Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I also wanted to take a second to talk about Snake Oil..... @Doc Bud ...thanks for makin that stuff. My last grow had a Chemdog in it that was starting to turn ugly mid flower. I ordered the Snake Oil and applied it late. It never really had an effect I could notice at that point. But thanks to all the great info here and some messages to @Duggan I knew these OGKB genetics were gonna want some Snake Oil. I mixed 3ml of Brix with 1ml Snake Oil in a spray bottle with 3 TBS of water. Gave that spray when I flipped and again 10 days later. I’m only about 25 days into flower but I can already tell a difference compared to the last grow. Thanks everyone!

I also wanted to take a second to talk about Snake Oil..... @Doc Bud ...thanks for makin that stuff. My last grow had a Chemdog in it that was starting to turn ugly mid flower. I ordered the Snake Oil and applied it late. It never really had an effect I could notice at that point. But thanks to all the great info here and some messages to @Duggan I knew these OGKB genetics were gonna want some Snake Oil. I mixed 3ml of Brix with 1ml Snake Oil in a spray bottle with 3 TBS of water. Gave that spray when I flipped and again 10 days later. I’m only about 25 days into flower but I can already tell a difference compared to the last grow. Thanks everyone!
That's a pretty hefty ratio Magoo, have you always used double doses? Brix should be mixed 1ml brix to 1oz water. It looks like your ratio 3ml brix to 1.5oz water. Snake oil should be 1ml SO to 4ml brix. I'm not saying it can't be done, I've just never tried it that strong before.

That's a pretty hefty ratio Magoo, have you always used double doses? Brix should be mixed 1ml brix to 1oz water. It looks like your ratio 3ml brix to 1.5oz water. Snake oil should be 1ml SO to 4ml brix. I'm not saying it can't be done, I've just never tried it that strong before.
I meant Oz and not TBS brother. Nice catch. So 3oz of water with 3 ml of brix and 1 ml of SO, which is probably a little heavy on the SO. No I’ll effects noted this time but I will do the 4:1 next time I have to use some. Thank you!

I received 8 clones today, that are healthy, but only problem is that they are in Sohum supersoil in 1 pint cups. Should I grow them till they’re root bound, before transplanting to 1 gl. Pots or transplant them now into gl. Bags of 1st run soil?? Thanks ! :surf:

Yea I got a clone in the mail from a friend on here an jus popped her into some of docs kit soil an bam she took off. I got a mandarin cookies clone an here she is now.

She will be soon going into a 15 gallon pot of soil so she should get nice an big atleast let's hope right lol. But yea good luck hope ur clones all make it.

Hi Doc and gang.

I have a question about my ready soil. I’m almost halfway through the veg stage in 1 gal pots. The soil for the bigger pots (7gals) is cooked/ ready and just sitting in the tote, which I would love to get out of the way.

Can I fill the final pots and have them just sitting in the tent for 4-6weeks until the plants are ready to transplant? I’d put plant trays on top of the soil and just keep the 1 gals on top of that fo the rest of veg.

Is it OK to “store” the cooked soil like this for a month or so?

:Namaste:

Hi Doc and gang.

I have a question about my ready soil. I’m almost halfway through the veg stage in 1 gal pots. The soil for the bigger pots (7gals) is cooked/ ready and just sitting in the tote, which I would love to get out of the way.

Can I fill the final pots and have them just sitting in the tent for 4-6weeks until the plants are ready to transplant? I’d put plant trays on top of the soil and just keep the 1 gals on top of that fo the rest of veg.

Is it OK to “store” the cooked soil like this for a month or so?

I've seen Doc say not to cook up small batches (could swear he was telling you that) so am thinking you may want to leave in totes but let's see what doc and the crew say. Couldn't you just put the tote in the tent with 1s on top?

:passitleft:

I've seen Doc say not to cook up small batches (could swear he was telling you that) so am thinking you may want to leave in totes but let's see what doc and the crew say. Couldn't you just put the tote in the tent with 1s on top?

:passitleft:
Thanks ween - yes that’s true. This soil is cooked already though. Been cooking 8 weeks ;)

I can’t move the tote... at all! So putting it in the tent isn’t an option this time (i’m already thinking about that for in the future tho :) )

I’ve seen others do it for short periods. I’m sure I’ve seen Duggs do it when he first fills up his big 26-ers (little pots sit on top for a while) so I know it’s ok for a short time. Just wondering if longer would cause any probs

7 gallon pots should be big enough to keep a herd healthy ... :hmmmm:

I'd be more concerned in something smaller, like a 2 gallon.

As long as you keep it moist and maybe feed it some trim from time to time, it should be fine for that long.

:thumb:

Not best practice, but I don't really see the limiting factor. It's already cooked and has a population of biota ... it shouldn't really care if there's more dirt next to it, or the side of a pot.

Hey guys I was wondering if I had soil cooking for over a month waiting to use it. Is there anything I have to do or can I jus use it like I normally would? I just didnt want to start a new seedling or clone an burn it up or something if letting it cook that long made the soil to hot or something else idk about lol.

Back
Top Bottom