdrive the bulbs , although it shortens their life.. it increases output.

I think I will just buy my fixtures and save the bulb life though

I own an LED and yes all of their lights have the UVB spectrum. The light has grown 3 strains now with extremely sticky and trichome covered buds. Ive had to lower the humidity due to how thick and sticky they get. You will be pleased with that light.

plat4.jpg

I own an LED and yes all of their lights have the UVB spectrum. The light has grown 3 strains now with extremely sticky and trichome covered buds. Ive had to lower the humidity due to how thick and sticky they get. You will be pleased with that light.

I got within inchs of buying LED's.

You must of being given the wrong information from someone.

The specs of light say UV 380nm which is UVA , which is from 315 to 380 nm

UVB is from 280 to 315 nm as I posted and that light does not have it , at all.

You will not find any LED bulb on any light anywhere that has the UVB spectrum.

Because they have not yet developed a led that can make light in the UVB range.

I can't leave you guys thinking you have something that you don't but may want and can buy to enhance the trichomes.

The lizard tubes , CFL's and incandescent all offer UVB bulbs, choose the bulbs that fits your needs.

I might end up getting the CFL UVB lights as they do not need a ballast or fixture and are cheaper per watt then the tubes let alone the tubes and fixtures together.

Yeah that was the first LED light I bought for the first plant I grew. The Kind works well, no complaints. But the platinum works better.

Yeah that was the first LED light I bought for the first plant I grew. The Kind works well, no complaints. But the platinum works better.

one is priced a little more sanely , $370 for the 185w compared to the other 220w $600 price tag.

You must of being given the wrong information from someone.

The specs of light say UV 380nm which is UVA , which is from 315 to 380 nm

UVB is from 280 to 315 nm as I posted and that light does not have it , at all.

You will not find any LED bulb on any light anywhere that has the UVB spectrum.

Because they have not yet developed a led that can make light in the UVB range.

I can't leave you guys thinking you have something that you don't but may want and can buy to enhance the trichomes.

The lizard tubes , CFL's and incandescent all offer UVB bulbs, choose the bulbs that fits your needs.

I might end up getting the CFL UVB lights as they do not need a ballast or fixture and are cheaper per watt then the tubes let alone the tubes and fixtures together.

You are correct. I mistyped. California light works is the only one i have seen with UVB bulbs incorporated into their LED light fixture. Thanks!

LEDBud,
Thanks for answering the question for us!:bravo:
Clearly, there is only one LED light that has UV-B and that is as an add-on.
The uv-b addon cost me less than 50 bucks.
LEDBud,have some + reps my dood!:goodjob:

thanks Stage , I am a bit of a research hound who loves weed or is it a weed hound who loves research , either way I research the life out of a topic before I call it complete.
Mine and others opinions can often be wrong but facts are facts.

Back
Top Bottom