Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

K Doc, thanks ! And how do I accomplish in the sun ? Maybe wrap the pot with burlap ? I won't be there to move them to shade. I've got a veg garden, with more tomatoes than we can use , but I want to experience hi-brix taste, especially with jalapeno peppers. and i will be using 10 gal fabric bags. Thanks Doc !!

Sup Brix gang,

Hi, how’s it going? You all having a good spring so far? Mine is going good and I have been wicked busy. Hopefully that changes soon cuz I feel like I’m missing some time in the garden and high brix forum!

New updates about my first high brix

First run soil mix cooking went well I think and it ended up cooking longer than planned. The plan was to have some seeds planted sometime end of April and I was able to do it today. I followed the guide to a T and took some pictures for the journal :) Hope yall like what you see. I am excited/looking forward to smoking high brix bud for the first time !

Some of you may be wondering what I will be growing for strains. I have a few from dynasty seeds and kind of had a hard time deciding which to go with. I have the following (starduster, bluniverse, super silver blue magoo, birds of paradise, and blue coffin) , today I decided on using Birds of paradise and Starduster. I never had those strains or dynasty seeds before, any feedbacks would be appreciated. For this run I decided to use three seeds of both strains. I kind of want to try another batch for outdoor too but haven’t decided for sure yet. Has anyone done high brix outdoors? If so, how did that work out? I think I might be late into the year for planting outdoors, I figured I could start a few under 24hrs light for now until it’s big enough for transplant outdoor. Tbh I’m curious about high brix outdoor vs indoor and have been wondering if anyone has done that kind of comparison with same genetics?

PS: My first journal will be coming soon. Also yall have a great Monday!
Major PITA grew outdoors and seemed to do very well. Amy Gardener also just finished a hi brix grow outside in australia. Doc recommends a 25 gallon pot minimum for outdoor plants and may have even upped that to 30 gallon minimum. You should be fine to get plants outside by the first of June. I have grown a few Dynasty strains but not the ones you chose. @Graytail is growing out a Bluniverse and has been running it for a few rounds now. I have a pack of Star Duster but have not busted into it yet. My main caution with it is to watch for hermies. Sour Diesel is known to herm fairly easily and so are her crosses. If you can grow her well she should be fine! If you are going to grow outside you may be better off sourcing clones so that you have known females and they should have a bit of a head start. Putting them outside in the beginning of June you should avoid issues with having them start to flower and then reveg!

Hey Puffy! Why not use the Duggan method which is 15ml of drench per gallon of water? I like and some others like doing the cat drenches a little lighter so say 12ml instead of 15.

So 1/2 would be about 60ml and if you are using 4 gallons of water then you're good.

How many plants do you have and what size pots are they in?
High weenmeoff, 5 gal bucket full to the top, for mixing cat drench. so at 12 ml per gal , that would be exactly 1/2 the bottle ? I'm in 10 gl fabric bags. I've been giving 1 gl in the tray, and 1 qt up top. At times 1/2 gl in the top. I'm on page 1075 of this thread, and when I get caught up here, I'll visit your grow, and others. Thanks !!

High weenmeoff, 5 gal bucket full to the top, for mixing cat drench. so at 12 ml per gal , that would be exactly 1/2 the bottle ? I'm in 10 gl fabric bags. I've been giving 1 gl in the tray, and 1 qt up top. At times 1/2 gl in the top. I'm on page 1075 of this thread, and when I get caught up here, I'll visit your grow, and others. Thanks !!

I take it you have 4 plants then so yes you were right on with 1/2 the bottle. It's good to include more details than less when seeking advice. If you think about it, the kit is good for 1 run so 1/2 the bottle of cat per and you used the whole thing. Buy in bulk next time, 32 oz bottles or even gallons, ha!

Do we get to see some pics?

:passitleft:

I take it you have 4 plants then so yes you were right on with 1/2 the bottle. It's good to include more details than less when seeking advice. If you think about it, the kit is good for 1 run so 1/2 the bottle of cat per and you used the whole thing. Buy in bulk next time, 32 oz bottles or even gallons, ha!

Do we get to see some pics?

:passitleft:
weenmeoff, you are so right about the details, i'm terrible at that, and apologize !!
I will take some tonight at lights on. They weren't vegged in Docs soil, but super soil and transplanted into kit soil, when my original clone deal, fell thru. these 4 was being vegged for going outside. So a patched grow for sure. I had planned to start a journal, but I didn't, because this wasn't a true hi-brix grow. So anyhow, they were about three feet high clones, that i was just sorta keeping in limbo, ti'' about now. I buried them deep into the 10 gl bags, because of height and now after(after stretch) tieing them to the cages, they're a foot from the lights. But i can report that the roots are taking nicely, and plants are the healthiest I've seen. Docs products were not used till transplant drench, at time I went into kit soil. they've only had about 4-5 brix foliars. ok, gotta go boil a gl of water to warm up that cat drench. A day 38 cat drench !! Thanks Ween !

K Doc, thanks ! And how do I accomplish in the sun ? Maybe wrap the pot with burlap ? I won't be there to move them to shade. I've got a veg garden, with more tomatoes than we can use , but I want to experience hi-brix taste, especially with jalapeno peppers. and i will be using 10 gal fabric bags. Thanks Doc !!
I’ve seen people bury their pots in the ground up to the brim so that the earth keeps the pot cool

Hey Puffy! Why not use the Duggan method which is 15ml of drench per gallon of water? I like and some others like doing the cat drenches a little lighter so say 12ml instead of 15.

So 1/2 would be about 60ml and if you are using 4 gallons of water then you're good.

How many plants do you have and what size pots are they in?
So Ween, i wound up using 60ml & 4 ml tea, in 6 gal water, so maybe a little weak, but I got another one in a few days. one gl. in tray 1/2 gl. up top. they sucked up that gl at the btm. in like 10 seconds, tray empty.
This is the last grow, before shutting down for the summer. Last of June. Running AC 24/7 is no joke !! Ha !! Now I'm on frost alert, might not be true hi-brix, but it is what it is . I'll start another batch cooking, around august 1st., and It'll be cooling down by last of August. Some times we get frost in late August.
I will harvest another super soil grow next week, for wife & I to toke on this summer. while chilaxin !!

I was just reading articles on LIVING SOIL and found this
QUOTE that I really like

The key is to be lazy and let the soil microbiology do your work.

Oof, that struck home! I've been soooo lazy about my garden lately. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gotta love it when science and nature overlap. :bongrip:

I'm DYING to start growing veggies. But property ownership is still years away.

Cannabis cultivation has taught me so much about growing and plant biology that i feel like with docs gear, and some great sun, outdoor veggies would be a blast.

They definitely are--this is a High Brix Manzano pepper plant growing in a San Francisco raised bed. 3 years high brix....it did 70lbs of peppers last year :)

Brix, Transplant, and Growth Ionic have been KEY. The first two years, Leaf Wash was used quite a bit too, but last year they didn't get nearly as many bugs! :theband: Cat Drenches are seldom (once or twice when buds/flowers are forming) and seem to massively increase fruiting/blossoms.

They definitely are--this is a High Brix Manzano pepper plant growing in a San Francisco raised bed. 3 years high brix....it did 70lbs of peppers last year :)

Brix, Transplant, and Growth Ionic have been KEY. The first two years, Leaf Wash was used quite a bit too, but last year they didn't get nearly as many bugs! :theband: Cat Drenches are seldom (once or twice when buds/flowers are forming) and seem to massively increase fruiting/blossoms.

OH MY GOD THAT THING IS HUGE.....

I don’t even eat many veggies, I think that would change fast if I was growing my own super tasty veggies.

Beautiful plant.

Do they taste different in hibrix ??

Does anybody know if it is known how much uptake is possible through the stems/trunks? Just entertaining various ideas and in some article it mentioned in passing that all parts of the plant can uptake, but doesn't really get into the nitty gritty of it. It would be really nice if an intended foliar spray could be at ;east partially basted onto the branches as that could likely be done in the day time and also mitigate possibly spraying the light fixtures.

More than anything, I'm asking for study leads on the topic.

Does anybody know if it is known how much uptake is possible through the stems/trunks? Just entertaining various ideas and in some article it mentioned in passing that all parts of the plant can uptake, but doesn't really get into the nitty gritty of it. It would be really nice if an intended foliar spray could be at ;east partially basted onto the branches as that could likely be done in the day time and also mitigate possibly spraying the light fixtures.

More than anything, I'm asking for study leads on the topic.

Stems and trunks can and do absorb foliar sprays. But the leaves REALLY absorb.....60% better than the roots! Most study of the matter has been focused on leaved, for obvious reasons....that's the part of the plant that has stomata.

The problem with using foliar sprays in hydro---as feed, not as anti-fungal/pesticide, is that the roots don't really ask the plant for anything....they just passively uptake salts. Change the rez....change the plant.

The mechanism is different in soil. For that reason, foliar sprays will not be as effective in Hydro....at least the ones like mine designed to penetrate the leaf.

I know a hydro wizard and he spent all his time on environment and res temps.

Back
Top Bottom