Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Yes, i give a bit of Tea with every drink and more with a Drench. I have been for 7 yrs. I also give 1/4 Transplant drinks too, just like ya'l do!!
Blazin, NO the Tea did not cause your issues with your grow. Too much organic matter is a problem some growers get themselves into with later (2nd and 3rd run) when they add too many EWC's , and or leaves and roots to their cooking soil.
Doc says to add between 20 and 40 pounds of EWC's when u cook our soil BUT...this is a big BUT here!! If u add 40 pounds all 3 times or even 30 pounds all 3 times , u Will have issues .
With this 5th run (modified) im growing in now, i added some fresh PM to the mix , plus only very little EWC's.
Hope this answers a few questions....any more?

Awesome brother thanx an yea it was second round that i was seeing the issues an doc said it looked like to much organic matter. But thanx man im just about to start cooking a batch of soil getting it ready to become 3rd round soil. An ive been making sure to get out as many of the big wood chunks and main root mass so it doesnt build up again. But yea wud u suggest i do about 5 to 10 pounds of ewc this round an its 2nd round soil getting ready to recook to make it 3rd round or shud i do less ewc?
Oh also i got a big bag of round 3 amendment an i was wondering how much does a single kits worth weigh?

Yes, go with 10 pounds, that's plenty. For amendment , measure the total weight Doc sent u. It's 1.5 pounds per 'kit' or bale of PM . That works out to about 680 grms, i believe BUT, the 3rd run may be lighter, so if u bought it in 'bulk' u can see how many kits worth Doc sent u ok. This will let u know how to calculate , understand? Also , u can see how the mix looks in the bag, with a lot of fine powders that settle very fast , so you have to really make sure you mix and divide it up properly ok.

Yes, go with 10 pounds, that's plenty. For amendment , measure the total weight Doc sent u. It's 1.5 pounds per 'kit' or bale of PM . That works out to about 680 grms, i believe BUT, the 3rd run may be lighter, so if u bought it in 'bulk' u can see how many kits worth Doc sent u ok. This will let u know how to calculate , understand? Also , u can see how the mix looks in the bag, with a lot of fine powders that settle very fast , so you have to really make sure you mix and divide it up properly ok.

Oh shit that really sux i always end up getting bad luck wen it comes to things like this lmao. I think from now on im jus guna start gettn single kits worth of things it makes it easier to divide out for me plus i dnt then gotta deal with the issue of it getting humidity in it or what ever ya no.

Oh shit that really sux i always end up getting bad luck wen it comes to things like this lmao. I think from now on im jus guna start gettn single kits worth of things it makes it easier to divide out for me plus i dnt then gotta deal with the issue of it getting humidity in it or what ever ya no.
I wouldn't worry to much about humidity getting to it, unless you're spilling things into it. I keep my amendments and roots! in totes in my veg room, which normally is 65-70rh and I've never had any issues with humidity messing with them.

I could be mistaken, but by saying organic matter I think this includes ewc....could be you adding too much and the soil isn't that big of a problem. Not sure if I am following clearly though.

Yes ...EWC's are indeed 'organic matter', along with leaves and old roots some add to their cooking soil.Too many EWC's can be a problem .
Ok....I got it. The stuff @Blazinjones is pointing out is the larger bits of the peat as organic matter. I think there is a confusion that there is a problem with too much of those (not so decomposed) bits of peat as the problem. The problem being too much ewc and or roots/leaves we add to later runs of soil that is the issue.
Thanks Duggs.

Yes, i give a bit of Tea with every drink and more with a Drench. I have been for 7 yrs. I also give 1/4 Transplant drinks too, just like ya'l do!!
Blazin, NO the Tea did not cause your issues with your grow. Too much organic matter is a problem some growers get themselves into with later (2nd and 3rd run) when they add too many EWC's , and or leaves and roots to their cooking soil.
Doc says to add between 20 and 40 pounds of EWC's when u cook our soil BUT...this is a big BUT here!! If u add 40 pounds all 3 times or even 30 pounds all 3 times , u Will have issues .
With this 5th run (modified) im growing in now, i added some fresh PM to the mix , plus only very little EWC's.
Hope this answers a few questions....any more?

so you’re saying adding the tea to the drinks has been more of a long time habit, (more instinctive) and not from an comparative observation that it is better than just pure water.

Im at a point where I am taking keen notice of different kit users, especially the vets like you Duggan, that pull off amazing harvests, and how they achieve their success.

just me being the inquisitive fellow I am!

:passitleft:

Gazoo, there ya are...were you lurking... :ganjamon:

Great question DL ..With watering and Tea. I used to give plain water when a 'drink' was due, all the time.(original instructions say to Drench , water, water, Drench.) Then i started to add a bit of Tea figuring that since i wasn't loading up the soil with more nutes, at least i could make sure the micro heard was thriving, and not getting washed away, so to speak. After i noticed continued health and bumper crops , i continued the practice. Now, as u said, it's just habit. Keep in mind, each soil re,cook we do, we keep adding to the mix. It doesn't go away, some things build up over time , like salt and some minerals. We have to try and maintain a balance somehow. I do it by adding fresh PM , Perlite, and not going crazy with the EWC's.
For this crop in 5th run (modified) Doc has given me a few tips and a special ReCharge. We are doing this for ya'l, trying to perfect and experiment with much later runs of soil , to make the system , even MORE cost effective. Being able to run with the same bale (in affect) for multiple crops with some certainty, will be fantastic, for everyone. Hope this helped some DL and gang.:circle-of-love:

A few pics of my present crop in DBHBB 5th run (modified) soil.

Hi Doc - question or 2 for you regarding mulch.

We’re having super bad drought conditions this year so i am succumbing to pressure from my fellow gard’ners to mulch my DBHBB raised bed.

I’ve read around and know you have recommend either rice straw or a blend of pine bark and pumice stone (or similar), if mulch is necessary. I can’t source either of those - we have pea straw that we use in the rest of the garden.

Am I ok with the Pea Straw?

AND, How thick should the mulch be? The garden helpers have put it down quite thick - close 4-5” which seems too thick for my liking. I’d prefer about 2” or the drenches will never get through it, it seems to me. But I really don’t know, never having mulched a cannabis bed before.

Appreciate your input :Namaste: Cheers Doc.

Gazoo, there ya are...were you lurking... :ganjamon:

Great question DL ..With watering and Tea. I used to give plain water when a 'drink' was due, all the time.(original instructions say to Drench , water, water, Drench.) Then i started to add a bit of Tea figuring that since i wasn't loading up the soil with more nutes, at least i could make sure the micro heard was thriving, and not getting washed away, so to speak. After i noticed continued health and bumper crops , i continued the practice. Now, as u said, it's just habit. Keep in mind, each soil re,cook we do, we keep adding to the mix. It doesn't go away, some things build up over time , like salt and some minerals. We have to try and maintain a balance somehow. I do it by adding fresh PM , Perlite, and not going crazy with the EWC's.
For this crop in 5th run (modified) Doc has given me a few tips and a special ReCharge. We are doing this for ya'l, trying to perfect and experiment with much later runs of soil , to make the system , even MORE cost effective. Being able to run with the same bale (in affect) for multiple crops with some certainty, will be fantastic, for everyone. Hope this helped some DL and gang.:circle-of-love:

A few pics of my present crop in DBHBB 5th run (modified) soil.

Bingo! Thanks for the explanation Duggan. I like the idea, kind of insurance, and Docs pricing beats anything notable out there, so it’s cheap insurance.

disclaimer: I haven’t added tea to the drinks (yet) but I have been doubling the amount I use when I drench, and the plants are thriving.

Back
Top Bottom