Doc Bud Tries The G8 450 LED From Dorm Grow!

DB what size pots you start your clones? will you increase pot size prior to bloom? really amped the way plants are responding to Hi-Brix on my way to the Brix tutorial . :Namaste:

DB what size pots you start your clones? will you increase pot size prior to bloom? really amped the way plants are responding to Hi-Brix on my way to the Brix tutorial . :Namaste:

I use Rapid Rooter or Root Riot plugs. After they root, I put them into 1 or 2 gallon pots, depending on how long they're going to veg.

From there, I transplant into 7 gallons and bloom them.

Simple, easy.....seems to work!

I use Rapid Rooter or Root Riot plugs. After they root, I put them into 1 or 2 gallon pots, depending on how long they're going to veg.

From there, I transplant into 7 gallons and bloom them.

Simple, easy.....seems to work!

Hey Doc, What kind of time in those 7gals before flipping to flower?

I may be upgrading soon to 7gals from previous methods using 3's

Hey Doc, What kind of time in those 7gals before flipping to flower?

I may be upgrading soon to 7gals from previous methods using 3's

Well, if you read my "In the Lab" thread, I go into detail.

Mostly, the day I put them into the 7 gallon pots is the day they go into bloom, with very few exceptions and those only because I don't have room in the flower room.

I like to have slightly root bound plants in veg, which means there's more than enough root mass to support the plant for the first 2 to 3 weeks of bloom, but by then they are nearly root bound in the 7 gallon pots. When I pop them out of the final containers, I rarely spill any soil. They're like root baskets.

Thanks Doc for the info..I read somewhere here at 420 that up potting and forcing roots to the perimeter was a good thing.

Currently went from dixie cups to 1 gals, so should have good root mass after 30+ days for next upgrade..I'm at day 26 in the 1 gals right now.

I think the 7gals are my next purchase. thanks again.

Hey DB. so far I've gleaned more roots more fruit, can I apply this thought to all strains?

Absolutely bro. And if you want the highest quality, strive for a robust root system with room to grow, and a plant that is small enough to be easily fed without stress from start to finish in the given volume of soil.

On this particular grow with the G8 450----should have named it the 420----I'm going to keep the plants small and compact and within the footprint of the light. So, I'm going to upcan from 1 gallon to 7 gallons, and bloom on the same day. I'll be doing this in the next few days, between harvesting, transplanting and a bunch of other stuff. I'm actually getting a physical workout in the garden these days there's so much to do.

I promise pics tomorrow. The plants have responded well to their topping and are throwing out healthy, stress free leaves with a nice shiney, brixy color. They have great posture when the light is on....happy in every way.

I wonder what it would be like to have some industrial rigging and 8000 watts of LED light beaming down in a large room.....the energy savings on cooling would still be greater than the heating bill if it were to get cold. The plants really seem to like the light, and look better (and smaller) than their twins under the T5 lighting.

The LED plants are happier and healthier.

OK....the plants are moving along nicely.

They are smaller and more compact than their T5 twins. The stems on the LED plants are firmer and more woody, and they use less water than the T5 twins. They have great "posture" and appear to be thriving in every way.

I'll be putting them into bloom this week.

IMG_55262.JPG
IMG_55252.jpg

OK....the plants are moving along nicely.

They are smaller and more compact than their T5 twins. The stems on the LED plants are firmer and more woody, and they use less water than the T5 twins. They have great "posture" and appear to be thriving in every way.

I'll be putting them into bloom this week.

Hi Doc Bud,
Great job on the grow - looking good! :thumb:

Once you transplant into larger pots you should let the plants adjust to their new environment for a couple weeks before switching to the flowering cycle. They look like they could use a little more veg time anyway.
When you are finally ready to switch you the flowering cycle add the G8LED 90W Red flower booster right next to your main G8-450 panel.

Dorm Grow | 90 Watt LED UFO Red

450 Watt LED Grow Light | Replace 800 Watt MH/HPS System by G8LED | Dorm Grow

:420:

Hi Doc Bud,
Great job on the grow - looking good! :thumb:

Once you transplant into larger pots you should let the plants adjust to their new environment for a couple weeks before switching to the flowering cycle. They look like they could use a little more veg time anyway.
When you are finally ready to switch you the flowering cycle add the G8LED 90W Red flower booster right next to your main G8-450 panel.

Dorm Grow | 90 Watt LED UFO Red

450 Watt LED Grow Light | Replace 800 Watt MH/HPS System by G8LED | Dorm Grow

:420:

If I let them veg a few more weeks, the plants will be gigantic. I'll do that if you wish, but I know this strain very well and it will be five feet tall and all over the place. As it is, the plants are slightly root bound.

Your call on that, but I'm going to tell you right now that if those plants get 2 more weeks in veg there will only be enough room for part of 1 plant under the light and it will be a monster.

Definitely planning on introducing the red LED alongside. Let me know if you want me to veg longer due to some characteristic of the light. Based on the strain and a fair bit of experience, I say they're ready to bloom this week.

thanks for pointing me over here Doc. Im subed.

I have a question i hope DormGrow will chime in on since you may be wondering the same thing.

I clicked on the link to the 450 and it says it compares to the grow power of an 800W hps.
I have seen references like this on other LED sites.

Anyone ever seen a 800W? I'm confused on why some of these LED companies use a wattage no one uses for comparison.

and the 450 LED only uses 240W? and the 240 LED uses 140W?
The 90w uses 90w, now that is a light that is named right.

Why cant they make things easy for us?

thanks for pointing me over here Doc. Im subed.

I have a question i hope DormGrow will chime in on since you may be wondering the same thing.

I clicked on the link to the 450 and it says it compares to the grow power of an 800W hps.
I have seen references like this on other LED sites.

Anyone ever seen a 800W? I'm confused on why some of these LED companies use a wattage no one uses for comparison.

and the 450 LED only uses 240W? and the 240 LED uses 140W?
The 90w uses 90w, now that is a light that is named right.

Why cant they make things easy for us?
I had Sara explain that very question to me awhile back HH, my 240 x 5w Mars II are called 1200w lights because tecnically thats what 240 x 5w equals but in reality they cant be run at full power, the heat sinks would not be able to keep and the diodes would burn up alot quicker and possibly even cause fire hazzards. The reason they dont advertise them at they're actual draw of 520 watts is advertising...all the other companies advertise they're lights the same way so if for example TopLed advertised they're 240 x 5w Mars II as a 520w panel for 500 bucks and another company advertises a simillar panel with the same components as a 1200w panel for 500 bucks which one would you buy? Led is still a new tecnology to most of us, they are preying on the fact that we really dont know much about them or how they work. To a new grower looking for led's for his/her new space what sounds better to you, a 520w panel for 500 bucks or a 1200w panel for 500 bucks?

I'm subbed. I've had my LED's for 2 years now and very happy with them. I know you will pull some very nice nugage.
My lights are the wattage advertised as I've hooked up to my kill-a-watt meter, just saying not all use the over estimated
wattage to sell.

no your right not all of them do, I have 4 600w Area 51 panels that were advertised as 600w panels, I find its mostly the companies that advertise on ebay, amazon and allibaba that do this and especialloy resellers.

Back
Top Bottom