Do you harvest Old School?

SQl2kGuy

Anyone Harvest Old School Like This?

0_old_school_057066_Ampliada.jpg

#ClubOldSchool
*** Run grow lights "6/18 Hours of Light/Dark" after 4 weeks of flower ... [build-up of Florigen(A flower hormone)]

0_mars_hydro_sp_250_led_grow_light_1.jpg

*** Split Main Stem 1 week before harvest (produce bigger, denser buds and a higher concentration of trichomes)

0_stem_splitting_1207.jpg

*** Uninterupted 72 hours darkness right before harvest (ripen buds)

*** Remove plant from pot with roots attached

*** Wash soil off roots

*** Spray roots with favorite alcohol

0_kahlua340.thm350.jpg

*** Wrap roots in black garbage bag

*** Trim Fan Leaves

*** Hang plant upside down in dark room for 3 days ... spray roots once each day with alcohol

*** Complete drying/curing process

For most of the above: Lol, no.

For "Uninterupted 72 hours darkness right before harvest (ripen buds with a higher concentration of trichomes)," any additional trichomes formed that close to harvest will be so immature as to not even count, so: Lol, no.

Old school... let me think...

Other than harvests back in the day involving lots of Paranoia :(I can’t think of any defining differences from harvests now. I never heard of most of that stuff. Never took ‘stem splitting’ seriously but who knows.

There’s no way in hell I would have wasted any alcohol pouring it on a dead plant’s root :eek: and certainly not my ‘favourite’ alcohol. Anyway I’m pretty sure my ‘favorite alcohol’ was just whatever kind that I was actually holding in my hand at the time.

I never looked at roots as a source of thc or a good place to pour alcohol. I just chopped plants off at ground level and hung to dry.

“Run grow lights "6/18 Hours of Light/Dark" after 4 weeks of flower ...”

I don’t understand this one. If I’m reading it right- it would only work for autos and we didn’t have autos.

I don’t do, and never did do, the 72 hour darkness thing. Some growers I do respect do do it, but I don’t do it.

Just a quick fyi ...

Run grow lights "6/18 Hours of Light/Dark" after 4 weeks of flower is documented and works ...

Stem Splitting is from Amsterdam ...

Uninterupted 72 hours darkness ,,, has been documented here at 420 and works ...

Spraying the roots with alcohol may be a myth ... but I am going to try it this upcoming harvest for sure ...

It's cool to try different things because the earth is not flat :)

Just a quick fyi ...

Run grow lights "6/18 Hours of Light/Dark" after 4 weeks of flower is documented and works ...

Stem Splitting is from Amsterdam ...

Uninterupted 72 hours darkness ,,, has been documented here at 420 and works ...

Spraying the roots with alcohol may be a myth ... but I am going to try it this upcoming harvest for sure ...

It's cool to try different things because the earth is not flat :)
I don’t have the stock pile to allow for experimental techniques this drastic...but I’m filling away the ideas for future use! NEVER BE AFRAID TO FAIL MISERABLY!:thumb:

try different things.... the earth is not flat.

Oh yes sir- you’d be looking for the ‘New School’ area then- right over that way....No no don’t fret. It’s a common mixup.

You mean 6 hours on/18 hours off right?
Lowered dli to induce senescense is an old technique for sure. I just turn one of my light bars off for that. But never used that schedule.

I did stem splitting once. I saw some benefits to it but it’s a hassle to do in a 4x4 tent. I can’t reach the ones at the back so i gave up. The benefits were limited ime anyway.

I haven’t done 72 hrs but done 48. It’s my undertanding that this is especially benefical for a smoother smoke more than anything else. When lights are off plant moves the starches it makes during light period to it’s roots thus when you give them a long period of darkness, the buds will be cleaner because there won’t be any starches left in them.

So that’s my take on these things.

Never done the alcohol thingy.

Back
Top Bottom