Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hmnnnn...guess I've been feeding on the lite side...I will be giving the girlz their first cat soon...maybe next feeding...currently I have been mixing 2 tablespoons/30 mils per 5 gallon pail of water for drenches...I suppose I should bump up to 3 tbls./45 mils per 5 gallon pail of water ...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
That's about where I am. Be careful of going much heavier than that on Growth or Cat if you're running pure sativas.

The Trans you can go heavier on without any side effects that I've seen.

Got inspired by @Mag7 and grabbed some 12 seed clover crop from build a soil and scratched it into all my pots!
DC3A2F01-6AE4-4C8B-8BE2-7C41D2BB1460.jpeg

If nothing else I just like the way it looks with little plants all around the base
Yes, If I liked the way it looked, I'd probably plant some also, but for right now, I'll pass, till someone tells me that there's actually benefits. I waste me time growing leaf lettuce, that I actually eat. I think I'll try sewing it in the pots with my weed.

Yes, If I liked the way it looked, I'd probably plant some also, but for right now, I'll pass, till someone tells me that there's actually benefits. I waste me time growing leaf lettuce, that I actually eat. I think I'll try sewing it in the pots with my weed.

Just did a fast read-up on the Build a soil Clover cover crop
and noticed the part in RED below

DONT Know about any study's but sounds good

"
12 Species Of Cover Crop Seeds - Non GMO - All Natural

FREE SHIPPING! (excluding the 50 lb bag)

NOTICE: As of 1/18/2016 we removed the Rape Seed and added more clover and N Fixers. This is now and even more ideal blend for containers and specialty fixers.

This Recipe has been tweaked over the years and is finally where we like it. Perfect for Raised beds or Container plants.

Almost 60% Clover Seed from 4 types of clover.

Designed To Encourage Mycorrhizal Fungi Populations

Small seeds work excellent in containers.

I always ponder the idea of psilocybin mushrooms in my pots with my plants. Haven’t pulled the trigger on that experiment yet but will definitely try it eventually

"

NOTICE: As of 1/18/2016 we removed the Rape Seed and added more clover and N Fixers. This is now and even more ideal blend for containers and specialty fixers.

This Recipe has been tweaked over the years and is finally where we like it. Perfect for Raised beds or Container plants.

This is awesome, great to know!

i want to grow me some shrooms !! Teach me ??
I haven’t quite gotten it down yet, I’m having a steep learning curve but once I do I’ll share all the knowledge I have on the subject!

Funny, I just read about clover instead of grass for lawns and I'm seriously considering it. Microclover does not flower like regular. Bolded #8 since I have 2 dogs.

1. It is drought-resistant
Because of clover's deep roots, it needs much less water than does grass. As the Farmer's Almanac notes, "Clover is an extremely drought-resistant plant and will keep its cool-green color even during the hottest and driest parts of summer."
2. It is inexpensive
Clover seed is cheap; the average cost is about $4.00 per 4000 square feet. You will also spend a lot less on water, products, and maintenance. And for those who have been fighting clover all along: Stop fighting, let it grow, and it's yours for free.
3. It requires no fertilization
Clover is a legume, and as such, takes nitrogen from the air and sinks it into the ground as a useful fertilizer. If you are adding clover to a lawn, it will work to fertilize the existing lawn; on its own, it requites no additional fertilizer.
4. It blooms!
Who would want a monochromatic carpet of grass when you could have one sprinkled with a starscape of flowers?
5. It attracts pollinating insects
Those blooms bring bees, and heaven knows the bees need our help. Honeybees love clover (does "clover blossom honey" ring a bell?); planting clover is a nice assist.
6. But It can be bee-free too
That said, if you are worried about bee stings, there are options. Even though honeybees rarely sting when unprovoked and away from the hive, you can opt for a micro clover or simply mow the clover when it's in bloom.
7. It grows in poor soil
Poor soil is no problem for clover, much due to the fact that it supplies its own nutrients with that nifty nitrogen trick.
8. It resists pet urine
While grass lawns are susceptible to brown spots from pet urine, clover is not effected by it.

9. It resists blight and mildew
Mildew, fungus, blights ... these things hurt grass lawns. making them unsightly and in need of treatment. Clover is not subject to these troubles.
10. It doesn't need herbicides
Since clover out-competes broadleaf weeds, you won't need to douse the soil with toxic weed-killing things, hurray!
11. It doesn't need pesticides
Clover also stands up well to insect pests, so no need to to douse the soil with toxic insect-killing things as well, hurray!
12. It rarely has to be mowed
Depending on what kind of clover you plant and what look you like, clover can be mowed very infrequently – by some accounts, as little as twice a season. I mean, maybe you like spending your weekends pushing a loud, exhaust-sputtering machine around, but if not, clover has your back. (And your feet too, see photo below.)

Funny, I just read about clover instead of grass for lawns and I'm seriously considering it. Microclover does not flower like regular. Bolded #8 since I have 2 dogs.

1. It is drought-resistant
Because of clover's deep roots, it needs much less water than does grass. As the Farmer's Almanac notes, "Clover is an extremely drought-resistant plant and will keep its cool-green color even during the hottest and driest parts of summer."
2. It is inexpensive
Clover seed is cheap; the average cost is about $4.00 per 4000 square feet. You will also spend a lot less on water, products, and maintenance. And for those who have been fighting clover all along: Stop fighting, let it grow, and it's yours for free.
3. It requires no fertilization
Clover is a legume, and as such, takes nitrogen from the air and sinks it into the ground as a useful fertilizer. If you are adding clover to a lawn, it will work to fertilize the existing lawn; on its own, it requites no additional fertilizer.
4. It blooms!
Who would want a monochromatic carpet of grass when you could have one sprinkled with a starscape of flowers?
5. It attracts pollinating insects
Those blooms bring bees, and heaven knows the bees need our help. Honeybees love clover (does "clover blossom honey" ring a bell?); planting clover is a nice assist.
6. But It can be bee-free too
That said, if you are worried about bee stings, there are options. Even though honeybees rarely sting when unprovoked and away from the hive, you can opt for a micro clover or simply mow the clover when it's in bloom.
7. It grows in poor soil
Poor soil is no problem for clover, much due to the fact that it supplies its own nutrients with that nifty nitrogen trick.
8. It resists pet urine
While grass lawns are susceptible to brown spots from pet urine, clover is not effected by it.

9. It resists blight and mildew
Mildew, fungus, blights ... these things hurt grass lawns. making them unsightly and in need of treatment. Clover is not subject to these troubles.
10. It doesn't need herbicides
Since clover out-competes broadleaf weeds, you won't need to douse the soil with toxic weed-killing things, hurray!
11. It doesn't need pesticides
Clover also stands up well to insect pests, so no need to to douse the soil with toxic insect-killing things as well, hurray!
12. It rarely has to be mowed
Depending on what kind of clover you plant and what look you like, clover can be mowed very infrequently – by some accounts, as little as twice a season. I mean, maybe you like spending your weekends pushing a loud, exhaust-sputtering machine around, but if not, clover has your back. (And your feet too, see photo below.)

Down here in the tropics we use perennial peanut as a ground cover and I grow longevity spinach and Okinawan Spinach as ground cover in some of the beds.

I'm a big fan of NO lawns! They only require maintenance, use up water, and motivate homeowners to dump toxic fertilizers and weed killers in the soil. They're a remnant of the Victorian era. I have edibles planted everywhere I can. There's still a small lawn, but I've been slowly getting rid of it!

Virtually all legumes are nitrogen fixers, so you can grow some beans with your beans! :rofl:

Down here in the tropics we use perennial peanut as a ground cover and I grow longevity spinach and Okinawan Spinach as ground cover in some of the beds.

I'm a big fan of NO lawns! They only require maintenance, use up water, and motivate homeowners to dump toxic fertilizers and weed killers in the soil. They're a remnant of the Victorian era. I have edibles planted everywhere I can. There's still a small lawn, but I've been slowly getting rid of it!

Virtually all legumes are nitrogen fixers, so you can grow some beans with your beans! :rofl:

Sending you a pm. I want more edibles too! I only have blueberries and a few pear trees now.

:passitleft:

"

Soooo.....we don't really want fungus....we want VAM. And we're not at all lacking in myco in High Brix soil. There's no need to "encourage" anything in that department. We're loaded to the gills with beneficials.

Soooo.....we don't really want fungus....we want VAM. And we're not at all lacking in myco in High Brix soil. There's no need to "encourage" anything in that department. We're loaded to the gills with beneficials.

Thanks I Only did a fast Read-up so appreciate the clarification :thumb:

I was also wondering if competing plants Hooking up with the soil could alter the balance ?

Thanks I Only did a fast Read-up so appreciate the clarification :thumb:

I was also wondering if competing plants Hooking up with the soil could alter the balance ?

It most definitely DOES change things. I have no idea exactly what the changes might be, or what they mean, or how to adapt....but adding a cover crop will change things.

I like the idea of cover crops in the off season, as part of a soil remediation program based on lab tests.

I do not subscribe to the idea that adding more plants to a small container is beneficial. To a 30 acre field? Sure! Plus, you're gonna get a cover crop of weeds at least. But a 10 gallon container? It doesn't make much sense to me.

There's a lot of organic gardening folklore that doesn't exactly carry over to High Brix gardening.

Back
Top Bottom