Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Ok, just checked it out and it does look better. But like Ween I am concerned about it showing so much watering during veg. Takes a while before you’re watering every 4 days in veg... that could lead to a lot of over watering or confusion. And there is one water icon that’s orange for some reason and says to add tea to the water but there only one so that’s kinda weird.

Edit: my bad guys it does say this:
“Once your seedling becomes a mature plant (with 5+ internodes), look to the 4-Week Veg Calendar on back for feeding guidance”
Just hope people don’t forget it there... kinda small print. Maybe put it in really bold print as not to miss? Idk sorry if I’m making things worse!

Ok, just checked it out and it does look better. But like Ween I am concerned about it showing so much watering during veg. Takes a while before you’re watering every 4 days in veg... that could lead to a lot of over watering or confusion. And there is one water icon that’s orange for some reason and says to add tea to the water but there only one so that’s kinda weird.

"Filtered Water

No products, just H2O.
(TIP: Don’t water wet soil!)
Overwatering will suffocate your roots."

This is one the front (first) page....but perhaps we should also say something closer the Veg calendar...hmmm

If I can find the space, maybe something like, "While in veg, often the soil has not had a chance to dry out between waterings/feedings. DO NOT feed or water wet soil. If soil remains wet after several days and it's time for the next drench, simply keep waiting; only apply that drench once the soil has dried. Then continue to alternate the drenches in the order the calendar suggests ." :reading420magazine:

Also the washing directions should probably say to use RO water to wash with. It just says water.. I know if I used my tap water they would probably be worse than than they started! Probably not a big deal though.

Thank you! Fixed. :Namaste:

"Filtered Water

No products, just H2O.
(TIP: Don’t water wet soil!)
Overwatering will suffocate your roots."

This is one the front (first) page....but perhaps we should also say something closer the Veg calendar...hmmm

If I can find the space, maybe something like, "Though the calendars may be read and used literally, especially while in veg, the soil has not had a chance to dry out between waterings/feedings. DO NOT feed or water wet soil. If soil remains wet after several days and it's time for the next drench, simply keep waiting; only apply that drench once the soil has dried. Then continue to alternate the drenches in the order the calendar suggests ." :reading420magazine:

Thank you! Fixed. :Namaste:
Yes sir, I think something like this would be good. Though repetitive, it’ll serve as a constant reminder. In my opinion you can’t say it enough! Do not water wet soil! Thanks Stoney!

A tip for all newer growers....lift your dry pots...see how light they feel...water when they feel light like this during veg. Right before the lower leaves start to wilt.Doing this during veg helps build a very stro g root system and is not hard on them ok. During bloom phase water more frequently...keeping soil moist ...but NOT wet. Follow this procedure for watering and you will be very happy.

Sorry about the confusion over the sample feeding chart folks. It will get cleared up.

I wish I could just say "alternate drenches," and be done with it, but lots of folks have asked for a 'cheat sheet' so we're trying to produce one.

Here are some current pics from the garden. Clementine, Hazelnut Cream and Blue Kush.

Nice! Where'd you get the clementine?

Sorry about the confusion over the sample feeding chart folks. It will get cleared up.

I wish I could just say "alternate drenches," and be done with it, but lots of folks have asked for a 'cheat sheet' so we're trying to produce one.

Here are some current pics from the garden. Clementine, Hazelnut Cream and Blue Kush.

Show off :rolleyes::rofl: Just kiddin Doc, damn your plants posture is so nice. And of course frosty as always!

Very nice group of gals there. As usual it is just one after another. :adore::adore:

Doc could you share your opinion of ideal environment range for veg and bloom.

Veg Temp day & night.
Veg RH% day & night.
Flower Temp day & night.
Flower RH% day & night.

Hey doc, can I pick up your produce locally at a vendor near los angeles? I want a sample! Do you ever attend cannabis trade shows, or other?

Also, I have been noticing that I had a few small spots of powdery mildew on 3 similar plants. The rest of the room seems to resist it, but these 3 are having a bit of an issue. I pruned them and tried to clean them up a bit, and it helped, but there's still a few spots that emerge. There's even a few spots on the stems.

Do you see PM in your high brix garden often? If you employ a method to combat PM, what is it? I have read sulfur burners work, but stink very badly. I would think it could possibly leave a scent on the weed?

:drool:

Very nice group of gals there. As usual it is just one after another. :adore::adore:

Doc could you share your opinion of ideal environment range for veg and bloom.

Veg Temp day & night.
Veg RH% day & night.
Flower Temp day & night.
Flower RH% day & night.

Veg: 72 night 78 day. 55-60rh
Bloom: 68 night, 82 day (with Co2) 78 without. 50-60 rH

That's what I normally run, but I'll tweak it a bit sometimes, especially making it drier at night sometimes.

Hey doc, can I pick up your produce locally at a vendor near los angeles? I want a sample! Do you ever attend cannabis trade shows, or other?

Also, I have been noticing that I had a few small spots of powdery mildew on 3 similar plants. The rest of the room seems to resist it, but these 3 are having a bit of an issue. I pruned them and tried to clean them up a bit, and it helped, but there's still a few spots that emerge. There's even a few spots on the stems.

Do you see PM in your high brix garden often? If you employ a method to combat PM, what is it? I have read sulfur burners work, but stink very badly. I would think it could possibly leave a scent on the weed?

There are only a couple local deliveries that have my stuff and it's usually not in stock. Goes pretty quick.

If you ever visited it's possible you might be there when we're having a produce tasting.....

As for PM....get a sulfur burner.
Get the room up as close to 100% humidity as possible using a humidifier. Turn off fans, but leave AC on.....burn that sulfur for 4 to 6 hours and your PM is gone.

I also recommend you keep pots, saucers, open clone dome and tools in the room when doing the sulfur burn. Clones especially love the high humidity.

Hey @Doc Bud i would be interested in coming for one of those tastings! How far are you located from los angeles? If youre within 8 hours of me, or between here and SF, theres a chance i could make it. I may go up north in a few months, i can always go south easily. If its not allowed to post those kinds of details, PM me! After all ive invested in this, i would love to chat with you for a bit, and see what kind of produce the master of the method produces!

I am considering doing the sulfur burner, but i was so worried that it was going to makr the end product smell / taste weird? I am in week 4 now. Also, which model sulfur burner do you use? Sorry for all the Qs, i just want to make sure i do this correctly.

Back
Top Bottom