Do you use the USB microscope to view trichomes?

The123321

I have a small tent and it is hard to move the plants in and out to view trichomes and I do not want to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes. I have tried the little mini $14 mini microscope and a regular 40x loupe and it was really hard to view trichomes bent over in the tent to view on plants in the back of the tent.

I have read reviews of the $20 and $30 usb microscopes that you can plug into your phone to take images. I think that would be easier than trying to hold the loupe to the back of the phone while bent over to the back of the tent to get an image that is not blurry. The reviews list that some like it and some do not. Do any of you use a usb microscope to take images of the trichomes? Is it easy to do without removing the plant from the tent and without having to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes for it on there?

I use one and it works great. It can be used handheld but if you want to go up to 1000x you’ll need to hold very still and it’s easier on a table etc. Mine was like $28
2403217D-BC18-4367-A431-20D61CC6DF16.jpeg
7491DE5C-1D37-42CF-92B8-B3BA5F087190.jpeg

Thanks. I tried with a different 40x loupe today and I still had trouble viewing it. I do not think I am going to be able to easily see the trichomes with the plants in the tent and it is hard to remove the plants. I think the easiest way for me to do this with how my tent is would be to cut off a piece of the bud. When you cut off a piece of the bud what part do you cut it from on it? Do you cut off a piece from the top of the bud and how big of a piece do you cut off the bud for it on there?

Magnifying glasses were a source of frustration for me last year. I am going get one of those wifi version of "microscopes" that could connect to my phone. They still seem cheap but easier to use. Anyone else have one of those types?

I have the Cell phone, tablet, laptop connecting microscope it takes great pictures but you still have to have a steady hand or a tripod to keep the microscope steady if you don't want to go the route of cutting a piece the plant off, which real is the best way to take a nice still clear trichome picture. :)

I have a small tent and it is hard to move the plants in and out to view trichomes and I do not want to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes. I have tried the little mini $14 mini microscope and a regular 40x loupe and it was really hard to view trichomes bent over in the tent to view on plants in the back of the tent.

I have read reviews of the $20 and $30 usb microscopes that you can plug into your phone to take images. I think that would be easier than trying to hold the loupe to the back of the phone while bent over to the back of the tent to get an image that is not blurry. The reviews list that some like it and some do not. Do any of you use a usb microscope to take images of the trichomes? Is it easy to do without removing the plant from the tent and without having to cut off part of the plant to view trichomes for it on there?
Hey if you have an Apple phone, it has its own magnifier. Or any android can get an app.!
Here’s a few close ups of mine using just that.
Tropic punch and urban gorilla.
All very close to that all important harvest time

A6F95DE4-C612-4198-A1F2-69F66EE3EE28.jpeg

B80C6E31-700A-40F4-8715-6F01F00A94B5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom