Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It was a good deal
:rofl: :passitleft:
B95814F2-98A3-446B-8FDB-374552E3746F.jpeg

I use them with fish hydrol which might be a different consistency than the TP, but yeah. Only draw back is the plungers wear out fairly quickly, I suspect from the phosphoric acid in the fish. Other than a syringe, IDK what else can be used for small doses in the range of 5ml, maybe a pipette might work though which itself works like a turkey baster.
I use a measuring shot glass.

1575429347465.jpeg

I much prefer Promix......Sunshine will work, but it's not best.

Ok well i got some promix but it has all this chunky wood parts is it like this with the promix hp i believe is the one u said to get?

Questions for Auto growers:

Is it preferred to start seeds in final pots? I read that was the case because once roots hit the pot the plant starts flowering. Delay flowering and get a bigger plant/yield....?

If just growing autos, what is preferred light cycle? Thinking something like 14/10...?

If you have plants in different light cycles, I.e. autos mixed in with photos, do the autos need to stay on same light cycle throughout the grow?

Can you successfully grow autos in a window with little to no supplemental light?

Got a boat load of snow. Lucked into a new plow guy today. 20 bones a plow, well worth it!

Well im currently doing a run of autos with the kit in 3rd round soil. An normally i put them in there final pots so not to stunt them. Some say u can uppot them like photos but every single time ive done it they stunt on me :laugh:. But if im doing photos as well then i put them in with my veg plants so they get the most light possible. I like to do 18/6 although im trying this time to go 20/4 or 19/5 one of those an see if i dnt get better results. An as for if they need the same light schedule throughout its life ive had them start in the veg an finish in the flower tents b4 but got better resupts wen i kept them in the veg area. But i think its only cause they got more time with lights on. There was 2 times tht i had an auto hermie on me and made a ton of beans in the buds but i was switching out different lights so they were getting mixed spectrums an i think it jus stressed them out abit to much maybe idk :hmmmm::eek:. But yea man gud luck with the autos. What strains u trying out or thinking about trying

Speaking of autos i have a gelato auto from fast buds germing rite now. An wen i went to look an see if she was ready this is what i found. Any1 see this b4 alil white plant growing off the tap root?

TP doesn’t bother me so much. LeafWash is a different story. I have to mix it at 75% strength or it makes me nauseous! :oops:

Hey thats so weird i have the same issue. I always jus put my grandmothers calendar pin over my nose wen i do the leaf wash :rofl:. But yea maybe if i dilute it some that wud help thamx for this bit of info. I just thought i was weird and since my stomach is so sensitive already jus thought it was from tht:laugh:. But yea thanx im guna try this.

I'd be happy to! A spog® (Single Point Of Green) is an auto that decides to go into flower before it's had a chance to develop side branching (or amount to much of anything).

I wrote a little poem in honor of the very first spog®:

Not a sog nor a scrog,
What I have is a spog.
A spog is not two, never three, never four.
A spog is just one and can't be any more.
Just one point of green like a lonely old frog.
Just one single cola, my frosty-triched spog.

- by InTheShed

Here is the original spog®, an AK-47 auto:
full

Lmao a spog im guna remember that one haha. I think i mite end up with a spog with my new gelato auto. Since she started growing alil white plant off the tap root im think she guna stunt on me :laugh::eek:. Im guna laugh if she really does grow an ends up a spog now lol. And that was a good poem dude congrats.

Ok well i got some promix but it has all this chunky wood parts is it like this with the promix hp i believe is the one u said to get?

Well im currently doing a run of autos with the kit in 3rd round soil. An normally i put them in there final pots so not to stunt them. Some say u can uppot them like photos but every single time ive done it they stunt on me :laugh:. But if im doing photos as well then i put them in with my veg plants so they get the most light possible. I like to do 18/6 although im trying this time to go 20/4 or 19/5 one of those an see if i dnt get better results. An as for if they need the same light schedule throughout its life ive had them start in the veg an finish in the flower tents b4 but got better resupts wen i kept them in the veg area. But i think its only cause they got more time with lights on. There was 2 times tht i had an auto hermie on me and made a ton of beans in the buds but i was switching out different lights so they were getting mixed spectrums an i think it jus stressed them out abit to much maybe idk :hmmmm::eek:. But yea man gud luck with the autos. What strains u trying out or thinking about trying

Speaking of autos i have a gelato auto from fast buds germing rite now. An wen i went to look an see if she was ready this is what i found. Any1 see this b4 alil white plant growing off the tap root?
That's not the pro mix that you want. I'm not certain if there's a method to use that type. You want the HP version.

Update on my side by side... by this point the brix mix is winning...
Always seem to go a little astray by 3rdweek with the advances nutes line up. Frusterating to try and balance..
Hi brix is good though..

Am having a bit of a thrip problem.. came outta nowhere... somewhat under control.. so i got some safers brand end all..
Hit them first time round day 7 top to bottom amd bottom to top.
Couple days later. Took em right out of the tent and blasted them with 1/4 strength destress spray to try and physically knock em off.

Couple days later hit em again with safers...

And once again, 3rd time with safers over 10 - 12 days..

Dont want to spray anymore pesticides as im reaching day 26 and flowers are coming in

So nothing in veg tent..
Gotta finish this run and clean the hell out of everything...

Velvet bud Advanced front left
Velver bud hi brix front right
Super lemon haze hi brix back rightish
20191203_193205.jpg

Anyway.. my biggest concern is ridding my space of theese thrips...

I REALLY dont want to stop my veg tent production.. but am sure it will be impossible to get rid of them fully unless i start from scratch...

Whats the best thing i can do after this runs done.. to rid the space of pests..

I really dont want to have this big pause in growing but dealing with bugs is way more annoying

Always seem to go a little astray by 3rdweek with the advances nutes line up. Frusterating to try and balance..
Hi brix is good though..

Am having a bit of a thrip problem.. came outta nowhere... somewhat under control.. so i got some safers brand end all..
Couple days later. Took em right out of the tent and blasted them with 1/4 strength destress spray to try and physically knock em off.

Dont want to spray anymore pesticides as im reaching day 26 and flowers are coming in

So nothing in veg tent..

20191203_193205.jpg

I REALLY dont want to stop my veg tent production.. but am sure it will be impossible to get rid of them fully unless i start from scratch...

Whats the best thing i can do after this runs done.. to rid the space of pests..

I really dont want to have this big pause in growing but dealing with bugs is way more annoying

I'm nearly positive that the thripes won't hurt the HB plants. I nursed a small population of thripes in my warehouse for several years. You would never know they were struggling to survive unless you looked carefully for them. The plant's had enough natural defense to shrug them off. Concentrate on fighting them via plant health....not pesticides.

Now....mites are a different story! I know you don't have them but in case someone reads this and takes the thripe advice and applies it to mites:

Attack the mites AND feed the plants to deal with mites.
Leave the thripes alone and concentrate on the plants to deal with thripes.

As for mites...several years ago I got the worst case of mites I've ever seen from some clones I picked up at a Cannabis Cup. Nothing could kill them. The clones were dipped in Forbid prior to going in the garden. ( i never use a product like that either in veg or bloom....only on foreign clones)

We finally did kill those mites:

1. Weaponize all foliars, all the time
2. Spray Leaf Wash liberally and vigorously on all veg plants every 5 days
3. Leaf Wash all plants in bloom upon transplanting, and then every 5 days until triches form.

It took about 4 months if I recall....maybe 5. During that time the plants in bloom never looked like they had mite damage, but they certainly would have if I had not taken action as describes.

But for thripes....just concentrate on keeping them healthy. The thripes will all attack the AN plant, since it has low brix and no natural defenses.

Hi brix is good though..

So nothing in veg tent..

20191203_193205.jpg

Oh....one more thing....give those HB plants a strong drench next time (unless its CAT, do that one normal) They look like they could run faster to me.

That's not the pro mix that you want. I'm not certain if there's a method to use that type. You want the HP version.

Yea i know thats y i was askn cause this kind seamd pretty crappy so i was womdering if the hp version woulda been the same lol. But yea i definitely will NOT be using this kind of PM to do future kits with.

Do i also use the third round ammendment bag to recook used 3rd round soil to get it ready for the fourth round?

Morning Gang! Hope all is well with everyone
I’m getting ready for the first round of cats, Doc I believe I’ve prepped well leading in my feedings went as follow GE W/ Tea, a Half strength TP W/Tea, a strong TP W/tea. Now the cats, I do want to note this may not be conventional however my ladies are drinking every 2 days so they are heavy feeders. My question is should I let the soil dry a bit more before cats
Here’s a head shot of the 4 and a group they are all healthy and loving everything I’m giving them so far. Also I did hit them with snake oil but I didn’t time it a week before cats( I did add that to my notes for next run, Thank you Doc) they did get a strong brix a week ago
302FEA77-010B-4DFD-A07A-CC75F2B6B7A2.jpeg
C452C956-AEF4-4555-B7B6-2E7444D12B50.jpeg
41C67B8C-B3EF-4318-B42F-00B61FA9BE4D.jpeg
F56BA80D-96A8-47E7-9219-B02E4CC4F486.jpeg
126EE1B2-8A06-4C73-952A-6ECD5CD9C364.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom