Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

and 2 caps of the tea from the little bottle.
Hey Blazin, is that a lot of tea?

I’m kind throwing this up here to ask @Doc Bud about it - tea quantities.

Cause Ive always worked out that Tea measurements come out at roughly 10%of the drench amount so if I were giving about 30ml (1oz) of drench per gallon of water then I’d be adding only about 3ml of Tea per gallon to that.

Blaze is talking 3 times that amount of tea and I’m not sure we need that much,. “A little goes a long way” you always say :)

But I’m just checking in case I should actually be using more. :Namaste:

:nomo: :passitleft:

Cause Ive always worked out that Tea measurements come out at roughly 10%of the drench amount so if I were giving about 30ml (1oz) of drench per gallon of water then I’d be adding only about 3ml of Tea per gallon to that.

Blaze is talking 3 times that amount of tea and I’m not sure we need that much,. “A little goes a long way” you always say :)

I been using 8 ml per 5 gl. ? And am unsure myself !! I dumped it into this self measure-ing bottle.

I mention it because the directions ...

208E53AE-BCEE-4476-AD53-289B12FA38A3.jpeg

Say 2 drops per gallon of soil so that’s 14 drops for a 7gal pot - about 0.75ml

Doc always says about 1 gallon of water tO soak a 7 gallon pot and that works out to a bit less than a ml of Tea per gal of water, roughly speaking (“measurements need not be precise” ;) ).

With all that in mind, Blaze’S post reminded me that I’ve noticed much bigger amounts of tea being served by folks here and there. I did it myself for a bit and I’ve gone back to the smaller amounts now and am wanting to confirm that is still Doc’s ‘best pracice’.

:Namaste:

I mention it because the directions ...

208E53AE-BCEE-4476-AD53-289B12FA38A3.jpeg

Say 2 drops per gallon of soil so that’s 14 drops for a 7gal pot - about 0.75ml

Doc always says about 1 gallon of water tO soak a 7 gallon pot and that works out to a bit less than a ml of Tea per gal of water, roughly speaking (“measurements need not be precise” ;) ).

With all that in mind, Blaze’S post reminded me that I’ve noticed much bigger amounts of tea being served by folks here and there. I did it myself for a bit and I’ve gone back to the smaller amounts now and am wanting to confirm that is still Doc’s ‘best pracice’.

:Namaste:

Yep. The smaller amounts of Tea are what I favor in general.

No, you shouldn't be using more. I think your measurements are about right.

What a thing of beauty. Seriously, that's a work of art.
:adore::adore::adore:

Thanks doc and ween! Appreciate the kind words :)

any chance you might have a suggestion on what i should do before bloom start?
I know i have to do EWC and recharge during the first week or two of bloom. Figured you might have something else in mind for my plants.

I don't think they have OG's and i wonder if there's a reason to not use snake oil? I was thinking about using it just in case one of em needs a little "extra something".

strains I've got :
Bluniverse (Blue Magoo x Ms.Universe)
Super Silver Blue Mago (Blue Magoo x Super Silver Haze)
Blue Coffin (The cough x Blue Heron)

Thanks Doc, have a great weekend

PS: Beautiful pics duggan! Those looks gorgeous, nice work!

Jumping ahead again. I'm now on page 52 and I'm reading about people using tap water if it's good enough. Do you still recommend tap water if it's good quality? See my last harvest was 13ozs from two white widow autos. Fan leaves were turning yellow and falling off the plant like it was fall. This problem showed up about the third week of flower and progressed the rest of the time.The smoke was really weak I mean it was garbage. The same thing started showing up in the 3rd week of flower in my current grow. Found out with the help of Duggan, and emilya that my ph was way to high. I started using distilled water ph'd to the proper number 6.2 right now I'm using ff happy frog soil. Will finish out this grow and the grow I have in my veg tent with the happy frog. I've got the first kit cooking as we speak. I live in a city and I'm not crazy about constantly bringing home and carrying in gallons of water for all my neighbors to see. It'd be great to be able to use my tap water if at all possible. If not is ro water good to use with the kit. I can install one and end the constant deliv6of water into my house.

Jumping ahead again. I'm now on page 52 and I'm reading about people using tap water if it's good enough. Do you still recommend tap water if it's good quality? See my last harvest was 13ozs from two white widow autos. Fan leaves were turning yellow and falling off the plant like it was fall. This problem showed up about the third week of flower and progressed the rest of the time.The smoke was really weak I mean it was garbage. The same thing started showing up in the 3rd week of flower in my current grow. Found out with the help of Duggan, and emilya that my ph was way to high. I started using distilled water ph'd to the proper number 6.2 right now I'm using ff happy frog soil. Will finish out this grow and the grow I have in my veg tent with the happy frog. I've got the first kit cooking as we speak. I live in a city and I'm not crazy about constantly bringing home and carrying in gallons of water for all my neighbors to see. It'd be great to be able to use my tap water if at all possible. If not is ro water good to use with the kit. I can install one and end the constant deliv6of water into my house.
It depends on the quality of your tap water. I use bottled water cause mine is questionable....possible lead and the usual chlorine etc....really it is a personal choice, but I like to eliminate any possible reason for problems when it comes to water. It costs extra and is a chore to lug water to your garden, but personally I think it is worth it. No need to PH with either as well I think.

A friendly tip for research as well is to use the search function. I have found reading through long threads can be rough. I took a screen cap of what I do often, search a topic crossed with a member. For me it has become the best way to find info and at least a starting point before asking questions. Since most questions have been asked dozens of time per year.....it can be easy to find the answers you are looking for plus answers to questions you have yet to think of. I tend to look a a bunch of different experienced brixers to cross reference different methods and ideas. Still feel free to ask questions though.

Example: water quality by @Doc Bud

Screenshot_20200217-071727_Chrome.jpg

Pages and pages of Doc talking about water quality over the years.

Screenshot_20200217-072149_Chrome.jpg

Enjoy :bongrip:

Yes you can use RO water and lots of people do. If you have mini split you can collect the condensate water and use that as well, or the water from your dehumidifier. I get 80% or more of my water from those 2 sources. In the winter here it's too dry to do that so I do purchase distilled water by the 2.5 gallon jugs. I guess there's about 3 months of the year I have to supplement with distilled.

A friendly tip for research as well is to use the search function. I have found reading through long threads can be rough. I took a screen cap of what I do often, search a topic crossed with a member. For me it has become the best way to find info and at least a starting point before asking questions. Since most questions have been asked dozens of time per year.....it can be easy to find the answers you are looking for plus answers to questions you have yet to think of. I tend to look a a bunch of different experienced brixers to cross reference different methods and ideas. Still feel free to ask questions though.

Thanks nei

Thanks seedlingmtl. I will start using the search function as you have so simplified the steps for me.

Thanks nei

Thanks seedlingmtl. I will start using the search function as you have so simplified the steps for me.
Everyone learns and absorbs differently, this way really works well for me in most cases. If you don't put a reliable member in there it is back to trying to find a needle in a haystack. Since you are on your first run it can be really helpful to research each step as you approach them and really get a good focused study on. Glad to help. :thumb:

Also...some completed journals are also a huge help. Especially ones where Doc or @Duggan (unofficial member of the decade) has been along for the ride mentoring people. There are a ton of them...like this one.

Thanks doc and ween! Appreciate the kind words :)

any chance you might have a suggestion on what i should do before bloom start?
I know i have to do EWC and recharge during the first week or two of bloom. Figured you might have something else in mind for my plants.

I don't think they have OG's and i wonder if there's a reason to not use snake oil? I was thinking about using it just in case one of em needs a little "extra something".

strains I've got :
Bluniverse (Blue Magoo x Ms.Universe)
Super Silver Blue Mago (Blue Magoo x Super Silver Haze)
Blue Coffin (The cough x Blue Heron)

Thanks Doc, have a great weekend

PS: Beautiful pics duggan! Those looks gorgeous, nice work!

Feed on the heavy side for sure. A single application of Snake Oil won't hurt, but doing more when it's not needed doesn't help.

Distilled water does not need any pH treatment in High Brix.

Only if your tap water is really bad, and full of chloramine would I say not to use it.....and that is a reality for many.

Great Monday (Family Day) to everyone.:high-five: Hope ya'l are enjoying the day so far. I'm just chillin sippin on a Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee right now...yummy stuff gang..
Ha Seedling....i caught that ..:hug:....Never gonna happen bud....dont get to enough journals...simply not enough time....wanna know why....i work every day and only have so many hours. I'm on here for about 3 to 4 hrs every single day but cant compete with the retired , or unemployed. They simply have me at a disadvantage cuz i work every day.
Anyhow , i love all u guys and will continue to help and support all who want it. Cheers and enjoy the day Seedling and gang...my brothas...:circle-of-love:

Yes you can use RO water and lots of people do. If you have mini split you can collect the condensate water and use that as well, or the water from your dehumidifier. I get 80% or more of my water from those 2 sources. In the winter here it's too dry to do that so I do purchase distilled water by the 2.5 gallon jugs. I guess there's about 3 months of the year I have to supplement with distilled.
The use of dehuey water has been on my mind of late. I was getting ready to start a discussion, so thank you for bringing it up!

I know a lot of people use it. But I read posts on other sites where posters who work as biologists, for example, say not to. The reason stated is that it picks up a lot of junk from the air, eg dust, mold spores, etc.

Now that I’m in flower I’m pulling a lot of moisture out of the air over night, hence my interest in the safety of using this water.

I’d be interested in hearing from others who use dehuey water and if they’ve had any issues.

Having said that, my setup is probably ideal for using dehuey water as my outside fresh air goes through a carbon filter first and then through a hepa filter before entering the grow room.

Just curious what others think.

The use of dehuey water has been on my mind of late. I was getting ready to start a discussion, so thank you for bringing it up!

I know a lot of people use it. But I read posts on other sites where posters who work as biologists, for example, say not to. The reason stated is that it picks up a lot of junk from the air, eg dust, mold spores, etc.

Now that I’m in flower I’m pulling a lot of moisture out of the air over night, hence my interest in the safety of using this water.

I’d be interested in hearing from others who use dehuey water and if they’ve had any issues.

Having said that, my setup is probably ideal for using dehuey water as my outside fresh air goes through a carbon filter first and then through a hepa filter before entering the grow room.

Just curious what others think.

I've use dehuey and AC water many, many times.

Keeping the condensate tank clean is obviously a no-brainer. Test the water for TDS....if it's low, there's nothing to worry about. I'm not saying I drink it all the time, but certainly its fine for the plants.

Back
Top Bottom