Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

As a side note, we cooked the soil outside under a tarp, and not 1, not 2, but 3 guarder (garter?) snakes had made the huge pile their home! Not my favorite thing to see (the snakes), but I figure its a good sign if other organisms are wanting to make the sweet sweet DBHBB into a home. Now just hoping the ladies feel the same way!

-Vape

As a side note, we cooked the soil outside under a tarp, and not 1, not 2, but 3 guarder (garter?) snakes had made the huge pile their home! Not my favorite thing to see (the snakes), but I figure its a good sign if other organisms are wanting to make the sweet sweet DBHBB into a home. Now just hoping the ladies feel the same way!

-Vape

They know where the good stuff is

There are 4 100# smart pots, 1 for each of the ladies! Yeah I am going to be documenting them with pics and maybe some video and I will put those on here as time goes by. It's going to be a fun grow!

-Vape
How long are you gonna veg? Are you gonna start vegging indoors then move them out? Seems like you'd want to veg for at least several months before putting them outside in #100's.

Wow...lottsa DBHBB soil...gonna be massive plants. I would top them at least twice and train for multiple tops. They will have the resources in all that soil to support multiple main tops. Excellent! can't wait to see pics of her/them in a few months.

You have a ratio you use like gallon(s) soil to main cola's? Think I may have went over a few times. :ganjamon::yummy:

How long are you gonna veg? Are you gonna start vegging indoors then move them out? Seems like you'd want to veg for at least several months before putting them outside in #100's.

They were vegged for a bit, I got them as about 6 inch clones back in early June, and they went into the big pots June 30th. Where I live they should veg for another month, and then start flowering early Aug.

400 gallons of soil. What's that like 10 kits!?!? WOW Vape!

Its 2 XL kits, so roughly 8 kits :)

The strains are: 1. 9# hammer 2. sunset sherbert 3. Snoop's Dream 4. Sour banana Sherbert

These pots have done well for me in the past, about 2 lbs per plant. Can't wait to have some monster FAKE plants covered in swarovski crystals!!!! lol

-Vape

Actually here is one last pic for the night. This is the clones when I first got them and transplanted them into thier 1 gallon smart pots. Good times!

-Vape
Hope you're in a location that will let the plants develop. where I live, we can get frost in mid August. So all that extra soil would not help here. I used 15 gl. bags last year and they never got root bound. At least with the 100s, you water less ? I'll be following and good luck !! I have nothing outside this yr. !!

Hope you're in a location that will let the plants develop. where I live, we can get frost in mid August. So all that extra soil would not help here. I used 15 gl. bags last year and they never got root bound. At least with the 100s, you water less ? I'll be following and good luck !! I have nothing outside this yr. !!
It's not just the frost - it's the light schedule. Even with no frost, they'll likely be going into flower in the next two months, or so, if placed outside, depending on location.

Willamette Valley Oregon here. So we will have another month of veg and then start flowering early Aug. I expect that they will double in size during that time, and then depending on strain, double again during flowering. I have grown the 9# and the Sunset Sherbert before, and the 9# will stretch, the Sunset Sherbert, not so much. The Sunset Sherbert will make the most beautiful looking Christmas tree structure, and we shall see what the other 2 strains do.

They may not use the entire 100 gallons, but that's OK, I want them to have the option of growing unencumbered to see how big I can get em!

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom