Do you foilage feed? How?

I never foliar feed nor mist my clones. Vigorous growth naturally ensues.
I want water transpiring from stomata, not absorbing into leaves.

also could you please fill me in on why this is a bad thing?? I am A new grower and would like to hear both sides of this arguement...

Some argue that foliar feeding is great at getting trace or "micro" elements to parts of the plant, it does not do well with nutrients that are needed in larger quantities. To get more nutrients, you would have to apply more often. This can get costly and time consuming.

The water and nutrient mix (and any oils used as a "wetting" agent) left on leaves during full sun, or direct lighting can actually burn the plant. Left over salts can become an issue too. So sometimes you'll need to rinse, or mist, the plants with plain ph'd water to wash them some.

Extra nutrients during foliar feeding can cause your medicine to taste funny. This is a non-issue if you stop foliar sprays once flowering starts.

The extra water and humidity make it a breeding ground for bacteria, mold, and other nasties. This is especially true during flower, as water gets inside the big sticky buds.

It is easy to over do it

Relying too heavily on foliar feed can result in a smaller root system. Smaller roots, smaller fruits.

Some people simply do not like the idea

It can make a mess in a grow room, with residual salts drying on the walls or reflective material. Can make for extra cleaning. On large operations, it simply becomes too time consuming.

Thank you RP. that is exactly what I wanted to know..

hummm not all of what u say is true. there are trace minerals and there can be nutes in rain and fish and frogs and all types of stuff. rain is not at all the same from place to place and even from time to time. and yes there are waxy leafed plants but this web site isn't specific to those types of plants.

Re: Nutrient Deficiency...Foilage Feeding the Solution?

I have a plant that is 7 Weeks old, going on 8 and was perfectly healthy up until about a week ago. I started to notice some copper coloured, yellowing on the older fan leaves at first but it seems to be spreading toward the top of the plant, and has been progressing slowing through the week. At first I thought I over fed, so I skipped 2 feedings, but it's just gotten worse so I figure it's a calcium deficiency, but i'm not quite sure. It's the first plant i've ever grown, so i really need some feedback as to how to handle the situation. Anyone have any suggestions?

my-plant-with-nutrient.198566

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198565

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198563

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198562

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198564

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198567

hummm not all of what u say is true. there are trace minerals and there can be nutes in rain and fish and frogs and all types of stuff. rain is not at all the same from place to place and even from time to time. and yes there are waxy leafed plants but this web site isn't specific to those types of plants.
While I am concerned with and grow cannabis, all plants must protect their cells from death by osmosis.
Read this: Epicuticular wax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I do not worry about fish and frogs in the rain. Duh

Thanks, DF, CellophaneSam, you're both two more growers that do mist.so far, most posting here do mist

I misted through all my past indoor grows never once had a problem but I did mixed the water with floralicious plus the ph just seemed to work out when used! I used 1ml maybe little less per gallon, the plants loved it an never a problem and I always stopped at flower, I haven't though with the outdoor grow! the sprinklers do a little misting and that's not ph'd and hasn't hurt them thus far! they do only come once a few times during the week!

Everyone has an opinion on this and many other growing subjects! who knows what the conditions were under! in a lab or home!,winter or summer! or if the application was done correctly or even if it was just a good or bad experience that convinces one to form an opinion, in my experiences there is always a yin to the yang! where one experiences a unfavorable result and another experiences favorable results this is how it has always been! and will remain that way forever and a day, so To Be or Not to be! that is the question..

My suggestion is try it! if it doesn't work for you don't use it.

Re: Nutrient Deficiency...Foilage Feeding the Solution?

I have a plant that is 7 Weeks old, going on 8 and was perfectly healthy up until about a week ago. I started to notice some copper coloured, yellowing on the older fan leaves at first but it seems to be spreading toward the top of the plant, and has been progressing slowing through the week. At first I thought I over fed, so I skipped 2 feedings, but it's just gotten worse so I figure it's a calcium deficiency, but i'm not quite sure. It's the first plant i've ever grown, so i really need some feedback as to how to handle the situation. Anyone have any suggestions?

my-plant-with-nutrient.198566

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198565

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198563

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198562

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198564

my-plant-with-nutrient-problems.198567

I suggest you post this question in the appropiate forum or thread or start your own thread. You'll get more respones that way.

I have to admit that I do not foliar feed although I do mist frequently. Sometimes 4-5 times a day VERY lightly. Do you think this much misting could cause problems, stunted roots down the road? Things seem fine so far though, very lush and green. Hmmmmm..

I have to admit that I do not foliar feed although I do mist frequently. Sometimes 4-5 times a day VERY lightly. Do you think this much misting could cause problems, stunted roots down the road? Things seem fine so far though, very lush and green. Hmmmmm..

How often would it rain on them in the Columbian mountains? Certainly increases humidity. Just don't do it in Flowering to be extra safe.

I do acknowledge that Foilage Feeding is about as natural as growing plants in a container of water with airstones in it, artificial lights over it, in a closet or tent, indoors! But I do both.

This is my first grow test with one plant and I have been misting her 3 times a day with carbonated water mainly cos it has Co2 in it and she seems to love it it, also keeps humidity high as well during veg stage, I still mist here into four weeks of flowering so far but I take care to shake the buds of any water I think shaking her a little helps to make stems stronger her as well she will look a little shocked but is back to normal in 30 mins with leafs straight as an arrow...I may add some foliar feed next grow.

Dutch Masters "Liquid Light" anyone use this .... says it incresses light intake by plant 60% hydro store guy ranted and raved about it.. but its a foilage feed

Back
Top Bottom