Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Hi Doc Bud,
Nice to meet ya.
Long story short, have had a tough time with soil + synthetics. They never seem to reach thier full potential.
In my search for a better/easier way, i found this sight and a lot of great ideas.
Ended up in the "journals in progress" and read a grow by Icemud, which led to your grow and the High Brix.
Very interesting approach.

So I've gone out and got most of the ingredients needed from your current Brix recipe.
??? Can I substitute this Chickity Doo Doo Organic Fertilizer is Derived from 100% Chicken Manure for the Rock N Chicken or is the N to high???
Or can/should i adjust the amount ?

4x4 mylar walls with 1000 hps water cooled with co2. Night temp 70-73. Day temp 75-82. Humidity 55%
I currently have 5 females on 12/12 with flowers showing up this week. Soil is Pro-mix BX with nothing added.
Right now I'm using the Techno-flora Recipe for success (what a joke) nutes.
Is there anything I can do to help them along with my current list of ingredients?

Pro-mix HP
Pro-mix BX
Worm castings
Ancient forest (internet order on its way)
your 6-5-3 ingredients
Azomite (internet order on its way)
Chickity doo doo
Amaze-Bloomit-PGR (internet order on its way)
Happy frog
Super Course perlite
Technaflora "recipe for success" lineup
General organics "Go Box" nutes
Humboldt
- Crystal Burst
- Snow Storm Ultra
- Gravity

Any help would be great till I can get some soil cooking.
Also is your current soil recipe still to hot for clone coming out of a mist cloner? What should I use for the top half?

Yep, the Chickety Do Do looks like a really nice product. It's composted chicken manure that is higher in calcium than anything else...excellent.

What could you do right now to help? Hmmm. Well, if you're careful to mix your nutes but still aren't doing well, I'd do one of two things:

rip them out and start over

or
flush them, add Osmocote Plus 2 tbsp per gallon of medium. You can grow some very, very weed with Osmocote Plus.

I also have Terreau d'empotage et suppléments naturels | MYKE "Myke, annual and perennial transplanter, 0.1-0.1-0.5, contains Mycorrhizae, can I use this as a root innoculant?

And I also have a bottle of Hygrozyme I forgot to list.

Organic teas and floliar sprays are like Chinese to me, got any links to recipes that might also help?

Once again many thanks, I'm behind in the game but ill study hard and learn fast.

I'd suggest reading this journal and the one before this. There are links and some pretty good explanations of what and how to do this. You've got most everything you need....except the most important thing, and understanding of what to use and why. While your current grow progresses, you could educate yourself on teas.....simple as buying a kit and mixing brown stuff with water and a thing that blows bubbles.

The foliar sprays are very tricky indeed and I recommend you don't them until you've got a functioning soil.

Just hang out, read up and you'll catch on.

On edit: wow, I just re-read that post....hard to undertand, words missing. Not good. I made a bunch of dry ice bubble hash today, and I'm a fair bit more stoned than usual tonite. A damn fair bit more...

On edit: wow, I just re-read that post....hard to undertand, words missing. Not good. I made a bunch of dry ice bubble hash today, and I'm a fair bit more stoned than usual tonite. A damn fair bit more...

Nice! :thumb:

Just wondering what size pots your using? Those plants look like they more than 3-5 ounces

I'm in 7 gallons. I trimmed one of two Pineapple Expresses tonite. I'm gonna say 4 oz dried on the wire with maybe 1/4 ounce of usable popcorn. The strawberry cough buds aren't quite as dense, although they are definitely ripening up lately.

Yeah....it hit me pretty hard. It's high energy, ADHD hash....with a body stone. I made it for cooking, but it smokes well too!

I'm in 7 gallons. I trimmed one of two Pineapple Expresses tonite. I'm gonna say 4 oz dried on the wire with maybe 1/4 ounce of usable popcorn. The strawberry cough buds aren't quite as dense, although they are definitely ripening up lately.

Yeah....it hit me pretty hard. It's high energy, ADHD hash....with a body stone. I made it for cooking, but it smokes well too!

That sounds crazy brah! :high-five:

You grew those PEs from seed under 12/12 right? What height did they finish at?

Edit: I've been assuming they were from G13 Labs, but I don't think you ever said...

What's the type of fertilizer you got?

It's the Agricola's 4-8-4 I mentioned earlier in the thread. It's by know means is high brix but it's on the way as such.
I'm going to do a grow with it while I'm sorting a full high brix soil like you have the recipe for, have loads to do tho soil tests finding the minerals ect. So this will keep me going for time being.

I feel this may create a similar result to the previous grow you have shown us.

Smooth

Hey Doc, your plants are looking awesome, mine are doing pretty good too I think, except for the church. No different treatment at all just doesn't look happy. I remember you were saying how much you liked back when you grew it out yourself, are you going to do one or two the church high brix? Would really like to see how you fair with it and using this method. Do you remember if there was anything particular about that strain you had to do to make them happy?

Cheers mate,
Budley.

Plants are still alive, except for two murdered. Barring other factors, a nice harvest will occur.
Hash: QP of trim produced 27 grams of hash using the dry ice method.

Carry on.
IMG_29694.JPG
IMG_2981.JPG
IMG_29744.JPG
IMG_29652.JPG
IMG_29754.JPG
IMG_29733.JPG
IMG_29632.JPG
IMG_29723.JPG
IMG_29703.JPG
IMG_2968.JPG
IMG_29671.JPG
IMG_29664.JPG
IMG_29612.JPG
IMG_29624.JPG

they are looking big and beautiful doc super healthy and happy:goodjob: you know on the subject of bulbs i have several brands but i compared my eye hortilux vs a generic vs the house brand fromhtg supply i ended up using the htg bulb its a super hps and seems to put out quite a bit more nugz turned out more dense bigger and longer also less jubky popcorn the eye horti was next,but all in all i think doc is right theres not much difference jm2c

ok now on to another tea question Doc

I am finally brewing my first batch of official aerated tea. for 5 gallons of water, I used about 2 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp Myco Madness, and 2 cups of Dr Earth Bud N Bloom. Dr E recommends 1 cup of their ferts per gallon on the bag. So I tried to stay on the light side as you recommend and only used the 2 cups.

It's frothing up nice, but is is so dark it looks like it came from Starbucks. Is it normal for the teas to be a rich dark color, or should it look a little lighter like iced tea or something like that? And is it ok to use full strength since I went on the 2/5 recommended dose?

ok now on to another tea question Doc

I am finally brewing my first batch of official aerated tea. for 5 gallons of water, I used about 2 tbsp molasses, 1 tbsp Myco Madness, and 2 cups of Dr Earth Bud N Bloom. Dr E recommends 1 cup of their ferts per gallon on the bag. So I tried to stay on the light side as you recommend and only used the 2 cups.

It's frothing up nice, but is is so dark it looks like it came from Starbucks. Is it normal for the teas to be a rich dark color, or should it look a little lighter like iced tea or something like that? And is it ok to use full strength since I went on the 2/5 recommended dose?

That all sounds great! The tea can look like Guiness beer with floaters, dark coffee, etc. It should smell fresh and make nice bubbles. As long as your soil well innoculated, I think its best to go easy on the tea I use, which is Nature's Own. That tea is damn strong. Makes other teas look like jackass teas.

I suspect your tea is not quite as hyperactive, so going really light might not be a bad idea. I used to use vermitea, which turned the water a golden, clear color. I could never use too much of that. But with the Nature's Own, it's actually quite easy to do it, especially in small containers.

So, you probably don't have to go too dilute. If everything goes yellow, you'll know you crossed the line. Just foliar feed and they'll come back in a week when all the microbes die off and release the nutrients they gobbled up.

I had a runt plant and after foliar feeding it with PGR, Amaze and Bloomit and a good dose of Natures Own tea...It's not a runt any more, I was amazed.

Be careful with that stuff, Curso. It's very strong. I use PGR and Amaze in veg. After flipping or seeing alternate nodes if on 12/12 from germination, I use Bloomit. I stop with PGR after bloom has set in.

Foliar feeding, if done right, is a huge benefit. If done wrong it will create problems. If you don't have good soil, stick with foliar feeding of compost tea only. If you have living, mineralized soil, the High Brix sprays work crazy good.

Be careful with that stuff, Curso. It's very strong. I use PGR and Amaze in veg. After flipping or seeing alternate nodes if on 12/12 from germination, I use Bloomit. I stop with PGR after bloom has set in.
Nice I was on the right path :D thx doc:thumb: I just gave them the one treatment last weekend, and was debating doing one this weekend, but from the looks of things, I can probably get away with skipping this week and just give them the weekly tea. My plants are starting to shine doc :high-five: so it's looking like I'm in the ballpark now that the high K has been sorted out.

Back
Top Bottom