Do older plants flower faster?

PaleSun

Hi everyone, this is my first post

I've been growing feminized Purple Kush from CropKing outside with great results. I usually start the seeds inside 6 weeks before hardening off outside. I have a question about flowering. I know that flowering starts with increasing hours of darkness in late summer.

Will an older plant go into flowering sooner, or more quickly when the longer nights come? Like if I start the seeds a month earlier?

Failing that, question number 2 - if I force flowering to start using blackout traps over a tunnel for a couple weeks, would that specific hybrid, Feminized Purple Kush want to revert back to vegetative phase if I discontinued the blackout tarps after forcing flowering to start. I've read some strains will keep flowering.

Very specific questions. Thanks if anyone has experience with this.
cheers

Hi everyone, this is my first post

I've been growing feminized Purple Kush from CropKing outside with great results. I usually start the seeds inside 6 weeks before hardening off outside. I have a question about flowering. I know that flowering starts with increasing hours of darkness in late summer.

Will an older plant go into flowering sooner, or more quickly when the longer nights come? Like if I start the seeds a month earlier?

Failing that, question number 2 - if I force flowering to start using blackout traps over a tunnel for a couple weeks, would that specific hybrid, Feminized Purple Kush want to revert back to vegetative phase if I discontinued the blackout tarps after forcing flowering to start. I've read some strains will keep flowering.

Very specific questions. Thanks if anyone has experience with this.
cheers

when you do an outdoor grow do you put the plants somewhere that will shade the sun out earlier? before it sets. just curious, a friend of mine was talking about it and said if you plant on a slope in the right direction the budding will start earlier because the sun will be cut off earlier.

when you do an outdoor grow do you put the plants somewhere that will shade the sun out earlier? before it sets. just curious, a friend of mine was talking about it and said if you plant on a slope in the right direction the budding will start earlier because the sun will be cut off earlier.

Well I don't have a hill, but there is thick Alder brush around the garden, and this summer I'm building grow-tube hoops over the garden.

Back
Top Bottom