Do Organic Nutrients Expire or Go Bad?

Thanks daTenshi, I looked for an expiration date, but couldn't find one on any of the bottles. Its mostly botanicare stuff and everything that I've opened so far has smelled normal. My first couple plants are going to be a test run anyways, so I guess I can just experiment on those. Would love to hear opinions from others as well.

:Namaste:
-Monkey

I do not really think that any organic nutes will go bad with time unless they are stored incorrectly.

If it's organic, it can go bad. By definition, they're not supposed to add preservatives that would extend the shelf life, unless the preservative itself is organic. Since most preservatives and emulsifiers in liquid fertilizer solutions can settle, without a emulsifier and preservative, can separate, settle, and go bad.

I'd take the recommendation of the others though. I'd test on some kind of trash plant or houseplant, just to be safe.

Thank you all for your input and advice! I will definitely try contacting the manufacturer. I guess I finally have a use for those poinsettias that we got around the holidays. I didn't have the heart to just kill them, so I stuck them under a tree in the backyard. They look really healthy, and should make great test subjects.

I'll keep you posted on the results!
:Namaste:
-Monkey

Back
Top Bottom