Do not do this at home!

Cmoon

Ever seen a grown man cry?

I still can't believe what I have just done. I deserve to be shot at dawn.

In a nutshell:- I started my grow of nine plants last june. After many mistakes I at least managed to get 14 Litre sized jars full of lovely dried and cured buds (4 were trimmings actually but good stuff all the same).

Tonight, I ground in my coffee grinder my much loved and cared for budds ready for the oven as I am making edibles and tintures. 8 months ago I started this and I spent a fortune in the process, not to mention many sleepless nights. So tonight was the big night, tonight I will decarboxylate my precious budds in the oven. ......I have to make this short as I am so pissed off I can hardly think straight. I pre-heated the oven to 230 and when eventually the light went out I slid my four trays of superlative, georgeous, ground weed in, and shut the oven door. 50 minutes at 250 all the good web sights agree on so here we go!

SUDDENLY. Alarm bells and smoke alarms are going off like crazy and I open the kitchen door to be greeted by a solid, thick, wall of smoke! I scrambled to the oven and opened the door and the flames just about fried my hair (what there is of it left). That was an hour ago and I think the entire street must be high as a kite. I am still trying to clear the smoke.

The penny dropped. My oven just has numbers and it goes up to 245 degrees...................CENTIGRADE................NOT...................FARENHEIT ! This has just happened I swear on my Mothers grave. I'm left with a heap of charcoal, pissing useless charcoal.......All my weed burnt to a f*cking cinder. I'm not quite sure how I feel at the moment .....Mad, sad, pissed off, angry, stupid, murderous, shitty, in pain, ....I give up.

I can say thanks to all you on here that helped me along the road and that I will try again. Thanks again, I'm off to my scotch.

Cmoon

Damn. I’m sorry for you. Such a shame when hard work goes to waste.

Hard work and money which I haven't got. I'll get over it.

Thank you for your reply

Cmoon

PS when you see that light at the end of the tunnel?..........It's a fucking train..................RUN!

you must eat out exclusively?
Or have a servant prepare all your food for you?
How does one who owns an oven not know it's C or F?
Unbelievable :hmmmm:
How about when you were setting the temp, no alarm bells when the dial was turned about as far as it could go?
How about when you opened the door to slide the trays into the oven... a blast of almost 500 degree F air didn't pique your curiosity hmmmm?
live and learn I guess :rofl:

Talk about hot boxing!

Seriously though, that really sucks man..... sad story.
Now go soak some seeds and get back in the saddle.:thumb:

Wow - that is terrible man. Mostly since you had that much product in the oven at the same time. Sorry to hear of your mistake.

Is it totally cremation remains or is it just darkly toasted? I would try rolling a joint and see if there's any THC left it in. If there is I would go ahead a process into tincture.

Damn I can't even begin to imagine the feeling ..sending some virtual hugs :hug: .. I doubt there is a grower out there who has not killed it's hard work with an easy or obvious mistake. Can't even remember all the plants I murdered by accident. No reason to stress too much now, look if you can process anything that's left, and start over. :love: Though next time remember to use a small sample and not everything you have. Peace :Namaste:

:oops:Cmoon, Be angry! Do it and do it for as little time as you can. Then, when your head clears, try to remember you can grow again. I know it is hard eating coin like that, but if you stop now, the only thing you'll think of every time you hear about growing anything is this incident. Dust yourself off, straighten your hat and get back on your horse. We don't want to leave you here but we will if we have to. Get up Boy! LOL! You're not hurt! Plus, like me, after so many mistakes, you'll never miss a problem. In fact, this time around, you'll be more likely to see them before they become problems. Good luck Buddy!:sorry: Thanks for sharing. It takes some courage to admit things publicly on here sometimes, especially when you know it was a simple over-site like yours. I am stunned at how rude people can be on the internet at times. Just take encouragement and don't let this, or others get you down. Keep us posted Bro.

Ever seen a grown man cry?

I still can't believe what I have just done. I deserve to be shot at dawn.

In a nutshell:- I started my grow of nine plants last june. After many mistakes I at least managed to get 14 Litre sized jars full of lovely dried and cured buds (4 were trimmings actually but good stuff all the same).

Tonight, I ground in my coffee grinder my much loved and cared for budds ready for the oven as I am making edibles and tintures. 8 months ago I started this and I spent a fortune in the process, not to mention many sleepless nights. So tonight was the big night, tonight I will decarboxylate my precious budds in the oven. ......I have to make this short as I am so pissed off I can hardly think straight. I pre-heated the oven to 230 and when eventually the light went out I slid my four trays of superlative, georgeous, ground weed in, and shut the oven door. 50 minutes at 250 all the good web sights agree on so here we go!

SUDDENLY. Alarm bells and smoke alarms are going off like crazy and I open the kitchen door to be greeted by a solid, thick, wall of smoke! I scrambled to the oven and opened the door and the flames just about fried my hair (what there is of it left). That was an hour ago and I think the entire street must be high as a kite. I am still trying to clear the smoke.

The penny dropped. My oven just has numbers and it goes up to 245 degrees...................CENTIGRADE................NOT...................FARENHEIT ! This has just happened I swear on my Mothers grave. I'm left with a heap of charcoal, pissing useless charcoal.......All my weed burnt to a f*cking cinder. I'm not quite sure how I feel at the moment .....Mad, sad, pissed off, angry, stupid, murderous, shitty, in pain, ....I give up.

I can say thanks to all you on here that helped me along the road and that I will try again. Thanks again, I'm off to my scotch.

Cmoon

Ouch shitty deal but hey I did they same thing collect all my summer harvest got gifted a recipe to make butter by scrogdawg
And I thought it said 375 for 30 mins
It was 175. Ten mins in smoke all buds brown and over cooked .

Still got abit a buzz but nothing to brag about .

I feel your pain I also hav head a light fall on my plants breaking plants and a light . Had t for three or four months when I came downstairs to open tent and yup I was mad .

It happened to the best of su bud. Is how we can shake it off you will look back and laugh eventually we always do.
Keep moving on buddy tomorrow is new day ..

you must eat out exclusively?
Or have a servant prepare all your food for you?
How does one who owns an oven not know it's C or F?
Unbelievable :hmmmm:
How about when you were setting the temp, no alarm bells when the dial was turned about as far as it could go?
How about when you opened the door to slide the trays into the oven... a blast of almost 500 degree F air didn't pique your curiosity hmmmm?
live and learn I guess :rofl:

We are human we make mistakes that is how . Have you never made a mistake m8? Lmao

:oops:Cmoon, Be angry! Do it and do it for as little time as you can. Then, when your head clears, try to remember you can grow again. I know it is hard eating coin like that, but if you stop now, the only thing you'll think of every time you hear about growing anything is this incident. Dust yourself off, straighten your hat and get back on your horse. We don't want to leave you here but we will if we have to. Get up Boy! LOL! You're not hurt! Plus, like me, after so many mistakes, you'll never miss a problem. In fact, this time around, you'll be more likely to see them before they become problems. Good luck Buddy!:sorry: Thanks for sharing. It takes some courage to admit things publicly on here sometimes, especially when you know it was a simple over-site like yours. I am stunned at how rude people can be on the internet at times. Just take encouragement and don't let this, or others get you down. Keep us posted Bro.

Thanks for your encouragement Ripe1

I have to laugh mate, I've made every mistake in the book on my first grow but also, I learned a great deal.

Tuesday morning's another day, I will be getting my eight tiny seeds together (Northern Lights auto) in the Root Toot Riot rot mud stuff in the propogator and.......Away we go on grow number two!

I think I was also lucky, because my last plant that just refused to amber out of the clear trichs, finally did so and at nearly 7ft tall I lopped it down. I should have weighed the buds then but forgot, but I do have 10oz of cured (6 days in RO water) and quickly dried (3 days) ground down, decarbed fine weed, ready for the Green Dragon!

I did make some cannabutter and all I can say at this point is we need something this potent to use against the Russians! Half a teaspoon and my wife and I don't really remember much. It was a trip & a half.......never again, ....at least not till I get the dosing better or more accurate.

Cheers Bud

Respect.....As Always.

Cmoon

Damn I can't even begin to imagine the feeling ..sending some virtual hugs :hug: .. I doubt there is a grower out there who has not killed it's hard work with an easy or obvious mistake. Can't even remember all the plants I murdered by accident. No reason to stress too much now, look if you can process anything that's left, and start over. :love: Though next time remember to use a small sample and not everything you have. Peace :Namaste:
Thanks for your kind words, it wasn't ALL lost, quite.

Respect.....As Always

Cmoon

Back
Top Bottom