DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure 2.0: The Reboot

Noob sitting in and learning
:Namaste:

Welcome! Glad to have you along! Any questions about anything I do, just ask. There won’t be a lot of excitement other than watching in the next couple of weeks, but once we get to 3 weeks in, I’ll do a significant amount of training and I’m happy to explain why I do what I do.

Lol same! I gave my hubs the following Xmas list: weed, weed accessories, stuff to grow bigger weed and bath bombs from lush! Lol that's it

Lmao, I said pretty much the same thing but I went ans picked up the bath bombs and bubble bath myself lol. I asked for some trimming shears lol

I asked for a Magical Butter Machine but know it’s unreasonable, so I don’t expect to get it. I asked for some locking storage for my bud - figure as the kids get older it’s unavoidable. Maybe someone will get me a surprise. I bought my dad the Jorge Cervantes grow bible, and my brother a book about gardening in small spaces (he lives in the city but grows some vegetables and herbs in his small garden) and a jar of bud!

Quick question for you guys. My Royal Gorilla isn’t oriented properly. Instead of seeing cotyledons come up, I see part of the taproot at surface level. I covered it in coco and otherwise left it. I figured since the taproot didn’t appear to be growing straight up, ensuring no light was hitting it and otherwise not intervening was my best option. Just wondering if anyone thinks there is a better approach, or would recommend intervening and gently reorienting the seedling?

I would just cover it as you did. I have also pulled the whole thing out and re orientated it.

Cool - I did that this morning, and have had lights out since, so I’ll see how she looks after some root development during lights out and time under the lamp.

Interestingly the Royal Gorilla I culled in the fall wasn’t oriented nicely either - stalk came up diagonally initially. In the end it was no issue but it definitely slowed early veg.

No progress on the Royal Gorilla, and the root looked a little brown at the end. Made the executive decision to reorient it and I fear the worst! We’ll see where she is tomorrow, these ladies have already proven me wrong before.

No progress on the Royal Gorilla, and the root looked a little brown at the end. Made the executive decision to reorient it and I fear the worst! We'll see where she is tomorrow, these ladies have already proven me wrong before.
Why do you fear the worst? I hope you didn't damage the root!

Why do you fear the worst? I hope you didn't damage the root!

It's like she's stopped progressing, with a browning at the end of the tap root - makes me feel like I killed her! I was careful not to damage the root while I moved it around. I let the coco get fairly dry before trying anything to be safe. In any case, she's watered and under the lamp for the next 16 hours, so tomorrow I should have a good indication of whether she'll make it.

And thanks PW, I've been lucky through my mistakes so far, so why not again?

Sometimes when she's a baby you can do irreversible damage. I think I did the same with mine.

Yeah I am pretty sure the damage my white widow took while a seedling stunted it beyond the ability to recover fully. Just goes to show the importance of the initial growth phase.

Back
Top Bottom