Do you think that 4 clip on fans ok for 32x32 tent?

The123321

I have a 32x32 tent with 4 auto plants in it 2 in veg and 2 in flowering. I have a 6 inch exhaust fan with filter and I have a 240w led quantum board. I have 3 of the 6 inch clip on fans now and would have 2 blowing air down towards the tops of the plants and want to put 2 at the bottom of the tent in the back 2 corners blowing air up in the angle toward the light in the middle of the top of the tent. I mainly want the bottom 2 fans to blow air near the bottom of the 2 flowering plants in the tent. The 2 top fans blowing down would likely be enough air for the 2 in veg in there tent.

Do you think that 4 fans are ok to use in a tent that small or is that too many fans to do for it on there? How many fans would you use in a tent that size and where would you put the fans in the tent for it on there?

Thanks. The fans do not move. The plants are very short and bushy and I do not see how I could have only 1 fan and have it put air around under the buds of more than 1 plant. I have to move leaves out of the way to water it on there. The 2 fans blowing air down from the top seem to do a good job of keeping the leaves moving a little from the top but I thought it was recommended to have air moving around under the buds to prevent the problems you may have from little air flow. I got the 1 extra fan to blow air up toward the led quantum board but then I do not see how only 1 fan would put enough air flow under the buds of more than 1 plant on there.

That’s where the in-line fan comes in. Say you have an in-line fan with enough CFM to circulate the air within the tent twice a minute. You create a negative air pressure within the tent, a fresh air intake, on both sides of the tent. That is how one fan blowing on the plants is enough... :smokin::)

Thanks. I have a 32x32 tent with a 6 inch fan with filter on the exhaust. It is on the low setting and it pulls in the sides of the tent. I think it is probably moving a nice amount of air through the tent every minute. The fans are only like $12 each. I would rather have more fans running on low than less fans on high. There is no reason to not use 3 or 4 clip on fans in that size tent if I can keep it from moving the leaves around very fast right? The 2 fans that blow down on the top of the plants on the low setting are moving the leaves the amount I want now. I want to move air down under it. The plants are very short and bushy and I am not planning to lollipop or defoliate so the leaves are down over the sides of the pot. That is why I was thinking 1 of doing 1 fan on the side of each of the 2 flowering plants blowing the air up toward the light for it on there.

I’m by no mean saying one fan was or is enough. Just saying, that you don’t want too much direct wind or it could cause wind burn. Ultimately it’s your set up, your in the drivers seat, and you can have as many fans in there as you want. I’m only here to help and suggest :thumb:

Thanks. The fans on the low setting do not seem to be putting out very fast air on the leaves. If I had fans that move then less would likely work though with these little $12 clip on fans I think I may need like 3-4 to make the leaves move on the top and bottom of the plants on there.

I have a few of those in my 2x3 veg tent and since they don't oscillate i also keep them on low setting AND put them on a tab timer set for 15 on, 15 off to simulate a breezy day and the girls LOVE them

Back
Top Bottom