Do Sativa and Indica need different nutrients during flowering?

nicool77

I just started the flowering of my Sativa and Indica plants however this is my first time growing sativa and I am wondering if they need different nutrients. I am using the same 100 gallon res for both strains and I am seeing a bit of a nute burn on the sativa but the indica is looking great. Is there a difference in nutrients that I need to know about when it comes to the flowering phase of the two? I would appreciate any help or advice anyone has got for me on the two different strains. THANKS SO MUCh:thanks::thumb::morenutes:

Some strains can be more nutrient sensitive than others & can happen if growing two different indicas for example.

You can always water the sativa strain with a seperate nutrient solution to accommodate its nutrients sensitivity if that is an option :thumb:

yes I do have the ability to use a different nutrient solution however do you happen to know what the sativa is sensitive to by any chance? Also do you have any advice as to the best way to grow sativa?? Thanks for your response I really appreciate it~!! N~

yes I do have the ability to use a different nutrient solution however do you happen to know what the sativa is sensitive to by any chance? Also do you have any advice as to the best way to grow sativa?? Thanks for your response I really appreciate it~!! N~

This is one of the reasons I grow in soil, I can treat each lady in her own way. I have a tiny garden and it is a mix. Some strains showing more sativa and some mostly indica. It has taken time with each strain to see how my methods (soil/LED) work with it and how I feed it. It will take time to see how each strain does with your setup and nutes. I suggest also if you can to feed each strain by itself and grow a strain for more than one generation to improve on your methods till you have it down.

Good Luck

greenhouse seed co recently came out with their own line of nutes that are specifically tailored to indica, sativa and mix. not sure how much is science and how much is a marketing ploy. might be worth a look.

I believe when people refer to sativa & indica that is more of a genus name of that particular type of plant based on the binominal name etc

When people refer to strains well thats more like the common names examples are AK 48, kush, northern lights etc & don't particular want to go into the whole binominal name stuff just for this.

A sativa plant could be of any name by any seed/plant breeder skunk #1, durban poison etc this we will need to know to help find suitable information leading to growth charactistics of partical strain !!!!

For example i've grown two different indica dominate strains by nirvana both have been totally different as in nutrient defeciencys when in flower & often exhibit defeciencys from early to mid flowering cycle.

E.G

Bubblelicious showed nutrient sensitivity to nitrogen which lead to nitrogen toxicity even at recommend rate of application, which may of caused another defeciency problem in the progress which has yet not been clearly solved by myself.

Blue Mystic also showed signs of nitrogen defeciency which made my girls turn 70% yellow took me 4 weeks to rememdie that problem & get them back to health, this included above average application of nutrients beyond recommended requirements & certianly appear to be on the nutrient heavy side.

Part of growing is observation as the strain grows, please bear in mind every strain is different ! and that in may take a couple of grows to master growing that one strain to max potential.

Another idea is some hardcore homework by researching your particalur strain e.g your sativa plant has a common name given to it by its creator and browse or read as many journals as you can find relating to that strain to get a heads up on potential problems/growth charactistics as grown in your own style e.g hydroponic or soil, synthetic or organic nutrients etc

Back
Top Bottom