Do outdoor plants typically droop at night?

ClosetTomatos

I cannot find a direct answer here, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Circumstances have historically only giving me a chance to do closet grows. Recently, I was able to start one outdoors, a bit late in the season, but, to my standards, it's looking pretty decent for week seven. During the daylight hours, it's perky. Leaves are upright, the plant is looking healthy, etc. During the night hours, it droops. This particular plant is a Bubba Kush and has massive fan leaves, so I'm wondering if that's the cause? Because I have a Sativa-Indica hybrid that displays nothing of those effects, despite being outdoors and fed the same nutes

night5.jpg

Thanks, folks. I was hoping it to be a normal phenomenon-- but, over-watering could also be a culprit as it's been raining tremendously as of late. I may bring it into shelter if the rain continues on. I always check my plants in the morning before I go to work, as soon as I am home from work and at least one more time before its dark. I feel the need to make sure they're okay and if any problem is to surface, I can catch it and fix it before it becomes a real issue. I have a certain affection for my girls and I honestly feel a little bit of guilt when it comes to harvesting time.

Here's the same plant, same angle, during the daylight. Pretty huge difference.

IMG_144224.JPG

I barely just noticed this today in my plants. I'm a new grower and I noticed that my plants are beginning to react to dusk and dawn. They know when it's night night time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200630-205758.png
    Screenshot_20200630-205758.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 139
This is normal ...tho can be a sign of over watering, but plants are alive, and its good you the grower.. is paying her attention,
almost like having a goldfish or a puppy
I would expect to see the leaves more curled under and clawed if it was overwater. This is just a night time laydown. Tho underwater can look like this, we know it isnt under because the leaves are moist

Here are mine in the greenhouse! They droop for sure! Even the now 9ft plant sleeps at night! They seem to really take off over night when there resting.

Attachments

• 20200615_204630.jpg
    20200615_204630.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 20200615_204621.jpg
    20200615_204621.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 20200622_000828.jpg
    20200622_000828.jpg
    824 KB · Views: 325
  • 20200622_000818.jpg
    20200622_000818.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 337
Here are mine in the greenhouse! They droop for sure! Even the now 9ft plant sleeps at night! They seem to really take off over night when there resting.

During my research Tonite I found out that plants used stored sugars from the daytime sunlight to help them grow at night. So cannabis plants do grow at night despite popular belief. Plants exposed to 24/7 light grow stubby and short and plants that are exposed to regular night and dark period grow taller, thus why you have huge plants. Can't wait till mine look like yours bro. Nice cannabis man.

During my research Tonite I found out that plants used stored sugars from the daytime sunlight to help them grow at night. So cannabis plants do grow at night despite popular belief. Plants exposed to 24/7 light grow stubby and short and plants that are exposed to regular night and dark period grow taller, thus why you have huge plants. Can't wait till mine look like yours bro. Nice cannabis man.
You are exactly right I did a few plants inside on 24/7 because all mine are autoflowers and it grew slower for sure. All so didn't even come close to the size of the one outside. My soil and all organic growing I think sometimes we put too much in our plants. Simple blood meal gives you luscious growth I love this stuff. In the video I have on my journal I go over the 2 nutes i use, how i water and what's in my soil. Between those and good old fashion sun i now have a 9ft auto fem AK47×Critical mass. They are beautiful genetics to!! I order from True North Seed Bank

Back
Top Bottom