Do you prefer seeds or clones?

Seeds or Clones?

• Total voters

28 Grams

Just curious. I'm on my first grow and I used clones..I think I will always go with clones for a few reasons: you get a head-start compared to seeds, you don't have to do the duty of germination, and of course you always know your plants are female (I know they have fem seeds though).

I can get my clones for under $10 each so I think it's relatively inexpensive as well.

I prefer clones but not bought, my own. Im worried about pests coming in with bought clones but when i find a plant i really like from seed i make it my mom and clone and clone and clone. Seeds are about $10 each so they are comparable in price. I really like to buy seeds find a male and female that i like breed them and find a keeper in the seeds they peoduce. Ill take cuts from the keeper and grow my fav female over and over.

The longer a plan has been alive the weaker the THC in the bigger gifts if you pop a seed of sunset sherbert and buy a clone of Sunset Sherbert your seedling will be more potent have a higher yield and faster maturing due to its young age and it still has all that bigger left growing in it

Seeds you can store them you know what strains they are they're getting easier to get you can breed your own see very easily so by buying clones you can make feminized seeds on your own without anybody's help and never have to buy them again I run a dispensary we sell our clones for $7.50 or seeds or $5 so I hope this helps if you have anymore questions hit me up by private messaging

The longer a plan has been alive the weaker the THC in the bigger gifts if you pop a seed of sunset sherbert and buy a clone of Sunset Sherbert your seedling will be more potent have a higher yield and faster maturing due to its young age and it still has all that bigger left growing in it

Seeds you can store them you know what strains they are they're getting easier to get you can breed your own see very easily so by buying clones you can make feminized seeds on your own without anybody's help and never have to buy them again I run a dispensary we sell our clones for $7.50 or seeds or $5 so I hope this helps if you have anymore questions hit me up by private messaging

Have you actually seen THC levels drop? I've heard you'll lose "vigor" but didn't really know if that just meant the plants grew slower.

I like seeds and clones for different purposes. Generally I like seeds more because you can store them and choose to grow them whenever, whereas cloning is more of a time-sensitive thing. However cloning is essential when you've found a phenotype of a strain you like and want to keep growing it. It's also nice for growing in scrog or sog style grows since the plants stay mostly the same size and lend themselves to an even canopy better.

Just curious. I'm on my first grow and I used clones..I think I will always go with clones for a few reasons: you get a head-start compared to seeds, you don't have to do the duty of germination, and of course you always know your plants are female (I know they have fem seeds though).

I can get my clones for under $10 each so I think it's relatively inexpensive as well.
I've only grown from a seed but would like to try a clone.
I harvested my first gal recently and am trying to regenerate her. I don't know if it'll work and am not too vested in any success. I noticed her stem has cracked... I don't know if that's a bad sign or if new growth would come out of it.
420-magazine-mobile832439248.jpg

I rinsed her roots and gave her fresh coco (not sure if rinsing was a good idea)

420-magazine-mobile1731247898.jpg

I've only grown from a seed but would like to try a clone.
I harvested my first gal recently and am trying to regenerate her. I don't know if it'll work and am not too vested in any success. I noticed her stem has cracked... I don't know if that's a bad sign or if new growth would come out of it..

I rinsed her roots and gave her fresh coco (not sure if rinsing was a good idea)

You got to leave some leaves for regeneration. Chances are slim and none with what you are trying to do.

WTF did this come from? You shouldn't be parroting BS. I've got some 10 and 12th generation strains that if anything are getting better. I have some mothers that are 1st and 2nd generation that have been kicking out clones for years and the clones do not "weaken". (...and I suppose you cut your clones under-water too because that's the current urban growers myth that's going around......)

Seems strange. There are strains that have been clones for years and are some of the best smoke you can get, sounds wrong to me

I've dabled in clones, but still a new grower so 99% seeds for me

Now as I am finding Strains I like, norrowed down, I'll probably find some mothers and try cloning more

I cloned my first clone from a bag seed mother, that was not that great. But after five years of clones all from the first bag lady, the hooter was totally awesome !The last two years have been from various kush seeds. Currently I have a Blueberry Kush that is a clone and a clone of her is growing well.So I am cloning the blueberry kush now and loving it. Clones are my preferred choice to grow.

Back
Top Bottom