Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Hey doc your last photos came out great! Just wondering what kind of camera you have?
They look like you took them in the dark cycle but how do you tame the flash back from the trichomes.
Mine always bounces too much light back and doesn't show any green on the buds.
thanks, gittergreen.

It's an el cheeepo Canon, set on full Auto. I have no idea what I'm doing with photography.

I wear a headlamp, line up the shot, cover the headlamp with one hand and push the button on the camera with the other.

Well you got it dialed in LOL.
Back on topic again, I have been having trouble getting my compost teas dialed in. I am on a budget of what I have already
in my arsenal which consist of the following:
Ancient forest compost.
Worm casting.
Hi brix molasses.
I am making this batch to cook my soil with. I know you have been using natures own tea kit with great success. Got a recipe handy that might mimic it with what I have. I also have kelp meal and all the bat guanos.
My success with getting foam has been all over the place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gittergreen.

Well you got it dialed in LOL.
Back on topic again, I have been having trouble getting my compost teas dialed in. I am on a budget of what I have already
in my arsenal which consist of the following:
Ancient forest compost.
Worm casting.
Hi brix molasses.
I am making this batch to cook my soil with. I know you have been using natures own tea kit with great success. Got a recipe handy that might mimic it with what I have. I also have kelp meal and all the bat guanos.
My success with getting foam has been all over the place. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Gittergreen.

Well, I'd follow the recipe on the Ancient Forest bag, add a cup of worm castings and a pinch of Azomite. No molasses or guano.

Hey Doc, just a question....

With the theory of Epigenetics in mind, would taking a clone of a high brix plant produce a higher overall brix level and healthier plant than its previous "brother"? It seems that with humans, even though DNA doesn't change, the proteins and carbon/hydrogen atoms seem to signal certain genetics traits to either turn on or off...So my thoughts, by taking a high brix plant which is reaching its genetic potential and cloning it, wouldn't this allow for a even better plant with each generation produced? (being that environmental factors is a big cause of these triggers to turn on or off) And with these traits being passed on through generations, wouldn't this allow for better and better plants everytime (with a perfect high brix environment) ?

As a very interesting theory itself (epigenetics), I was turned onto this now that I work in the medical device community, and immediately I was wondering if the same concept applied to our plants as well.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom