Do you experiment?

labexperiment

With this thread I would like to put forth an idea for and experiment, and ask others to do the same. If anyone would like to journal an experiment please mention the poster who had the idea. As not everyone has room or time to do experiments of ideas we have when stoned.

So here is my idea, kind of a mix of soil or soiless and DWC.

Place an airstone at the bottom of a soil or soiless grown plant attach the air tube and every time its watered turn the air on for a few minutes out of every hour, probably just for that day. I expect the soil would be to dry after a day to allow the air to bubble through the soil effectively. My thought is that the air bubbling up through the water and soil would provide more oxygen for the roots and the plant should respond positively.

I would also encourage any critisism of the idea or improvments of the experiment.

Thanks for reading.

@labexperiment bringing back an old thread here... but I’m curious as if you ever have this a go.

I am brand new and it's not terribly scientific, but I have my second grow just started and I am doing a comparison of two Blue Dream'matic Autos grown two different ways. One will be ProMix and Megacrop and the other will be using commercially sourced supersoil and just pH'd water. I'm also throwing another plant in there that I just wanted to grow since I have room for three plants now (LSD-25 auto). Very early, but drop by and give me your input if you are so inclined.

Interesting idea....I would worry about the stone getting clogged and the soil lifting up and over the edge of the pot when watering from under. I could see the appeal of the lack of attention needed for soil/less but you could always just automate a hydroponic system.

Back
Top Bottom