Do the Mars LED grow lights use just any kind of PC power cable?

Annex420

So stupid me went to plug in my Mars 300 in the dark and I missed the outlet a bit which doesn't have a cover :/ it sparked and burnt the ground prong and it melted a bit, I got a flashlight and tried plugging it in again and nothing happened, thought for sure I screwed the light or cord, turns out I flipped the breaker box, I flipped the switch and the light powered on, should it be ok with the slightly melted prong on the cord, also does the Mars LED light use any kind of PC power cord. i'd like to get a new one or one just for back up. but I don't wanna get one that's gonna create a fire. I do have a fire alarm in the grow room and I shut the light off when im not home, which the plants are usually sleeping anyway.

You should be able to use your pc cable on it. I have two of the mars 300’s and they did not come with a cord. I had a drawer full of different cords and got lucky that I had two power cords from a computer. They work perfect.

You should be able to use your pc cable on it. I have two of the mars 300’s and they did not come with a cord. I had a drawer full of different cords and got lucky that I had two power cords from a computer. They work perfect.
Awesome, I wanna get another cord for it, as far as I know all PC power cables are the same in terms of voltage and stuff, but then again im not a electrician, electricity is not my strong suit lol

Back
Top Bottom