Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

haha....there are private beaches for folks like us, but the drink service isn't as good. Most of the action starts at 11 PM or so, right before dinner.

We can sip Mate and smoke joints and get a tan. Then you can venture out amongst the beautiful people. I'm happily married....but I'll tell you what I LOVE about Uruguayan women:

Not only do they fill a floss bikini really well....but they can also ride a horse, light a fire, drive a manual shift, ride a motorcycle, dance the Tango and roll a joint!

They are seriously drop dead gorgeous no lie.

Hey brixers, it's been a crazy few weeks here but now that the holidays are over for another year things are starting to settle down again.

Teenage wedding got chopped during christmas, she never really looked happy but sure seems like a goodly ammount of super dense sticky nugs hanging in my drying box. Going on 5 days now so they should almost be ready to jar up. They'll cure for a couple weeks prior to me squishing them in my new rosin press :)
Sorry no pictures of the chop but I'll get some pics of the buds after I've done my dry trim.

Heavy Chevy is now 51 days old and is looking happy and healthy.
Since the up pot she's had one plain RO watering, and one brix Foliar spray. She's starting to feel light again so about ready for her first GI drench since transplant tomorrow night.
20200102_213756.jpg
20200102_213633.jpg
20200102_213520.jpg
20200102_213611.jpg

Dropped a new bean into a shot glass of water tonight. My lovely wife has chosen Moon Pebbles for this one and I'm hoping to try to get her more involved.

Question for the masses. How long will my cooked soil be good for? Since I am only able to run a couple plants at a time my soil has been cooked and sitting in my bins since may. I just finished my first bin full when I filled the 7gal pot Heavy Chevy is in and still have the other bin un-touched as yet. Its still nice and moist. Lots of condensation on the inside of the lid when I open it and the soil is able to loosly stick in a ball if squeezed. Do I need to add anything to feed the microbes or will the be ok for some time yet?

No worriez Knife...that cooked soil will not spoil , will not go bad and will NOT need to be re cooked OK. When u need to use some in the future just add water and some Tea and it's good to go!
BTW , that lil chunky plant of yours looks pretty nice . Gonna be even nicer in a couple/few weeks i'm thinkin. Good on ya for sticking things out with the kit. It really is very , very easy to use and a lot of fun . cheers to ya Knife.

Howdy Gang. Knife to add to Duggan’s comment about your cooked soil :

As long as the bins are checked every so often for moisture like you have been they are ready to use.

Also do ensure they do not sit on any concrete floor even with carpet or under carpet padding there. My basement see’s lows of 68-70f and I don’t risk having the soil bins on that carpet. Now I use 2 inch foam insulation boards and let the totes sit on that. Ideally 72-78f would be a very nice temp for them to cook in. Mixing up the moisture in each bin every month would help even out the moisture loss as it does happen.

I recently revisited how I’m caring for my cooking soil and I can say that paying more attention to the bins and how the enviro is for them makes a good difference in how the soil will preform.

Cheers Bud. Hope that helps some.

I was busy in the terp dungeon and had to water a Maui girl. These are in 10gal pots with 18inch maybe 21 inch diameter saucers. This is what you want to see if you bottom fed into a saucer. Or top water and have run off. Living Microbial Life. I have videos but I will just share still shots so everyone can see.

27FE57D8-C485-4BF1-BA44-E21FB6B2D582.jpeg

There is thousands of them and these will not make it back into the pot. This little bit of water will dry up in the next hour or two. There is likely billions or trillions of these guys in the medium. This is what we want to see and when these are not present I quickly noticed a break in the plants “hooking up to the soil”

My first and second grows had these always moving in the Water when I did give a plant a drink. Then these little organisms went away and were not seen for a grow. Now I have them back and I have noticed the plants are doing better since the herd population is much denser. I hope this alerts all kit users to the importance of keeping their cooking soil “alive”. I set it and forgot about my first kit worth of soil for months and it likely went very low activity as far as microbes.

Well bedtime for me. Gnight Gang :green_heart::passitleft:

I was busy in the terp dungeon and had to water a Maui girl. These are in 10gal pots with 18inch maybe 21 inch diameter saucers. This is what you want to see if you bottom fed into a saucer. Or top water and have run off. Living Microbial Life. I have videos but I will just share still shots so everyone can see.

27FE57D8-C485-4BF1-BA44-E21FB6B2D582.jpeg

There is thousands of them and these will not make it back into the pot. This little bit of water will dry up in the next hour or two. There is likely billions or trillions of these guys in the medium. This is what we want to see and when these are not present I quickly noticed a break in the plants “hooking up to the soil”

My first and second grows had these always moving in the Water when I did give a plant a drink. Then these little organisms went away and were not seen for a grow. Now I have them back and I have noticed the plants are doing better since the herd population is much denser. I hope this alerts all kit users to the importance of keeping their cooking soil “alive”. I set it and forgot about my first kit worth of soil for months and it likely went very low activity as far as microbes.

Well bedtime for me. Gnight Gang :green_heart::passitleft:

Ok so if it dries up should i jus put ro water on it or no?

That’s the stuff! :ganjamon: Very nice Farmer:high-five:. Look at the health of that girl at chop. Impressive!

@Blazin that is good advice from Scotia about Re wetting with some TP/tea.

If you were not going to use it soon and the bin will sit for another month + then just re wet it with like a gallon of RO and mix it up thoroughly. Main thing is your checking the bin and moisture level.

Yes....add EWC's.
For the third run i always cut the amount down to max 15 pounds.U can also cut the pile some with the addition of some fresh ProMix.

Thanks every-time I look it up I find old directions that dont mention anything about adding it, just a typo type-thing
but confuses me Everytime :rofl: :rofl:

Oh should I add a light dusting of ROOTS
also No recharge during this run i see

"
After your second grow
After the second crop is harvested, we take that same used soil and this time we add a bag of 3rd Run Amendment, and a light dusting of Roots! perhaps some healthy leaf scraps. Let this cook for a month and then use as normally directed. Please note: 3rd run "Recharge" is not needed nor is it recommended. Reduce use of foliar sprays to every 2 weeks for the 3rd Run.

"

EDIT BTW the above is current information as listed in THE SOIL directions

THE SOIL Directions
Scroll to bottom to find AFTER YOUR SECOND GROW

EDIT EDIT: The use of EWC is mentioned on the "3rd run amendment" link and listed in the
instructions there but unless you follow that link it can easily be missed

Back
Top Bottom