Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Oh sorry, I asked if anyone was using pumice instead of perlite and you responded with a wave - so I took that to mean ‘hello! Yes I do!’

My bad... :)

Oh no need to apologize, just did not recognize the question and wanted to make sure I was not ignoring you :high-five:
Yup that :ciao: was an attempt to erase a post I had second thoughts about :thumb:

It was nothing bad, just did not fact check before posting so decided to remove it

Posted this in my journal but probably best to post it here.

Hey @Doc Bud can you drop some knowledge on PGRs in your kit and the use of Triacontanol. Supposed to be a naturally occurring plant growth regulator and was wondering if it's in the kit. I know fish and other stuff are good PGRs but my knowledge on the subject is limited. Is this what gives your plants the amazing growth?? Do you think there would be any benefit adding organic Triacontanol hormone from home made Alfalfa tea with waterings?

Hey @Doc Bud can you drop some knowledge on PGRs in your kit and the use of Triacontanol. Supposed to be a naturally occurring plant growth regulator and was wondering if it's in the kit. I know fish and other stuff are good PGRs but my knowledge on the subject is limited. Is this what gives your plants the amazing growth?? Do you think there would be any benefit adding organic Triacontanol hormone from home made Alfalfa tea with waterings?

They researched it nice! I didn't know anything about it so I looked it up and this is the skim:

Triacontanol (TRIA) is a natural plant growth regulator found in epicuticular waxes. It is used to enhance the crop production in millions of hectares, particularly in Asia. Quite a number of researchers have reported the TRIA-mediated improvement in growth, yield, photosynthesis, protein synthesis, uptake of water and nutrients, nitrogen-fixation, enzymes activities and contents of free amino acids, reducing sugars, soluble protein, and active constituents of essential oil in various crops. Expectedly, TRIA enhances the physiological efficiency of the cells and, thus, exploits the genetic potential of plant to a large extent. In fact, TRIA increased free amino acids, reducing sugars, and soluble protein of rice (Oryza sativa L.) and maize (Zea mays L.) within 5 min.

It seems it has stimulating effect on protein production... but reduces sugars and oil content :)

We do not include Triancontanol in the kit. It will result in somewhat larger buds, with less resin and terps.

The PGR's in High Brix products are 100% naturally occurring and come from seaweed.

Isn't it astounding that 20+% of that entire budlet is THC? And not resin ... THC itself. One fifth of the weight of that mass is THC.

:bongrip:

Isn't it astounding that 20+% of that entire budlet is THC? And not resin ... THC itself. One fifth of the weight of that mass is THC.

:bongrip:
I've heard you talk about this before and I do find it amazing and actually hard to believe. Are you sure? Wouldn't this mean that if we made some hash or other extract from Gazoo's bud, (if he hadn't gone and smoked it all like that, that is) we could potentially be getting back 20% returns by weight of pure THC?)
:hmmmm:

I've heard you talk about this before and I do find it amazing and actually hard to believe. Are you sure? Wouldn't this mean that if we made some hash or other extract from Gazoo's bud, (if he hadn't gone and smoked it all like that, that is) we could potentially be getting back 20% returns by weight of pure THC?)

That's my understanding. When you have a bud tested, the results are percentage of mass by weight. But it's not like I've never been wrong ...

It made no sense to me until I visualized the leaf. A skinny thin leaf with all these towers of resin stacked up everywhere. The picture of that makes sense. There're a helluva lot more towers than leaf.

Yes you would get a 20% yield. The percentages are by weight. I've taken a 20% strain and extracted oil and I'll get a little over 5 grams of oil from that strain. That is from a bud run not a trim run.

Long overdue pictures. This is the last run of Tangie.....I'm replacing it with Hazelnut Cream, which is better in every way.

Tangie is still pretty, frosty, and nice.....but the Hazelnut is on another level.....a High Brix friendly level.

Back
Top Bottom