Do you guys prune buds?

stewbacca6

:bongrip: hey all, was wondering if you guys remove lower, less lighted buds in order to increase the size of the top buds. I have a 3.5 ft tall plant with a bunch of tiny, underdeveloped buds around the bottom of the plant and im in the 8th week.
It seems like my top buds are suffering based upon comparison with other plants on this site.
Thanks

:bongrip: hey all, was wondering if you guys remove lower, less lighted buds in order to increase the size of the top buds. I have a 3.5 ft tall plant with a bunch of tiny, underdeveloped buds around the bottom of the plant and im in the 8th week.
It seems like my top buds are suffering based upon comparison with other plants on this site.
Thanks

You'll drive yourself nuts comparing your grows aganst others.:cheesygrinsmiley:

ya the buds looks fluffy and underdeveloped. They look like buds in week 4. Could I harvest the top buds and leave the bottom say two more weeks?

So there is not a specific time table for budding? Are you saying the bottom bud trichomes will not turn amber at the same time the top buds turn? Interesting

So there is not a specific time table for budding? Are you saying the bottom bud trichomes will not turn amber at the same time the top buds turn? Interesting

Watch them,
if the tops turn before the bottoms,
take the tops and leave the bottoms.
Give the bottoms more time to turn.
If they don't no lose, if they do more good bud :cheesygrinsmiley:

Looks win , win to me :cheesygrinsmiley::partyboy:

There are some great growers on this site, and it would be tough to compare any one plant to another you might fascinate over. Youv'e got to start somewhere.

I will only trim lower growth to favor of the more robust upper growth earlier in the flowering cycle (5-7 weeks). At 8 weeks I would simply allow them to finish with the rest of the plant or take them as "samples" before you plan to harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Growing methods like SCROG and LST minimize height, makes more effective use of lighting, and thus reduces the number of smaller light-straved budsites. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom