Do you flush before harvest

Do you flush before harvest?

• No, I feed until the end.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Yes, I flush with water only.

Votes: 110 75.9%
  • Yes, I flush with additives or a solution.

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters
It's plant that wants to survive. It's a tribute to it's genetics thats it's still alive. I can think of several possibilities, none of them very likely. I know you can grow lettuce full life cycle in just tap water (tap water ppm averages about 600 to 700). But thats lettuce. At some point this thing is gonna start trying to feed a lot of bud growth, and it will starve to death doing it.

If it's surviving so well right now... imagine what it could be doing.

What kind of soil is it planted in... is it in the ground? Was it a name brand soil with time release fertilizers in in per chance?

You've got everybody's interest, give us the full details on this miracle grow.....

Yes, you do clone in plain water. You can't GROW like that though, after a healthy root system is developed all of your plain h2o plants will die. Fast. And the word is "taken", not "tooken".

HeadMed: Not all tap water's ppm is so high. Mine is only about 30ppm

Cloning in plain water is normal and just because it was a flowering clone doesn't mean it's still flowering. It will grow roots before it tries to grow bud and without food one is wasting their time. Growing without "ANY" nutrients is impossible and I don't care if anyone says differently. A flowering plant needs food to grow and flower. Period! It doesn't matter if the food was already in the container when you planted the plant or if you add it afterwards, but food is a requirment.

I've 'flushed' plants for six months, keeping them in total dark. This way all - literally all - of the chlorophyll is used up, and the bud is yellow, the smoke delicate and aromatic.

I've 'flushed' plants for six months, keeping them in total dark. This way all - literally all - of the chlorophyll is used up, and the bud is yellow, the smoke delicate and aromatic.
AAHHH....yeah! I have to say that I don't believe this one at all. The plant would have used up all the chlorophyll and been totally yellow within a month or less. 6 months would result in a plant that is totally useless to get high off of as the trichs would have turned black and degraded to nothing.

Couple things to add here.
1. Yes I cut nutrients... about ten days before end.
2. I do use Molasses through the end, but do not use extra water, so you can't exactly call it a "flush".
3. In order to detemermine strain quality, some seedbanks grow the plant without nutes.
4. At the end of this grow i will be leaving the plants in total darkness for the last three days.

1. Yes I cut nutrients... about ten days before end.
2. I do use Molasses through the end, but do not use extra water, so you can't exactly call it a "flush".
3. In order to detemermine strain quality, some seedbanks grow the plant without nutes.
4. At the end of this grow i will be leaving the plants in total darkness for the last three days.

So, what is the purpose of the darkness. You have sparked my curiosity.

It's a touchy topic , too say the least :cheesygrinsmiley:
some say it increases potency
and some say it's BS.
Fact is some cannabinoids are destroyed (or reduced levels) by light,
if they are left in total dark for a couple days before harvest,
they(cannabinoids) are preserved.

A quick update on this topic. Before I started this thread I used to flush with only water. Since then I have been using Sweet (tm) by Botanicare at 1/2 of final bloom strength (10ml./gal.) with plain water during flush for the last 2 crops of my own as well as 2 crops each for two of my brothers' crops. This stuff is great! I am a convinced user now. Trichome development is greatly increased as well as a very nice berry smell that cures up great. The stuff I have been putting out smells skunky and fruity at the same time. Everyone who has smoked it just loves it!:hippy:

Sounds sweet bro. :)

I stopped nutes the last week or 2 before i harvest.Then it's just water.I grow in soil.

i have herd of this what effect does this cause on the plants and does it cause any stress:bong:sorry just stoned in thought

Back
Top Bottom