Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Just foliar feed and they'll come back in a week when all the microbes die off and release the nutrients they gobbled up.

Doc

I am 5 1/2 wks into flowering, I shouldn't be foliaring any more should I?

Doc,

Temps are between 80-85, it has been unusually hot in our area as with the rest of the country. Air circulation is good. No sign of any bud rot so far.

I had been spraying Stump Tea. Using a plastic spray bottle from the hardware store. I haven't sprayed in about 10 days. And I did do a lot of defoliating the other day. Come to think of it I would be spraying more bud than leaf.:hmmmm:

Over all the plants are healthy, just don't seem as far along with the tris development this time. The tris are short more like the WW's of past and the 2 WWxQ crosses this time which resemble their WW mom structure wise. The other 3 look the same. Not many of those golf ball on a tee looking tris.

The Spicy White Devil smells like Lemon Pledge but are some really thin buds that might not amount to much.

Doc,

Temps are between 80-85, it has been unusually hot in our area as with the rest of the country. Air circulation is good. No sign of any bud rot so far.

I had been spraying Stump Tea. Using a plastic spray bottle from the hardware store. I haven't sprayed in about 10 days. And I did do a lot of defoliating the other day. Come to think of it I would be spraying more bud than leaf.:hmmmm:

Over all the plants are healthy, just don't seem as far along with the tris development this time. The tris are short more like the WW's of past and the 2 WWxQ crosses this time which resemble their WW mom structure wise. The other 3 look the same. Not many of those golf ball on a tee looking tris.

The Spicy White Devil smells like Lemon Pledge but are some really thin buds that might not amount to much.

Well....if ya pulled all the leaves off, there's not much to spray, I reckon....

As far as trichomes go, don't let the size or amount fool you. If the plants are healthy, the resin will be healthy. Large trichomes look cool for sure, but they have nothing to do with potency.

Fact: Pump up potassium and you'll have larger trichomes.
Fact: Pump up potassium and you'll have larger, less flavorful, less potent trichomes.

Giant pumpkins are grown with massive amounts of potassium. Excellent gourmet vegetables are not...and they're not gigantic either! The point is that if the plants are growing well in mineralized soil with good soil biology, the product is going to be excellent. Don't let the size of the trichomes throw you off....fact is what you're doing is different and the plants show it.

And, if it doesn't turn out well, you can always go back to the old way if you wish. I remember thinking the OC+ Jack was growing faster and more resinous than the organic version a couple grows back. The organics caught up and surpassed in the end....and that was before High Brix. I think you'll find things go just fine.

Well my attempt at Hi Brix has just hit 2 weeks of cooking. The soil seems to have sunk a bit from the level it was originally, is dead black, has a nice earthy smell and a good texture. I added 6 gallons of perlite, remixed and put the lid back on the 18 gallon tote. I have just over 15 gallons of this to play with. Going to try some on a few bagseeds I have to see if it is too hot and if I have to start em in a layer using OC+ on top. I am tempted to start another 15 gallons of it cooking but want to do some testing first.

Well my attempt at Hi Brix has just hit 2 weeks of cooking. The soil seems to have sunk a bit from the level it was originally, is dead black, has a nice earthy smell and a good texture. I added 6 gallons of perlite, remixed and put the lid back on the 18 gallon tote. I have just over 15 gallons of this to play with. Going to try some on a few bagseeds I have to see if it is too hot and if I have to start em in a layer using OC+ on top. I am tempted to start another 15 gallons of it cooking but want to do some testing first.

don't use OC+ on top. Use regular soil.

How thick of a layer? Thinking 3 inches but have read up to half of the pot.

It depends on what size pot, flowering time, and the strain.

When I was using super soil, I'd fill it halfway for OG Kush, and 1/3 of the way for lighter feeding strains. With High Brix soil, there's no need to use the layers. Just fill up the pots to the top.

If you made a super soil....layer it. If you made a High Brix soil, don't.

A few more pics:
IMG_30142.JPG
IMG_30094.JPG
IMG_30043.JPG
IMG_30102.JPG
IMG_30126.JPG
IMG_30134.JPG
IMG_30082.JPG
IMG_30072.JPG
IMG_30065.JPG
IMG_30053.JPG
IMG_30033.JPG
IMG_30021.JPG
IMG_30012.JPG

Doc,

I gave the plants a full dose of my light version of tea and they seemed to perk up quite a bit and the plants look a nice vibrant green.

I tested the brix yesterday about 20 hrs after the tea feeding, and I am still only getting 5 from the small leaves. I will try to test a small bud in the next day or two to see if the reading is any different.

And of course I have another question;

I made the Tea in a 6 gal bucket with a drip irrigation shut off valve on the bottom and used an old piece of hose to water with. It actually worked quite well. All of the ferts/debris sludge is still on the bottom so I added another 5 gal of water and started brewing again.

Is it OK to re-brew a Tea with the same ingredients that were left in the bucket? I am guessing as long as it foams and isn't a fowl smell it should be alright? Or should I dis-guard it and start a fresh batch? Also should the bucket be cleaned thoroughly between brews if starting another batch to remove any contaminants?

Observation:
Most of the soil from old grows goes in my friends veggie garden and his plants look almost like tropical size plants. All he adds is water. Have you made any decisions of reusing some of your soil?

Doc,

I gave the plants a full dose of my light version of tea and they seemed to perk up quite a bit and the plants look a nice vibrant green.

I tested the brix yesterday about 20 hrs after the tea feeding, and I am still only getting 5 from the small leaves. I will try to test a small bud in the next day or two to see if the reading is any different.

And of course I have another question;

I made the Tea in a 6 gal bucket with a drip irrigation shut off valve on the bottom and used an old piece of hose to water with. It actually worked quite well. All of the ferts/debris sludge is still on the bottom so I added another 5 gal of water and started brewing again.

Is it OK to re-brew a Tea with the same ingredients that were left in the bucket? I am guessing as long as it foams and isn't a fowl smell it should be alright? Or should I dis-guard it and start a fresh batch? Also should the bucket be cleaned thoroughly between brews if starting another batch to remove any contaminants?

Observation:
Most of the soil from old grows goes in my friends veggie garden and his plants look almost like tropical size plants. All he adds is water. Have you made any decisions of reusing some of your soil?

I'd use fresh tea each time. The bucket only needs to be hosed out...no need for sterile technique.

I did reuse some soil, but it's pointless until I get the actual High Brix soil I'm after. Then, I'll attempt to reuse it and amend as needed.

How much longer do those PE have to go doc? The look so nice!

The PE was harvest last week. The large cola pic is of Strawberry cough. I harvested the main cola's of all but two of the SC last night. I'll finish up the rest of the harvest this weekend and early next week.

The pics above are of Lemon paki and shaman.

I am shocked at some of the SC buds....dense, sticky, thick....huge yield for this strain.

Wow Doc!! Your plants are looking stunning!!! Have you been testing your brix levels?

Not yet on testing.

I felt it was pointless to spend the money on a refractometer until I had a true high brix soil. I have all the ferts now!

150 bucks including shipping for enough for 1000 sq feet.....approximately 1000 plants in 7 gallon buckets.

Next purchase, refractometer. The next journal I do will be a landmark journal.

Having said that, I'm very impressed with the latest grow and can only imagine what might happen with the real high brix soil. I'm very excited!

I'll be starting that one in about 2 weeks, after vacation.

so doc as im understanding this what you you are doing is getting the broadcast adding it to your soil and following the foliar feed schedule and thats it, not really more complicated that the old pearlite hempy oc+ method i believe you and blue dog were doing? right or am i just off my nut here,, sounds fantastic! im thinking how blasted awesome it would be if it ends up being that easy,,,tell you this there have been points in this learning time curve where i just wanted to go back to oc+ and coco/pearlite hempys, i was not journaling back then but i was on here following you guys as a lurker:thumb:

I'll be starting that one in about 2 weeks, after vacation.
Awesome! looking forward to this...I have been hempty/oc+ since i first found your threads on it. Would love to try this high brix stuff. Do you foresee a stoner proof receipt ?

Back
Top Bottom