Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG

Wow, I'm in for this one...missed out on Doc's last grow but can't wait to see this!! I've completed a OG scrog before and currently have 3 different OG's in a scrog, there definitly flimsy plants and I found a screen above with fishing line works well for "hanging" the heaviest cola's up..

Love that your doing an all natural grow too!!

Can't wait!

oh yeah...I think you will definitely hit your mark with the 2lbs... I ran 6 plants (3 strains) in a 2.5x5 scrog and ended up with a little over 1.25lbs running only a 400wMH and a 600w HPS....

Cant wait to see how it goes, love the super soil method. If you used tap water, do u think compost tea would be sufficient? This is the method to use, you patients deserve the best Doc and your providing it. Awesome.

The OG branches when i first started growing with the SCRoG were normal sized, but before long the buds got so thick and heavy from top to bottom I have to support them with string or else they fall over. SCRoG is the key to increasing yields so much. :morenutes:

Your grow looks very similar to mine. I started a soil grow flowering on October 15th with 6 Tahoe OG, 1 Reserva Privada #18 and 1 clone I got from a dispensary. I think the clone was Dead Head or Larry, not too sure. My setup is very similar with 2 black 4x4 flood trays, with PVC piping to support my SCRoG. I even used the same trellis made of netting. I do not think I will be growing Tahoe again. As far as OG goes, it is not the best strain out there IMHO. To add insult to injury it has been very cold here and I harvested my outdoor plants and brought a powdery mildew infection indoors which means I will have to eventually kill and sanitize every plant I have and start from scratch. Powdery mildew is a death sentence. It sucks so bad, cause it always effects your best strains, and it likes to attack OG in particular.

The cut I'm growing came from Tahoe.....it's pure fire. Overwhelming stench, super potent, comfortable buzz.....narcotic if you let it go another 10 days. It's a superb cut of OG. And yes, it can't stand up on it's own.

PM sucks....next time brew up a bunch of compost tea and wash em down frequently.

Wow, I'm in for this one...missed out on Doc's last grow but can't wait to see this!! I've completed a OG scrog before and currently have 3 different OG's in a scrog, there definitly flimsy plants and I found a screen above with fishing line works well for "hanging" the heaviest cola's up..

Love that your doing an all natural grow too!!

Can't wait!

oh yeah...I think you will definitely hit your mark with the 2lbs... I ran 6 plants (3 strains) in a 2.5x5 scrog and ended up with a little over 1.25lbs running only a 400wMH and a 600w HPS....

Thanks for checking out the grow!

Cant wait to see how it goes, love the super soil method. If you used tap water, do u think compost tea would be sufficient? This is the method to use, you patients deserve the best Doc and your providing it. Awesome.

I think the tap water would stress the microherd a bit, but the frequency of tea feedings would keep it pretty healthy.

Thanks for stopping by!

That super soil looks great! Can't wait for more pictures.
:Namaste:

I'll probably post pics once a week or so....I might put up a few from the other half of the room.

Your grow looks very similar to mine. I started a soil grow flowering on October 15th with 6 Tahoe OG, 1 Reserva Privada #18 and 1 clone I got from a dispensary. I think the clone was Dead Head or Larry, not too sure. My setup is very similar with 2 black 4x4 flood trays, with PVC piping to support my SCRoG. I even used the same trellis made of netting. I do not think I will be growing Tahoe again. As far as OG goes, it is not the best strain out there IMHO. To add insult to injury it has been very cold here and I harvested my outdoor plants and brought a powdery mildew infection indoors which means I will have to eventually kill and sanitize every plant I have and start from scratch. Powdery mildew is a death sentence. It sucks so bad, cause it always effects your best strains, and it likes to attack OG in particular.

seems like you have a decent amount of experience growing OG.. what would you say the differences are between the local cuts and the reserva privada #18? I just harvested my first OG#18 and its some powerful stuff, with a smell I've never smelt before. It's my first time smoking OG also, it doesn't come out this way too often. I was looking for a good all round representation of what OG is like, so I'm really hoping the #18 is just that.

seems like you have a decent amount of experience growing OG.. what would you say the differences are between the local cuts and the reserva privada #18? I just harvested my first OG#18 and its some powerful stuff, with a smell I've never smelt before. It's my first time smoking OG also, it doesn't come out this way too often. I was looking for a good all round representation of what OG is like, so I'm really hoping the #18 is just that.

what did they cross with to make #18?

OG is a cross between (Lemon Thai x Old World Paki) x Chemdog.

I just finished growing Lemon Paki....which is Lemon Thai x Landrace Paki....the female version of the OG Kush male plant.

It smells very similar to OG....not identical, but similar.

I'd like to know what they crossed the OG with.

what did they cross with to make #18?

OG is a cross between (Lemon Thai x Old World Paki) x Chemdog.

I just finished growing Lemon Paki....which is Lemon Thai x Landrace Paki....the female version of the OG Kush male plant.

It smells very similar to OG....not identical, but similar.

I'd like to know what they crossed the OG with.

this is the description from attitude, it was the #18th pheno in their 40 plant run, selected for its higher yield and more sour flavor.

Reserva Privada OG Kush #18 is a true connoisseur quality. Selected feminized OG Kush from cannabis seed that was so outstanding we had to re-feminize her. Out of 40 Plants we had one exception plant "PLANT #18". She is more Sour tasting than OG – and has better yields than the OG. She took the yield and fuely taste of the Chem Dawg with the OG Chem power. Flowering indoors takes about 9 weeks. Her cannabis seeds produce a good yield of about 500-600g/m2.

Seems they're pretty accurate with their 9 week flower estimate. I cut part of mine around 7.5 weeks and it was slightly immature, I think 9 would be perfect for her.

The smell and taste is indeed very sour like

You're mixing nutes but you're all organic? Please explain.

Organic grows tend toward acidic.....not always, but they tend that way. All that needs to be done is a bit of dolomite in the soil. Most soils already have that added in.

Other than that, just feed the soil. Stop thinking about what the plant needs and think about what the soil needs:

microbes, fungus, etc. Use teas.

Food for the critters in the soil: organic matter and micro's.....don't forget the micro's! Those critters love micro's.

Carbohydrates: like molasses.

my nutes are fully organic, I use the full blue planet nutrients organic line

this is the description from attitude, it was the #18th pheno in their 40 plant run, selected for its higher yield and more sour flavor.

Reserva Privada OG Kush #18 is a true connoisseur quality. Selected feminized OG Kush from cannabis seed that was so outstanding we had to re-feminize her. Out of 40 Plants we had one exception plant "PLANT #18". She is more Sour tasting than OG — and has better yields than the OG. She took the yield and fuely taste of the Chem Dawg with the OG Chem power. Flowering indoors takes about 9 weeks. Her cannabis seeds produce a good yield of about 500-600g/m2.

Seems they're pretty accurate with their 9 week flower estimate. I cut part of mine around 7.5 weeks and it was slightly immature, I think 9 would be perfect for her.

The smell and taste is indeed very sour like

It sounds, from the description, that #18 isn't really OG Kush. That's no problem, more strains aren't OG Kush than are.....if you think about it.....but's it's not really OG.

It's like OG....but yields more and is more sour......sounds really good!

OG Kush is one of those truly excellent strains....kind of like Cabernet in the wine world. It's just a classic and always will be.

Hi Doc, I'm honored to have arrived early for one of your masterpieces:adore: Looking forward to the all organic deal as you thru reading your previous journals hold high priority to the taste of your medicine. So this will as always be a solid learning experience to my future grows. :thanks: I'm in for the long haul!

Hey Doc! You know I will be looking in on anything your doing!
:adore:

Gonna be starting my grow very soon! I'm officially legal as of today! :)

I hope you get over two pounds! With you growing it, no doubt it will be as potent as possible! It's inspiring to see the lengths you go to for a better product. :goodjob:

Sometimes when reading your posts I just think...
:lot-o-toke: This guy knows everything about marijuana!

It sounds, from the description, that #18 isn't really OG Kush. That's no problem, more strains aren't OG Kush than are.....if you think about it.....but's it's not really OG.

It's like OG....but yields more and is more sour......sounds really good!

OG Kush is one of those truly excellent strains....kind of like Cabernet in the wine world. It's just a classic and always will be.

it may not be full OG, but there is definitely some of it in there, I'm unsure what they did to produce seeds because from what I know, true OG's are clone only now.. Living on the east coast makes it hard to get a hold of a cali clone, but since the #18 is an amazing plant, I'm keeping it in the garden

Hey Doc! You know I will be looking in on anything your doing!
:adore:

Gonna be starting my grow very soon! I'm officially legal as of today! :)

I hope you get over two pounds! With you growing it, no doubt it will be as potent as possible! It's inspiring to see the lengths you go to for a better product. :goodjob:

Sometimes when reading your posts I just think...
:lot-o-toke: This guy knows everything about marijuana!

That's funny bro.....I know next to nothing about cultivating marijuana! There is so much we don't know.....

Once prohibition is lifted, we'll begin to learn what this plant can do!

it may not be full OG, but there is definitely some of it in there, I'm unsure what they did to produce seeds because from what I know, true OG's are clone only now.. Living on the east coast makes it hard to get a hold of a cali clone, but since the #18 is an amazing plant, I'm keeping it in the garden

I'm not saying anything negative about #18....it sounds amazing! All I'm saying is that it's not actually OG.....probably very close, possibly even better, but not the real deal.

The way they do these crosses is by pollinating a female, choosing a male from that cross that looks phenotypically like the original strain, and then back crossing that to the original plant, taking another male from that cross and back crossing to the original strain until it seems stable.

The choice of male is really important, obviously.

This is one of the reasons I choose to grow a large percentage of my plants from seed....and I try to choose regular, not feminized seed. These clone-only strains are degrading and can easily be lost forever, and it's not easy to turn them into seeds.

Hopefully, next year brings the Tissue Culture phase of my endeavor online.

Doc: with much experience growing the RP 18 now I can tell you this, it most definitely has some Classic OG traits but you are 100% correct it is not the same.

I have some flowering right now, has a overwhelming Chem./Diesel Fuel smell.
The taste from what I can remember from my last 18 harvest (Check in Sig), it has a distinct, yet hard to place taste.. More of a burning zest, diesel with only a small hint of lemon on exhale.. (This was after 65 days jar cure)

Overall I enjoy the RP 18, yet it lacks the overwhelming lemon pledge, kerosene taste upon exhale that I love in the classic OG's and SFV's.
(Some favorites include Tripple OG, Triangle Kush and Larry OG (clone-only))

If I may, what cut of OG are you currently running?

Doc: with much experience growing the RP 18 now I can tell you this, it most definitely has some Classic OG traits but you are 100% correct it is not the same.

I have some flowering right now, has a overwhelming Chem./Diesel Fuel smell.
The taste from what I can remember from my last 18 harvest (Check in Sig), it has a distinct, yet hard to place taste.. More of a burning zest, diesel with only a small hint of lemon on exhale.. (This was after 65 days jar cure)

Overall I enjoy the RP 18, yet it lacks the overwhelming lemon pledge, kerosene taste upon exhale that I love in the classic OG's and SFV's.
(Some favorites include Tripple OG, Triangle Kush and Larry OG (clone-only))

If I may, what cut of OG are you currently running?

Mine is SFV, but it was sourced from Lake Tahoe. It's not the Tahoe OG. It's got the signature smell....unmistakeable. It stinks like none other, even inveg.

Girls got their first haircut....removed everything but the top four nodes on each branch. Added a second trellis net.....and will add a third in a couple weeks after their final haircut.

Did a watering with RO, pyrogrow, molasses and snowstorm.

IMG_21114.JPG

IMG_21133.JPG

IMG_21144.JPG

IMG_20955.JPG

IMG_20964.JPG

IMG_20974.JPG

IMG_21094.JPG

Random "other half" garden shots.
IMG_20986.JPG

IMG_20995.JPG

IMG_21053.JPG

IMG_21064.JPG

IMG_21083.JPG

IMG_21103.JPG

Chocolate Thai. Not even halfway done and frosting on the fan leaves. Look out!
IMG_21005.JPG

IMG_21015.JPG

IMG_21025.JPG

IMG_21034.JPG

IMG_21044.JPG

IMG_21074.JPG

Back
Top Bottom