Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey Daj! What are you talking about my brother? That plant looks great! Ok you have a little tacoing going on, so do I. If you don't have enough TP for a super drench then maybe doc will have an alternative solution for you, maybe a little epsoms....? Don't sweat it my man, that girl is going to produce some mighty fine buds for sure! Very Brixy Sir Daj! :high-five:

Hey Daj! What are you talking about my brother? That plant looks great! Ok you have a little tacoing going on, so do I. If you don't have enough TP for a super drench then maybe doc will have an alternative solution for you, maybe a little epsoms....? Don't sweat it my man, that girl is going to produce some mighty fine buds for sure! Very Brixy Sir Daj! :high-five:

Hey There Ween! Thanks man, I just get frustrated... can’t seem to do this right and I work with lots of plants of all kinds everyday! Not HB of course but this makes me feel like a total newb, which I am not. Anyway, I’m sure it’ll produce ok. It not just taco... there’s a pic up there where the leaf is curling under and there are a few like this. Even a couple where some blades go up some go down... only slightly nothing really extreme as of yet. But it did look worse this afternoon than this morning.
I have plenty of TP and tea... but that’s not the point. I need to know how to prevent this...
Have a great evening Ween!

Seriously? Man that’s gonna use a lot of product even for one 7 gal plant. And I have to wait until it’s dry enough, which means days of waiting. Why is this happening Doc? When I’ve been feeding this lady way heavier than the directions call for... was it because it was so long between drenches? It looked really great before I gave it that TP drench.
It’s due for Brix soon, Friday will be 8 days but I like to wait longer. Thanks Doc...
this is getting frustrating cause I can’t seem to grow well in your gear. Just seems the amounts of everything I use has to go up up up... and that just doesn’t make sense to me.

Edit: just wanted to say I don’t mean to sound so angry... but I really am getting frustrated. Everything makes sense, it’s not that I’m confused. It’d just like to grow one plant in the kit that I don’t have problems with. I don’t want to need to give a super or rescue drench, because if I have to do that I’m obviously doing something else wrong. At least that’s my thinking.

First of all, the plant looks fine to me. A bit of a slight taco is normal.

What are you night temps?

As for Super Drench, you'll do it once. Wait till it's ready, then do it. You can use plain water the next time.

Why is this happening? It's almost always due to the environment. It can also happen if you do not grow good roots in veg. In your case, it might be a little of both......but do you really think that plant looks bad? I think it looks great and it will reward you accordingly.

This gear works.....lots of people right here can attest to that. Why it isn't growing you "fake" plants is almost always due to the environment not being right.

Have you tried following along with the Dark Scotia thread and looking at the amounts and timing of the drenches? Are you avoiding group-think, especially from people who don't know what they're doing?

Try just following my advice and being patient with this plant, ignoring all the "helpful" ideas from people who are newbs.

First of all, the plant looks fine to me. A bit of a slight taco is normal.

What are you night temps?

As for Super Drench, you'll do it once. Wait till it's ready, then do it. You can use plain water the next time.

Why is this happening? It's almost always due to the environment. It can also happen if you do not grow good roots in veg. In your case, it might be a little of both......but do you really think that plant looks bad? I think it looks great and it will reward you accordingly.

This gear works.....lots of people right here can attest to that. Why it isn't growing you "fake" plants is almost always due to the environment not being right.

Have you tried following along with the Dark Scotia thread and looking at the amounts and timing of the drenches? Are you avoiding group-think, especially from people who don't know what they're doing?

Try just following my advice and being patient with this plant, ignoring all the "helpful" ideas from people who are newbs.

Hey Doc, thanks for the reply and for putting up with me.
I dont think that plant looks bad at all either, I just want to be able to keep it that way. The tacoing came on fast, and I understand some is normal but it came on fast, as I said, so of course it freaked me out. When someone says could be Mag def... I just think... man what am I doing wrong to cause this?
My night temp is 68-70 RH 50-60. I vegged this girl for a while, even got her to need feeding every other day. Had pretty good roots... Not roots like yours but better than the last few I grew out. I know your gear works no doubt about it... I just still dont have it down I guess, which is also frustrating cause I am a quick study on most things, especially plant related.
No, I haven't been taking or listening to any advice from newbs. I wouldn't do that anyway, why would I when I have all these great growers here that are so kind as to help out... even when I'm a whiny ass like now.
Yes sir, of course I've been following along in the Dark thread... its helpful for sure! I will follow your advice, you're the man with the plan. I'll try and be patient but if my lady looks worse by the day... that will be pretty damn hard. Thank you again Doc!

High Doc - welcome back to 420 land. hope the trip was goood. It sounds like you’re getting some good ‘roots’ setup down south there for future ‘flowering’ ;)

I’m having an awesome growing season - thanks in very large part to reading all (or a lot of - I still have some pages to go) your old Journals and following along here, and more recently lots of other ‘kit’ growers as well. Even with all the mistakes I made this time my grow has turned out really well. I smiled and nodded a couple of months ago when my partner and our garden helper said they thought something might be wrong with my plants becuase they looked really shiny :) ... then neikodog said a couple of weeks ago that my plants looked in high brix territory - imagine how delighted I am to hear that! I’ve not been able to push them the way i’d like to during flower - I ran out of some of my homemade drenches and teas - but nonetheless I’m really happy. Some way of using the kit is definitely in my future but meantime, I’m really enjoying trying to implement some of the things you discovered when working it all out. It’s not a kit grow but hopefully you wont mind if I share a pic or 2 here... (and I’m not claiming they’re high brix, I have no way to measure it - but trying to implement high brix methods over everything else has got me some very nice plants indeed)
:thanks:

:Namaste:

High Doc - welcome back to 420 land. hope the trip was goood. It sounds like you’re getting some good ‘roots’ setup down south there for future ‘flowering’ ;)

I’m having an awesome growing season - thanks in very large part to reading all (or a lot of - I still have some pages to go) your old Journals and following along here, and more recently lots of other ‘kit’ growers as well. Even with all the mistakes I made this time my grow has turned out really well. I smiled and nodded a couple of months ago when my partner and our garden helper said they thought something might be wrong with my plants becuase they looked really shiny :) ... then neikodog said a couple of weeks ago that my plants looked in high brix territory - imagine how delighted I am to hear that! I’ve not been able to push them the way i’d like to during flower - I ran out of some of my homemade drenches and teas - but nonetheless I’m really happy. Some way of using the kit is definitely in my future but meantime, I’m really enjoying trying to implement some of the things you discovered when working it all out. It’s not a kit grow but hopefully you wont mind if I share a pic or 2 here... (and I’m not claiming they’re high brix, I have no way to measure it - but trying to implement high brix methods over everything else has got me some very nice plants indeed)
:thanks:

:Namaste:
Wow Amy! They look delicious! Nice work!

I don’t want to clog up this thread with hermie questions, but if anyone can come over to my grow journal (link in signature) and lend some advice on what drenches to do to finish off a nannering plant early that would be great!! Nanners at week 4, two plants nearby started flowering 4 days ago. Thanks for all the help HB fam!

carefully remove one of those male flowers and see if anything is inside....like dusty pollen. many times, male hermie flowers are sterile....but when they aren't.......uh oh......

6 KB. Did you get the standard Kit? That has 8oz bottle of TP and GE and if you wind up having to do some rescue or super drenches, you may run out of TP (Transplant Drench) Quart bottles are the way to go!
Yup standard kit! Rescue drenches are what made me have that thought, hopefully I don't need to :nomo:

Looking Awesome. Soon, Very Soon I expect this result :)

Anyone else notice PIC NUMBER 13 in DBs last picture post is missing the 420 WATER MARK
It was the last to load, which btw took forever. Wonder if this should be noted by the guys working
on the issues, seems strange only one is missing the water mark could be a intermittent issue ?

Back
Top Bottom