Do regular feminised plants flower on their own?

Thirstymuppet

Hey everyone/anyone. I've grown 3 feminised plants from seed. They have been on 18/6 throughout but they seem to be done waiting on me to flip to 12/12. We're just shy of 3 months in veg. Is that normal? To start flowering on 18/6 after a certain length of time?
Thanks

I'm not sure what your saying. Are you saying they have started flower on their own already under a 18/6 cycle? If so, then it sounds like they are autoflowers.

Feminised seeds are just supposed to be females.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. But autoflowering plants don't take 3 months to start flowering...as far as I know. I'm asking is it normal for a regular feminised plant to flower on its own or would they stay in veg indefinitely on 18/6.

I found this in "joys of growing-great guide"...
Plants can be grown vegetatively indefinitely. It is up to the gardener to decide when to force the plant to flower. A plant can grow from 12" to 12' before being forced to flower
I wonder why mine are flowering. Stress maybe of some kind.

Are your plants fully flowering or just pre-flowers? They can show a few hairs in veg to show they're mature enough and ready to flower but they shouldn't start forming fully developed flowers under 18/6 (unless autos).

I have 2 normal sized plants of different varieties with a hair or 2 here and there so that could be pre flowers alright. I switched to 12/12 so I'll never know if it was actually full on in flower. That's only a day ago. The 3rd one has been a bit of a runt from the start. She is definitely in flower without my intervention. Has been for at least a week.

This is of the runt that's defo in flower. I took it on the 14th, a week ago. I don't have anything more recent of it I'm afraid but as you can imagine it has a lovely head of hair now!!

These are of the other 2. Pics I took in the last week.

Yep that looks like pre-flowers on the non-runt pics. Pre-flowers will generally be 2 or 4 hairs poking out but it shouldn't get more than that until you flip it to flower or it's an autoflower.

Thanks everyone. I think this question has been 'put to bed'. Something must have stressed the runt and triggered flowering. The other 2 are just giving me the green light!
While I have your valued attention. What do you make of orange pistils early on? This runt has a couple here n there.

What do you make of orange pistils early on? This runt has a couple here n there.
All plants have diff characteristics, and cannabis growers can easily become overly fixated on their babies...so I would attribute the orange the uniqueness of your plant....they all look healthy so just keep growing....

:theband:

Cool beans. Was just wondering how common it is, whether anyone had seen it before. Anyway, I don't have time for this. I may get back to my fixation! :p

Back
Top Bottom