Do these trichomes look ready to harvest? No amber yet

trichomes

Do these trichomes look ready to harvest? No amber yet, thank you to members that contribute!
TRI21.jpg
tr4.jpg

I would say no. The pics are not clear enough to really know how many are clear and how many are cloudy. What I've found is that you have to move the microscope around slowly to really see what's going on.

Sometimes it's hard to tell fuzzy/blurry from cloudy.

I like to clip off 1/2 a leaf (you'll be clipping them off anyways when you trim) Place it on a flat surface with normal lighting and move the microscope around and look for the amber.

Before you harvest, the hairs should be mostly amber and the trichs should at least be mostly cloudy. Some like clear/cloudy, others like cloudy/amber That part is really your choice.

It was explained to me that the more amber, the more body high, the less amber, the more head high.

Do these trichomes look ready to harvest? No amber yet, thank you to members that contribute!
TRI21.jpg
tr4.jpg

definitely not ready yet my friend. your gonna want atleast most of the trichs to be a milky color. they truly looks milky like white with a tint of yellow. an once you start seeing amber or gold trichs you know its time to harvest, anytime after they are mostly milky you can pull them, the milker the trichs the more of a body up high, an the more amber trichs the more of a head couchlock high. hope that helps

That different from what I understood about amber vs milky.

I was told the more amber, the more body high. The more clear/cloudy the more head high. Maybe I didn't understand what was being said.

yea other way around my friend.. the darker the trichs the more of a couch lock high because the thc is breaking down the darker they go turning into a chemical called cbn which creates a more narcotic feeling. the milkier trichs produce a more upidy high ;)

yea other way around my friend.. the darker the trichs the more of a couch lock high because the thc is breaking down the darker they go turning into a chemical called cbn which creates a more narcotic feeling. the milkier trichs produce a more upidy high ;)

Looking at it again, I think I was confused by the wording because I remember the more amber = more narcotic. I should harvest some early and do a compare since I've already tried the very amber ones.

plant is not done! aggressive new bud growth popping out of tops, I still see moths at night, but i'm winning the battle. what do you think of the plant, streetlight hits it from about 120 feet, is this hinderring maturity? thanks again!
singles.jpg
62610.jpg
no prob man! just harvest when they are mostly cloudy with maybe 10% amber an you will be happy with the high :)

plant is outdoors, thanks for your input, I'll post the pics when she's done. here's a recent pic
P6264009.JPG
6_13_4.jpg

I agree with KarlJay...they should have no light leaks at all during the 12 hours of darkness. The problem with light leaks is the plants may not flower at all, Or if they are in flower, then they may re-veg. Just what I have read though....:peace:

what about the brightness of the Moon? any chance that affects or could fool a flowering plant? thanks for your input! So, so many details to the path for a PERFECT grow!! cheers :thumb:

I agree with KarlJay...they should have no light leaks at all during the 12 hours of darkness. The problem with light leaks is the plants may not flower at all, Or if they are in flower, then they may re-veg. Just what I have read though....:peace:

Thanks for your input!!! what about the brightness of the Moon? that compares to a light leak,,,,, any chance that affects or could fool a flowering plant? so many details to the path for a PERFECT grow!! sorry if you got this twice, I'm clueless in this arena.:Namaste:

You could shade them from that light at night. I've heard that anything that screws up the 12/12 cycle can make them hermie or have other problems.

A tarp or something might do the trick.

It is highly unlikely the street light is hindering maturity, more likely it's the fact there is so much light in the day, being that summer solstice just passed, and cannabis won't really begin to flower until fall is signaled to it...Is it just me or does the plant look like it's been re-verted back to veg? That can be one of the problems with planting early is that it will actually start flowering up until June, and if it does't get far enough through flowering than it will revert. But if it gets far enough through it will go on to finish flowering, but with noticable new green growth coming out of the buds. The trichomes are at an early stage of concentration and potency in the depiction.

:peacetwo:

Here is todays pic, new growth large sprouts, is this normal? could streetlight cause this? plants been outside since early May. I thought it was almost done, then this re-veg w/ aggressive new growth. I'm gonna let it grow. thoughts?? thank you

It is highly unlikely the street light is hindering maturity, more likely it's the fact there is so much light in the day, being that summer solstice just passed, and cannabis won't really begin to flower until fall is signaled to it...Is it just me or does the plant look like it's been re-verted back to veg? That can be one of the problems with planting early is that it will actually start flowering up until June, and if it does't get far enough through flowering than it will revert. But if it gets far enough through it will go on to finish flowering, but with noticable new green growth coming out of the buds. The trichomes are at an early stage of concentration and potency in the depiction.

:peacetwo:

newGrowth5.jpg

Here is todays pic, new growth large sprouts, is this normal? could streetlight cause this? plants been outside since early May. I thought it was almost done, then this re-veg w/ aggressive new growth. I'm gonna let it grow. thoughts?? thank you

newGrowth5.jpg
That re veg just pull the old bud off and leave tops as if you lollipop it

Back
Top Bottom