Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It's not just the frost - it's the light schedule. Even with no frost, they'll likely be going into flower in the next two months, or so, if placed outside, depending on location.
Well near Mount Greylock reservation, it usually starts around the last week in July, and we start noticing budding about 1st. of Aug.. , the problem some yrs. is the wet weather we sometimes get in Sept.. like last yr. Everyone I knew, and me, had bud rot to some extent. A shelter of some sort, to protect when weather gets shitty is a must !! I have witnessed some yrs. where weather is good into mid oct. or November, but that's not the norm. We need plants with a short bloom period !! I didn't get anything out this yr. !!

I was expecting to get some nice green, waxy leaves with Doc's kit, but instead, it turned them all white! :eek:

full

Happy 4th, all! :party:

Sorry bro. I think they messed up on the Cat Drench formulation on that batch I sent you. Wasn't supposed to work that well.

How long are you gonna veg? Are you gonna start vegging indoors then move them out? Seems like you'd want to veg for at least several months before putting them outside in #100's.

Man it seems that way, but these things can really grow when given the right environmental factors--and as far as those go, the sun is simply unparalled.

Matter of fact, I just put out 5 more in 100 gals yesterday for full-term outdoor plants. The biggest was only 24" tall or so--last year plants done this exact same way yielded 2.5-3.5 a piece. For sure we'd prefer them in earler, but as long as you get July to veg, things can get absolutely HUGE.

Even from seed, I once sowed in the ground outdoors in San Fran (in high brix soil, yes) Sept 1, harvested first week of November and it was some of the best bud I'd produced. That plant went 5 ounces!

Hope you're in a location that will let the plants develop. where I live, we can get frost in mid August. So all that extra soil would not help here. I used 15 gl. bags last year and they never got root bound. At least with the 100s, you water less ? I'll be following and good luck !! I have nothing outside this yr. !!

Your miles may very, but, FWIW, in my experience, cannabis can take cold temps to 27*F--when they're big enough--without killing the plant, and without any of the bud's cell-walls breaking.

They can't stay at that temp, but if it's just for a few hours and the sun hits 'em first thing in the AM, it's doable. At 26 though, they're effed! :rip:

Smaller, 'normal' plants will get killed in even just a 32*F frost, but, and when it comes to commercial production this is no joke--these high brix plants are without a question much stronger. High Brix growing is like an insurance policy--against heat, cold, pests, and grower-dumbassery. :ciao:

Just my experience, but thought it might help someone out there.

:headbanger:

Your miles may very, but, FWIW, in my experience, cannabis can take cold temps to 27*F--when they're big enough--without killing the plant, and without any of the bud's cell-walls breaking.

They can't stay at that temp, but if it's just for a few hours and the sun hits 'em first thing in the AM, it's doable. At 26 though, they're effed! :rip:

Smaller, 'normal' plants will get killed in even just a 32*F frost, but, and when it comes to commercial production this is no joke--these high brix plants are without a question much stronger. High Brix growing is like an insurance policy--against heat, cold, pests, and grower-dumbassery. :ciao:

Just my experience, but thought it might help someone out there.

:headbanger:
I miss my outside grow even more now that I have no inside grow either. Ha !! 2006 was the last time, I had nothing growing. I do have one of the' inzane in the membrane' strain, revegging. :surf:

In about a week, I'm starting a DBHBB grow, and I have already started a thread.
I plan to veg till about the last of August. Trying to do this without much AC use, just fans.
I did harvest the Inzane in the membrane strain, and as expected, It's overwhelmingly, the best weed I've ever grew and quite possibly, the best weed I've ever smoked. This is at about 5 days burping once a day, so It's going to be even better. I'm lucky, in that i just recently harvested 4 of same strain, grown in Coast of Maine Stonington blend super soil & It was the best I've grew and is nice smooth smoke, with no cough. Then we chopped this, and the COM super soil weed is all of a sudden just sitting up there on the shelf, because it will never compete with this DBHBB grown weed. Much better taste and is now after 5 days burping, mellowing into the smoothest, tastiest, weed, that I've personally ever smoked and that's saying a lot. it's also noticably more potent than the super soil weed. Kind of sad that it took 76 almost 77 years, to find the best way to grow my weed. Thank you Doc bud for doing all the work !! Like I said, this grow was not a proper hi brix grow, but the COM two gl. rootballs didn't miss a stroke, after transplanting to kit soil. And no hi brix foliars till I knew the roots took. I'm very happy with the end results and can't wait to plant the ghost train haze & SD & blueberry, directly into 1st. run kit soil. Keep it green !! :passitleft::surf:

Good on ya Puffer! Ya...you got a plan with the fans. Me too. Gonna start my next journal soon too. Planning on forgetting about the window shaker till next spring cuz of not needing all the lights for a while down there. Cheers eh.
So glad you posted about DBHBB produce being super smooth. That's the common word about it...very smooth...like baby's bum...like a fine 'cuban'....bestest smoke ...:surf:...cheers eh.:high-five:

Sorry bro. I think they messed up on the Cat Drench formulation on that batch I sent you. Wasn't supposed to work that well.

Lol right his must come with powder sugar for a topping or sumthn lol.

So doc I had a question now that we got my Ice Cream plant looking alot better what should I do for a drench next. member I did a rescue drench an she was still havn issues then u said to use 15ml trans with 2ml tea in a quart of water. Now it's time for the next feeding. An I was wondering if I went back to the schedule where I left off It would be a trans drench but wanted to make sure before I feed them lol. Here is my Ice Cream lookn tons better now and my GSC clone.

Ice Cream

GSC clone

There are 4 100# smart pots, 1 for each of the ladies! Yeah I am going to be documenting them with pics and maybe some video and I will put those on here as time goes by. It's going to be a fun grow!

-Vape

God dam man 100 gallons each that is guna be insane I so cant wait to see those big beast hit flower. Lmao its guna so big man ur guna be in for some massive fun lol I wish I could do shit even one 100gallkn pot would be insane :rofl:. Well shit man congrats on starting the kit and good luck bro im down to watch.

was wondering if I went back to the schedule where I left off It would be a trans drench but wanted to make sure before I feed them

Hey Blazin’ They look heaps better!

ok. I’m still a newbie in DBHBB land but they’ve had a lot of Transplant while nursing them back to health, and they’re looking really good now, :thumb:

My take is go back to alternating drenches, so give a Growth Ionic (but a plainwater first, if that hasn’t been done yet). :Namaste:

Good on ya Puffer! Ya...you got a plan with the fans. Me too. Gonna start my next journal soon too. Planning on forgetting about the window shaker till next spring cuz of not needing all the lights for a while down there. Cheers eh.
So glad you posted about DBHBB produce being super smooth. That's the common word about it...very smooth...like baby's bum...like a fine 'cuban'....bestest smoke ...:surf:...cheers eh.:high-five:
I was looking for an Indica strain, but ran into these, and they're about 80/20 sativa dom.. And there will be a few days when ac will have to be used. Room in on 2d. floor, and hot. Vegging though, I've had temp go to over 90, and they grew like a bastard. I can gamble a little bit, knowing I can get seeds. My wife was happy with the $70 elec. bill today, It's normally about $215-240. :rofl:

Hey Blazin’ They look heaps better!

ok. I’m still a newbie in DBHBB land but they’ve had a lot of Transplant while nursing them back to health, and they’re looking really good now, :thumb:

My take is go back to alternating drenches, so give a Growth Ionic (but a plainwater first, if that hasn’t been done yet). :Namaste:

Right that was my first thought to lol. But then I wasnt sure if it meant back to where I left off or if it meant jus go back to alternating drenches.

Oh man, I never marked my soil bins for 1st & 2nd runs :hmmmm:
I kinda expected I would see some roots in the Second run bin
but don't see any in either bin now.

Looks like I will have to call both those bins 2nd run.

at least I can tell my 3rd run bin I put in the whole root system, stem and all.
and it has not been very long since I filled that one

Back
Top Bottom