Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

...got a quick ?...due to crappy weather causing a later than expected start, my soil has been cooking 2 months...its not totally dried out, but is there any measure I should take to ensure the herd is still getting fed?...I'm probably 2 or 3 weeks away from up potting...I've got some glacial rock dust I could add, or mykos...or just wait and recharge after up potting...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
Just keep the soil moist. Spray with more H2O, if needed. ;)

...got a quick ?...due to crappy weather causing a later than expected start, my soil has been cooking 2 months...its not totally dried out, but is there any measure I should take to ensure the herd is still getting fed?...I'm probably 2 or 3 weeks away from up potting...I've got some glacial rock dust I could add, or mykos...or just wait and recharge after up potting...cheerz... :high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

You're kidding about adding glacial rock dust....right? As for mykos, there's a TON of it in there already. Just wet down the soil a bit and garden in peace and safety.

If you still have a couple weeks to go, throw some leaf trimmings in there. It should decompose in a week or two if everything is fine. :slide:

hehehe...uh, no actually I wasn't...isn't it a good source of minerals?...I thought the herd liked eating rocks... :hmmmm:...in any event, I will follow the advice given...gracias...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Yes....rock dust is mostly minerals. that's quite true. But we're trying to achieve a balance of minerals and I have no idea what the make up of your rock dust is....but I do know without a doubt that if you mixed your soil up with the bag of amendment in the kit your mineral balance is spot on and adding anything----including more HB amendment----will create an imbalance in the soil.

As for mykos.....the kind included in our gear are specific and favor VAM over funghi. I don't know what you might add, but there's a strong possibility it won't be exactly right.....plus it's simply not needed.

If you still have a couple weeks to go, throw some leaf trimmings in there. It should decompose in a week or two if everything is fine. :slide:

You're kidding about adding glacial rock dust....right? As for mykos, there's a TON of it in there already. Just wet down the soil a bit and garden in peace and safety.

Question for doc bud. I just harvested 4 10 gl. plants. The plants that I transplanted into them, had 2 gl. (coast of Maine super soil) root balls. I want to use this to repot all of my wife's, house plants. I mixed in all the fans, and root system . Is it necessary to re-amend with 1st. run amendment and WCs. She's got everything from a rubber plant, to Xmas tree Cactus. :nomo: I was gonna leave out the castings? Or will this even work on house plants? :passitleft:

High Doc, I’ve a question that is “not with the program” if you’ll allow it ;) I know the mycos in your Roots! product are a particular kind of VAM optimised for the HB soil etc. I am wanting to know if it would be just as useful as any other myco product for use in a coco coir medium. NB - not for a HB grow, a regular coco/passive hydro one. I want to add some mycos and just wondering if the Roots! will do just fine. OItherwose i’ll Source something ‘recommended’ for coco. Cheers Doc :Namaste:

Hey guys I'm getn ready to do my ipm with the leafwash. But since only 2 of my girls mite possibly have mites I wont need to use a full quart of leafwash. An since I dnt wana use more then I gotta an waste any. I was wondering if i could make up like a half of a quarts worth?

Yes Blazin, of course you can. No worriez.

Awesome thanx duggs much appreciated brother. I'm off to do my leaf wash on my 2 White Alien's. They are doing great right out the gate. But this strain must be alil weaker at fighting off spidermites then my other strains. Cause they were the only 2 HB plants to get it. But they are my biggest HB plants I have so far lmao so idk. I jus figure I'll keep up with the leafwash every 2 days with these girls for awhile. Jus to make sure the plants stand the best chance they can when I go to flip them. I did 3 treatments last time over the course of like 6days an now they are back. So I figure I'll do every 2days and do like 5 treatments instead of 3 this time.

Question for doc bud. I just harvested 4 10 gl. plants. The plants that I transplanted into them, had 2 gl. (coast of Maine super soil) root balls. I want to use this to repot all of my wife's, house plants. I mixed in all the fans, and root system . Is it necessary to re-amend with 1st. run amendment and WCs. She's got everything from a rubber plant, to Xmas tree Cactus. :nomo: I was gonna leave out the castings? Or will this even work on house plants? :passitleft:

You're wanting to repot houseplants in High Brix or Coast of Maine? Either should work just fine. I do know that cactus and succulents like a more porous soil, with less organic matter.

High Doc, I’ve a question that is “not with the program” if you’ll allow it ;) I know the mycos in your Roots! product are a particular kind of VAM optimised for the HB soil etc. I am wanting to know if it would be just as useful as any other myco product for use in a coco coir medium. NB - not for a HB grow, a regular coco/passive hydro one. I want to add some mycos and just wondering if the Roots! will do just fine. OItherwose i’ll Source something ‘recommended’ for coco. Cheers Doc :Namaste:

We have HB growers who add coco to their mix....so I don't see a problem doing that at all.

Awesome thanx duggs much appreciated brother. I'm off to do my leaf wash on my 2 White Alien's. They are doing great right out the gate. But this strain must be alil weaker at fighting off spidermites then my other strains. Cause they were the only 2 HB plants to get it. But they are my biggest HB plants I have so far lmao so idk. I jus figure I'll keep up with the leafwash every 2 days with these girls for awhile. Jus to make sure the plants stand the best chance they can when I go to flip them. I did 3 treatments last time over the course of like 6days an now they are back. So I figure I'll do every 2days and do like 5 treatments instead of 3 this time.

Do the leaf wash every 3 days, 3 times. That will do the job. No other foliars during. The reason you want to go 9 or 10 days is because that is the life cycle of eggs. Doing it for only 6 days might not get all the eggs.

Please blast the living daylights out of them....every inch of the plant. No light misting here.....hurricane.

Doc, I'm not sure who loves your kit more - me or her?:

full

I'm guessing it's her, only because I'm the one spending all the money and she's doing all the eating, but I do get my revenge come harvest time! :morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom