Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I need a 3RD Run soil cook process update please

After the SECOND Run is complete Do we add EWC ?
for the 3rd run cook ?

INGREDIENTS
=
USED 2nd run soil
+
3 rd run amendment
+
EWC ?????

+
H20
+
30 DAYS

Thanks in advance

I'd say you could go either way with the EWC. If lots of roots and such were already digested into the soil, use the EWC sparingly or not at all.

If it's just dirt that was knocked off the rootball and no organic material is included, EWC are the way to go.

Thanks every-time I look it up I find old directions that dont mention anything about adding it, just a typo type-thing
but confuses me Everytime :rofl: :rofl:

Oh should I add a light dusting of ROOTS
also No recharge during this run i see

"
After your second grow
After the second crop is harvested, we take that same used soil and this time we add a bag of 3rd Run Amendment, and a light dusting of Roots! perhaps some healthy leaf scraps. Let this cook for a month and then use as normally directed. Please note: 3rd run "Recharge" is not needed nor is it recommended. Reduce use of foliar sprays to every 2 weeks for the 3rd Run.

"

EDIT BTW the above is current information as listed in THE SOIL directions

THE SOIL Directions
Scroll to bottom to find AFTER YOUR SECOND GROW

EDIT EDIT: The use of EWC is mentioned on the "3rd run amendment" link and listed in the
instructions there but unless you follow that link it can easily be missed

Yep. You can't go wrong following directions. You don't ALWAYS go wrong when deviating......but the safe thing is well....safe.

Hey Brixers! Got a new journal up and running. Link is in signature. Hope you all will join me on this one. Gonna be growing some Pre 98 Bubba, some Indiana Bubblegum, a little PuTang, and kitchenhawk’s cross of GG4 and Boptang. Should be a good one hopefully!
:surf: :nomo::passitleft:

haha....there are private beaches for folks like us, but the drink service isn't as good. Most of the action starts at 11 PM or so, right before dinner.

We can sip Mate and smoke joints and get a tan. Then you can venture out amongst the beautiful people. I'm happily married....but I'll tell you what I LOVE about Uruguayan women:

Not only do they fill a floss bikini really well....but they can also ride a horse, light a fire, drive a manual shift, ride a motorcycle, dance the Tango and roll a joint!

Shit u just described my version of heaven lol.

Here are my auto girls i stopped doing the foilers cause she is going crispy rite now. An jus waiting for them to dry out an then ill be doing a rescue drench an see if tht dont change things around since they got alil time yet. They are still pumping out tons of fresh pistals everyday an still jus cloudy trichs so guna let her keep going an see what happens lol.

Zkittles auto.

Rhino Ryder auto.

Bluedream auto.

Hey guys. I gotta cook my first batch of 2nd run soil. I have 2 30 gallon totes filled all the way up. Was thinking a pound and a half of first run amendment and about 20# of ewc. Does that sound right?

You only need 20 ounces of amendment. 20 Pounds is about what I use for second run soil.
Thanks yeti. I bagged them up in 1# bags when I got the bulk kit and thought since this was about 60gal of soil that I would need 1.5. But I guess it would be a little lower because it already had some goodies in there?

Almost time..... :high-five:...Did i see a couple seeds in the one pic there Blazin....second pic up...just off center to the left?

I hope not lol well if it was the zkittles but if u meant the bluedream then yea cause i hit it with some pollen on a few lower branches to make a few seeds lol. But yea i wasmt sure if u were talkn about wen u said second pic up if u meant second from the top or second one up from the bottom lmao so if u meant the bluedream then yea u prolly will see some beans on her lower branches/budsites but it very well cuda spread to the zkittles so maybe u did see it on tht one an i jus missed it idk lol. But i hope its not to much of an issue with the zkittles i dnt wana waste her energy on seeds wen these buds are so thick i want her to focus on resin production now lol.

Oh an i also jus seen that i got a star pupil and bubbas island kush beans to pop a tail so now into some highbrix soil to really get things started lol.

Ok so i was jus starting some new seeds a bubbas island kush and a star pupil an i took out so HB soil an filled the hole with plain pm an wonderd if this was to deep of plain pm cause i feel like my plants kinda went alil yellow this last time then they started lookn better as the days went on. So it had me thinking maybe the plain pm was 2 deep an so the plant was starved alil by the time she made it to the hb soil or am i jus over thinking things lol.

Also i made up a batch of trans drench to plant some new seeds and it foamed up on top like this. Ive never had this happen like this b4 does it mean the trans went bad or is this ok?

I would re dampen that soil and let it keep going. If i was going to use that soil right away and found it dried out. I’d give first feeding with a decent feeding of transplant and tea to get soil jump started.

Ok so that was actually exactly what I did lol.

An so i got some good news bad news thing going on. I jus noticed on my Zkittles auto that i mite have slight bud rot. i noticed alil fuzz on the side of one of the buds. So i started spreading all the big buds apart slightly looking on the insides of the colas to see if i found any bud rot. An i think i caught it soon enough. But i found these lil brownish tan shavings it looked like wen i looked threw the loup. But do u guys know what this is? I at first thought buds but dnt see any anywhere so then thought maybe jus from the ground or fan maybe blew some shit on it. But then i found tht lil fuzz so it had me panic an now im harvesting my crop at 3 am lmao. Here is those shaving things i found on the buds.

i think its normal especially if you're shaking or stirring it. Mine does foam/bubble when i use the hose to let it circulate in the bin and it's not a lot of foam, just a little.

Ok thanx much appreciated brother. Now im off to harvest some buds and do alil bud washing lol.

I've got a little oddity I thought I'd share.

The pic below shows a White Widow day 18 from breaking ground. As you can see, it still has its cotyledons, as well the the first "single" blade leaves. This plant sat there and didn't do anything, ie grow leaves, until about 3 days ago when all of sudden it took off. It appears that this plant "FIMmed" itself! There are four distinct growth tips showing. Never seen anything like it. BTW, the first time I grew WW (f) I found two seeds. One was greenish, which I dumped, the other looked mature so I threw it in with the remaining WW seeds I had. So, it might be some kind of bastardized seed! LOL!
757D911E-3AC7-48F9-B5CC-FC36065BE4FC-12336-00000B95BB59985F.jpg

The pic below shows a White Widow day 18 from breaking ground. As you can see, it still has its cotyledons, as well the the first "single" blade leaves. This plant sat there and didn't do anything, ie grow leaves, until about 3 days ago when all of sudden it took off. It appears that this plant "FIMmed" itself! There are four distinct growth tips showing. Never seen anything like it. BTW, the first time I grew WW (f) I found two seeds. One was greenish, which I dumped, the other looked mature so I threw it in with the remaining WW seeds I had. So, it might be some kind of bastardized seed! LOL!

I had this happen before with some home-built Blue Dream seeds. The plant actually grew into two plants....one trunk....one male, the other female.

Obviously, I tossed all the "seeds" from that. Please keep us updated as to what happens with this one. :ganjamon:

Very cool! You should top each top!:rofl:

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom