Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Awesome! looking forward to this...I have been hempty/oc+ since i first found your threads on it. Would love to try this high brix stuff. Do you foresee a stoner proof receipt ?

It's not as simple as hempy. But it's much better! As with everything, my goals always include repeatability and reliability. It won't quite be stoner proof, but simple enough for anyone who can follow a recipe.

so doc as im understanding this what you you are doing is getting the broadcast adding it to your soil and following the foliar feed schedule and thats it, not really more complicated that the old pearlite hempy oc+ method i believe you and blue dog were doing? right or am i just off my nut here,, sounds fantastic! im thinking how blasted awesome it would be if it ends up being that easy,,,tell you this there have been points in this learning time curve where i just wanted to go back to oc+ and coco/pearlite hempys, i was not journaling back then but i was on here following you guys as a lurker:thumb:
Not that it matters much, but I pioneered the use of OC+ for growing cannabis at least as far as the web goes. However, while I did experiment with OC+ in hempy buckets exactly once, I cannot take any credit for it, because others have done much more in that medium than I have.

I love hempy buckets! They're just so simple and they yield very well. Unfortunately, while you can grow very good quality weed in perlite hempy's.....you can't grow surpassingly excellent weed. And that is all I care about.

So, I'm working on putting together a little system so a first time grower can grow high brix weed on their first try, given a good environment. Give me some time, but who knows? Maybe I'll be a sponsor on this very website.

High Brix minerals and ferts

IMG_30304.JPG

Rootball from ProMix/minerals/rockn chicken soil. Excellent for a plant that had zero veg time and 8 weeks of bloom. the entire 7 gallons was filled with lovely, fine roots.
IMG_30297.JPG

I'll definitely be reusing the soil with the High Brix mix, because the pieces of fertilizer are bb-sized and will take some time to break down. I'll get the soil cooking ASAP and let it cook for a good month. Then, I'll reuse the soil and I figure after about 3 grows I'll have some really nice soil!

This is a lot of work, and the testing isn't cheap. But the results are worth it! It will be an improvement over these laggardly plants:

Lemon Paki

IMG_30276.JPG
IMG_30264.JPG
IMG_30222.JPG
IMG_30181.JPG
IMG_30161.JPG
IMG_30171.JPG

Strawberry Cough

IMG_30241.JPG

Shaman

IMG_30201.JPG
IMG_30193.JPG

Doc,

I'm finally brewing up some nice frothy teas here.
For 6 gal i used;
I used 2 tbsp of molasses, 3 cups Dr Earth Bud n Bloom (they recommend 1 cup per gal so I stayed at 1/2 dose), and one Superplantfood Tab (first batch I used Myco Madness instead and the bubbles looked a lot smaller and looked like a nice foamy head of root beer). This batch is in a nylon stocking. 2 small air stones.

tea_bag.jpg

small 1/2 inch valve on the bottom, I hook up an old washer hose and it is great for watering.
tea2.jpg

Doc,

I'm finally brewing up some nice frothy teas here.
For 6 gal i used;
I used 2 tbsp of molasses, 3 cups Dr Earth Bud n Bloom (they recommend 1 cup per gal so I stayed at 1/2 dose), and one Superplantfood Tab (first batch I used Myco Madness instead and the bubbles looked a lot smaller and looked like a nice foamy head of root beer). This batch is in a nylon stocking. 2 small air stones.

tea_bag.jpg

small 1/2 inch valve on the bottom, I hook up an old washer hose and it is great for watering.
tea2.jpg

lookin good! The only thing I'd say is brew the tea exactly as the directions say, just dilute it with water when it comes time to feed.....as opposed to brewing a weak batch to begin with.

Doc,

My Spicy White Devil was as healthy as the rest about 10 days ago, it was so bad today I pulled it.
When I pulled on the stock it came right out like it had no root structure beyond what was there at transplant.
And when I dumped out the bucket there was very little root structure at all. I'm surprised it sustained life for 13 weeks. It was ready to smoke right off the plant and tasted just like old school Columbo Gold, and it's actually quite good. I am just so surprised the plant took nose dive so quickly.

Have you ever had this happen to you?

10 days ago
SWD_6_wks_flwr_1.jpg

SWD_bud_6_wks_flwr_1.jpg

today
SWD_7wks.jpg

Doc,

My Spicy White Devil was as healthy as the rest about 10 days ago, it was so bad today I pulled it.
When I pulled on the stock it came right out like it had no root structure beyond what was there at transplant.
And when I dumped out the bucket there was very little root structure at all. I'm surprised it sustained life for 13 weeks. It was ready to smoke right off the plant and tasted just like old school Columbo Gold, and it's actually quite good. I am just so surprised the plant took nose dive so quickly.

Have you ever had this happen to you?

10 days ago
SWD_6_wks_flwr_1.jpg

SWD_bud_6_wks_flwr_1.jpg

today
SWD_7wks.jpg

I've had that very thing happen before. I have no idea why. Once, I had 10 healthy PPP clones and in about week 6 of bloom one single plant just up and died....a sea of green with one brown spot. It died in under 48 hours.....strangest thing ever. I have no explanation, although I'm sure it's an issue with the roots.

Doc,
When you cook your soil for a month, do you just mix it up and put a lid on it? Or do you let it breath and give it a stir once in a while?

Have you ever fantasized about the perfect cross? You know, your best Sativa perfectly crossed with your favorite Kush or Indica?

Well, that's usually impossible via breeding, but it's easy to accomplish with dry ice and a bubble bag. I made hash/kief with the Pineapple Express trimmings and then put these greenhouse grown Ketama buds in the jar with some kief.

Ketama is Morroccan Hash Plant. Interesting flavor, very stoney, quite uninspiring if you ask me. But when you saturate the buds in kief from a racey sativa they take on a different personality.
IMG_30364.JPG
IMG_30444.JPG
IMG_30373.JPG

Here are grow pics. Shaman is finishing fast and is starting to turn purple. 2 more weeks on the shaman I think, about 3 more on the Lemon paki.

IMG_30436.JPG
IMG_30425.JPG
IMG_30414.JPG
IMG_30404.JPG
IMG_30393.JPG
IMG_30386.JPG
IMG_30324.JPG
IMG_30343.JPG
IMG_30353.JPG

Wow Doc, this batch looks to be your healthiest yet!!!! I am truly amazed at this high brix growing and can't wait to get started with my next grow. :)

My soil testing at present using a wick system to self water the organic end and to deliver nutes with the salts pot, one week in the salt ferts plant is the biggest, the "High Brix" pot is second, my OC+ standard mix and hydro soil mix using OC+ are in a dead heat. Planting directly in the High Brix soil (well using what is around here anyway) caused no harm though it would seem to be a pretty hot soil mix.

Doc,

Things are looking great. How would you compare the resin production of the lemon paki in high brix to the one u did in SS??

Doc,

Things are looking great. How would you compare the resin production of the lemon paki in high brix to the one u did in SS??

Before I went high brix, I was using Snow Storm Ultra. I'm not using that right now, but may experiment with it in the future.

High Brix has more numerous, but smaller trichomes than the SS/Snow Storm grows. The trichomes are also more "lateral" on the plant than before, in that they extend to fan leaves far greater than they did in the past.

Potency and taste are improved quite a bit with High Brix, and the nugs are tighter. Yield for the Lemon Paki does not seem to be improved over Super Soil.....but I don't really care about yield. Quality is all that matters.

IMG_30463.JPG
IMG_30455.JPG
IMG_30472.JPG

Doc

I know my birxperiment is no where near intense as yours, but for the most part mine also seem to have smaller trichomes, but mine are less numerous on the leaves, but packed in on the buds.

My WW x Querkle cross is REALLY good from the 7 wk test buds picked last week. It just doesn't seem to last as long, about an hour and a half, as some of the other strains, (2-3 hrs). Although it will get another week or two to grow. I think she may surpass her mothers intensity. You can feel the high between your ears for about 20 minutes then it seems like it melts down through your body.

Back
Top Bottom