Do you foilage feed? How?

I am just answering what carbonated water is. I am not even sure if you should use it. But you can find seltzer in any store even the corner store. It is with the sodas or bottled water.

I am just answering what carbonated water is. I am not even sure if you should use it. But you can find seltzer in any store even the corner store. It is with the sodas or bottled water.

rose said he had seen two people that bragged on the carby water for leaf feeding,i figured id try it if i couldent use tap water.thanks

I always mist my plants with plain ph'd water, twice a day in veg. I also lightly foliar feed, twice a week. Not only does it raise the humidity around the plants, it also provides very helpful trace elements that the plants otherwise might not get(especially in soil). Here is a paragraph explaining effectiveness:

""Dr. H.B. Tukey, renowned plant researcher and head of the Michigan State University (MSU) Department of Horticulture in the 1950s, working with research colleague S.H. Wittwer at MSU, first proved conclusively that foliar feeding of plant nutrients really works. Researching possible peaceful uses of atomic energy in agriculture, they used radioactive phosphorus and radiopotassium to spray plants, then measured with a Geiger counter the absorption, movement, and utilization of these and other nutrients within plants. They found plant nutrients moved at the rate of about one foot per hour to all parts of the plants."[2]

Foliar feeding is considered especially useful for introducing trace elements, or for "emergency" feeding of plants which are found to have a specific shortage. But in some cases, with tomatoes, for example, it is believed that foliar feeding during flower set causes a dramatic increase in fruit production."

Hot Dang, Theanswer, thats a great post, very informative. VERY INFORMATIVE!

RM correct me if I am wrong. I had read to make the spray for that use only cause the ph and such changes in the bottle. If this is true you may want to add it on the first page. If not I will erase this post and put ooooopps.

The answer is yes, just do enough for that day. After a day ph will change and algea will grow in the bottle

rose said he had seen two people that bragged on the carby water for leaf feeding,i figured id try it if i couldent use tap water.thanks

Mr.Bendog420..

I myself use Carbonated Water,, BUT,, the regular Seltzer Water contain's Salt,, so I personally use the *Sodium Free* Bottled Seltzer Water.. And yes Sir,, you can buy it in just about any Grocery Store,, I buy mine at WalMart.. And I've used it for a loooong time,, in the Past it was used on Soil Grow's (Me being new to the Hydro World).. But,, I have been using it in my new Hydro Garden and it seem's to be working BETTER than before actually !! !!

With that said,, I'm not saying you SHOULD or Should'nt try it on your BabyGurl'z,, I'm just saying,, for me,, it work's GREAT !! !! .. :)

rose good info,,could i use regular tap water instead of distilled or filterd ,,where could i find carb water??

Tap water might contain something you don't want to feed them through the leaves. All I have read on MISTING in my grow books say to use PURE or Distilled water that is pH between 5.5 and 6.5.

Using carbonated water is something I have no experience with, its just something I am learning about that is new. I am not 100% sure about it, bendog420.

Mr.Bendog420..

I myself use Carbonated Water,, BUT,, the regular Seltzer Water contain's Salt,, so I personally use the *Sodium Free* Bottled Seltzer Water.. And yes Sir,, you can buy it in just about any Grocery Store,, I buy mine at WalMart.. And I've used it for a loooong time,, in the Past it was used on Soil Grow's (Me being new to the Hydro World).. But,, I have been using it in my new Hydro Garden and it seem's to be working BETTER than before actually !! !!

With that said,, I'm not saying you SHOULD or Should'nt try it on your BabyGurl'z,, I'm just saying,, for me,, it work's GREAT !! !! .. :)

Very informative! How did you learn about using carbonated water? What are the benefits that you know of or read up about?

Very informative! How did you learn about using carbonated water? What are the benefits that you know of or read up about?

Mr.Roseman..

It's just something that made sense to me,, all Carbonated Water is,, is Water infused with Co2.. And we all know the benefit's of Co2.. Now,, whether or not it IS actually something that DOES help the Plant or not,, I do not know.. I havent actually done any Test's or Study's to prove anything.. But,, to me,, it DOES seem to Help.. ..

Your more than welcome to try it for yourself my Friend,, or not,, but if your asking my personal Opinion.. I would say,, try it for yourself on 1 plant or heck maybe even on a Runt,, lol,, what Harm can it do ?? Especially to a Plant your not worried about.. And if you do Sir,, I'll BET you'll start using it all the time !! .. :)

Hell who know's.. .. Maybe it's just the Misting that seem's to Help the BabyGurl'z,, and the Co2 has no actual Benefit.. I have no Proof of either way,, except my experience in using it for Years.. Either way,, I will continue to use it on every Garden I Tend.. :)

Ahh.. Turn's out,, if you Google or Bing the subject,, I'm not by any means the only Person to use Carbonated Water.. Other People are using it as well !! !! .. :)

I can't add to or change the front page.

and I am not 100% sure I understand your post. Can you re-phrase it?

I read the spray goes bad. In other words it seemed like it was a one use spray then you needed to clean the bottle out. For next feed remake the spray. I am not sure it is true but it was posted that the ph fluctuates if the solution is just left in the bottle to use for next time.

I hope I have spoken in English this time.

I read the spray goes bad. In other words it seemed like it was a one use spray then you needed to clean the bottle out. For next feed remake the spray. I am not sure it is true but it was posted that the ph fluctuates if the solution is just left in the bottle to use for next time.

I hope I have spoken in English this time.

Ms.Alien8..

Now the pH Issue I'm not aware of,, I've never Tested it before or after using it (I'm pH Illiterate,. pHtarded lol).. But once you Open the Bottle the first time and put the Sprayer on,, You dont have to Pump the Sprayer,, the Carbonated Water just Spray's on it's own.. And after the First use,, I alway's have plenty left over so I just put the Cap back on,, if you dont,, I think it would finish Emptying the Bottle by itself anyway.. But,, when I go back to use it again,, there isnt anywhere near as much Pressure as the First Time,, and it seem's to lose about Half of its *Umph* every time you use it.. ..
So I buy the smallest Bottle's I can find,, which by the way are'nt very small.. lol.. I think they're 16oz. .. But,, for whatever reason I can't find smaller.. I buy the *Generic* Wally World "Sodium Free" Seltzer Water.. ..

Back
Top Bottom