DocBud's Next Medical Grow

once again thank you sir

i was able to give you reps too LOL

Ah....reps. Cool.
I have no idea what 420 bucks are.....if anyone knows, please chime in!

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. It's lonely in there....only about 23 plants, 16 of them seedlings.

But a really awesome grower made some gorgeous Pure Power Plant clones, which we're growing. I should have some Jack Herer and possibly another Indica strain too.

I'm really excited about the Jack....I may be getting a cutting from Jack's family....his own personal genetics. I've seen the plants are they're ridiculous.....like Anime plants. Perfect and off the hook with resin and buds.

im just gettin into all the technicalities of this stuff and trying to understand nutrients mostly but i think maybe i might be under-estimating how important the soil can be. As of right now i just have some stuff a buddy brought me from his work where they clone trees and such. He mentioned something about pro mix 360 or 510, anyways looked it up and couldn't find any specs on it. Ive heard alot of good things about just using the fox farm soil i can buy at my local hydro store, is it crucial to be messing around more than buying something that has a higher nitrogen level than the p and k?

Promix is really good stuff. What are you using for nutes?

well i have general hydros flora micro grow line right now and only 1 additive, the uh liquid kool bloom and i just bought roots organics root drench but wasn't sure whether or not i should use that in with my regular feedings 2 or not. However i just recently fixed a ph problem so haven't used any nutrients for at least a week or better. I also am worried that it may have been nute burn however because my soil ph is now at 6.5-7 and all i did to correct ph problem was a tsp of apple cider vinegar which i guess i have read will drop the ph a whole point. Would a ph of 8-8.5 really start messing with a plant noticeably show stress like that after a couple weeks of incorrect ph? Damn i kinda ramble, hope i make sense all :smokin: haha anyways, i kinda got crazy with the nutes right around the same time and the signs were similar to both, i also flushed with some distilled water, i think i should have the problem fixed but i want to be sure as i am bought to throw her into bud. If i should start back up with some nutes what strength?

well i have general hydros flora micro grow line right now and only 1 additive, the uh liquid kool bloom and i just bought roots organics root drench but wasn't sure whether or not i should use that in with my regular feedings 2 or not. However i just recently fixed a ph problem so haven't used any nutrients for at least a week or better. I also am worried that it may have been nute burn however because my soil ph is now at 6.5-7 and all i did to correct ph problem was a tsp of apple cider vinegar which i guess i have read will drop the ph a whole point. Would a ph of 8-8.5 really start messing with a plant noticeably show stress like that after a couple weeks of incorrect ph? Damn i kinda ramble, hope i make sense all :smokin: haha anyways, i kinda got crazy with the nutes right around the same time and the signs were similar to both, i also flushed with some distilled water, i think i should have the problem fixed but i want to be sure as i am bought to throw her into bud. If i should start back up with some nutes what strength?

I don't do those kind of nutes, for the reasons you listed above. If you want to grow great plants, save money and not worry too much about pH, get yourself some Osmocote Plus, or Dynamite red bottle.

pH......very over-rated and misunderstood. It's very important in straight hydro, but not so important in soil.

I can help you out, but I need to know the following:

1.)what kind of soil?
2.)What is pH, and total alkalinity of your water?

To test total alkalinity, get a pool test kit and follow the directions. The TA is far more important than pH when it comes to soil. This is because the soil is a powerful buffer. A wide range of pH in the water all gets buffered out by the soil and things usually stay at about 6.8....perfect.

However, if your water is alkaline (again, not talking about pH here....) bicarbonates build up in the container which will raise the pH and kill the plants.....whether you pH it or not.

So, give me those two pieces of info and I'll see if I can help you out.

Warning: if you follow the typical pot forum advice/protocol you'll probably have crappy or dead plants.

ON edit: Oh! You're the Promix guy.

Here's an easy and certain fix to your problem.

1.)Flush well with RO to get the hydro nutes out of the mix....2 gallons flush per gallon of container size will work.
2.)spend 20 bucks or less and get some Ocmocote plus or dynamite. Home dePot has em. This 20 bucks will grow more than 100 plants.
3.)put a good dose....double the bottle's recommendation is fine....on the top of the pots and water when they need water.
4.)I wouldn't add a bloom supp this time around. Wait till you're a bit more experienced....the OC+ will surprise you and grow some really fine plants.

But first, you've got to figure out your water's Total Alkalinity.

I don't do those kind of nutes, for the reasons you listed above. If you want to grow great plants, save money and not worry too much about pH, get yourself some Osmocote Plus, or Dynamite red bottle.

pH......very over-rated and misunderstood. It's very important in straight hydro, but not so important in soil.

I can help you out, but I need to know the following:

1.)what kind of soil?
2.)What is pH, and total alkalinity of your water?

To test total alkalinity, get a pool test kit and follow the directions. The TA is far more important than pH when it comes to soil. This is because the soil is a powerful buffer. A wide range of pH in the water all gets buffered out by the soil and things usually stay at about 6.8....perfect.

However, if your water is alkaline (again, not talking about pH here....) bicarbonates build up in the container which will raise the pH and kill the plants.....whether you pH it or not.

So, give me those two pieces of info and I'll see if I can help you out.

Warning: if you follow the typical pot forum advice/protocol you'll probably have crappy or dead plants.

ON edit: Oh! You're the Promix guy.

Here's an easy and certain fix to your problem.

1.)Flush well with RO to get the hydro nutes out of the mix....2 gallons flush per gallon of container size will work.
2.)spend 20 bucks or less and get some Ocmocote plus or dynamite. Home dePot has em. This 20 bucks will grow more than 100 plants.
3.)put a good dose....double the bottle's recommendation is fine....on the top of the pots and water when they need water.
4.)I wouldn't add a bloom supp this time around. Wait till you're a bit more experienced....the OC+ will surprise you and grow some really fine plants.

But first, you've got to figure out your water's Total Alkalinity.

awesome dude i really really appreciate the help, next time i get out ill b sure 2 nab one of them pool testers, u mean the one that would also do the chlorine and shit right? i think ive seen em before. rep for the help dude

So do you now suggest to only top feed with OC+? Is this adviseable in coco and hempys as well?

No....I think mixing it in the soil is best....but since he's already potted up and growing, top dress is the way to go.

For hempy, put it just above the hole so it gets good and watered.

UPDATE:

We've got 19/20 Querkle seeds popped.
We've got 8 Pure Power Plant clones
We've got plans for Jack Herer, and possibly Grand Daddy Purps or another purple dank strain.

Also, I've harvested about 1/5th of my outdoor Blue Dream plant, which was for seeds. I had a male and a female plant growing in the same pot, and i'd go out and shake the male all the time to pollenate the female real good.

Well, this pic is what we got from about 1/5 of the plant, just crushing the buds with our fingers. I should get enough seeds to fill the bag. They're very nice seeds!

We're hoping to build a really nice seed bank of many strains.

IMG_13244.JPG

Here's the PPP clones. The guy who made these is probably the most meticulous, clean grower I've ever seen....these are without a doubt the healthiest clones possible....perfect in every way, and they're growing like crazy! They LOVE our new soil blend. There's no OC+ in it yet. I'll add that in a few weeks. Right now the soil's very hot, and I don't think I need to add anything.

IMG_13233.JPG

awesome dude i really really appreciate the help, next time i get out ill b sure 2 nab one of them pool testers, u mean the one that would also do the chlorine and shit right? i think ive seen em before. rep for the help dude

If you're using tap water you can go online and get your water district's water quality report, it will tell you everything about your water including ph & TA.

Doc are those femmed seeds? I'm never even heard of Querkle. How long are you going to veg? :peace:

I have been lurking your journals for awhile now, so inspirational you are on another level keep up the good work :thumb:

IMG_13233.JPG

wow, those PPP clones are growin' fast!

I've only seen clones and young plants with well-developed and aggressive root systems explode like that.

this is gonna be good ;)

:thumb:

The guy who made these clones knows his business! The soil blend was just perfect, the roots were very well formed, and they were all so healthy!

My soil is pretty high in P, which the roots love, so I'm expecting good things. C02 isn't even on yet.

I'm going to do a very long veg, with some topping....because I want to get some other cuttings going, and they'll need to veg....so these girls and the querkle could veg for a month to six weeks.

It's funny, I normally don't veg.....but the results from the last grow were so good I'm rethinking my grow style....not really changing, just re-thinking and trying to be objective.

Now here's something really strange.....

I've got some Pure Power Plant, grown with OC+ under a big LED! I'm going to sample it in just a couple hours or less....so I'll chime in later with a smoke report!

How's that for a small world....I've got PPP clones, you grew PPP and now I've got some PPP samples! And you had Blackberry the other day!

What are the chances?

I have been lurking your journals for awhile now, so inspirational you are on another level keep up the good work :thumb:

Thanks bro!

Now here's something really strange.....

I've got some Pure Power Plant, grown with OC+ under a big LED! I'm going to sample it in just a couple hours or less....so I'll chime in later with a smoke report!

How's that for a small world....I've got PPP clones, you grew PPP and now I've got some PPP samples! And you had Blackberry the other day!

What are the chances?

Improbability factor of 2 to the 2079460347.

PPP smoke report!

This sample was from one of the lower buds. Trichomes were visible and plentiful. Smell was pretty unremarkable, bland even. This doesn't bother me at all, in fact I prefer milder smelling strains, but many other people want a strong smell.

The buzz reminds me very much of Blue Dream. Mostly a head buzz with very mild body effects. My cognition isn't impaired, but I feel very happy and high....just the way I want to feel.

The taste of the smoke was quite nice.....it will get better with a cure, but it was really great even so.....mildly minty.

I'm really glad to be growing this strain.

On edit....here I am still flying more than an hour later.....this is really good weed!

Thanks for the PPP smoke report Doc!

As you may know, this is the strain I just recently harvested, and I've sampled a few popcorn buds, but I'll reserve my impressions of PPP until I do the smoke report on my journal.

We do seem to pick up on the same qualities in strains, however, because I just got done smoking some OG Kush, which you grew on your last grow and said was your favorite of the strains you grew on that grow.

The nug I have is a nice medium-green solid cluster of calyxes. Breaking it up releases an aroma that's floral, skunky, and hashy.

It tastes hashy to me also, which I like a lot, because I like how a good hash tastes.

This OG Kush, and the Blackberry I recently reported on, have more flavor and character than PPP, that's for sure. I enjoy smoking both the smoother blander strains and the more distinctive flavorful strains, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

On to the buzz.

Apparently, there is a lot of indica "OG Kush" going around.

This isn't it ;).

The high is cerebral and uplifting and gives me something I call "rubberface", which is what it feels like, and an effect that I only get from sativas.

There is quite a bit of sensory enhancement, with my hearing being more acute, and it's a very social and energetic high. I agree that this would seem to be a great strain for treating depression.

Anytime I feel the "rubberface" effect, I know I look high, so this would not be good to smoke before a job interview.

This OG is the real deal ;)

Thanks for the PPP smoke report Doc!

As you may know, this is the strain I just recently harvested, and I've sampled a few popcorn buds, but I'll reserve my impressions of PPP until I do the smoke report on my journal.

We do seem to pick up on the same qualities in strains, however, because I just got done smoking some OG Kush, which you grew on your last grow and said was your favorite of the strains you grew on that grow.

The nug I have is a nice medium-green solid cluster of calyxes. Breaking it up releases an aroma that's floral, skunky, and hashy.

It tastes hashy to me also, which I like a lot, because I like how a good hash tastes.

This OG Kush, and the Blackberry I recently reported on, have more flavor and character than PPP, that's for sure. I enjoy smoking both the smoother blander strains and the more distinctive flavorful strains, so it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

On to the buzz.

Apparently, there is a lot of indica "OG Kush" going around.

This isn't it ;).

The high is cerebral and uplifting and gives me something I call "rubberface", which is what it feels like, and an effect that I only get from sativas.

There is quite a bit of sensory enhancement, with my hearing being more acute, and it's a very social and energetic high. I agree that this would seem to be a great strain for treating depression.

Anytime I feel the "rubberface" effect, I know I look high, so this would not be good to smoke before a job interview.

This OG is the real deal ;)

I agree! Everyone want the OG....
I learned a bit about growing OG on the last grow....you basically have two very different plants, 3 weeks apart. I harvested mine on day 70, and triches were mostly cloudy, with a few clear. It's a GREAT sativa.

Let it go about 3 weeks past that, and you've got a powerful indica. If I didn't have other Indicas, I would have let mine go....but the Sativa effect is so dang nice I wanted to go for that. IMO, you "ruin" OG by letting it go.

Don't get me wrong, it makes a strong, stoney indica.....but so do a lot of other strains. The Sativa aspects of it are superior, IMO.

BTW, I was still wide awake at 1AM on the PPP. Smoked it at 8:30!!! This stuff is deceivingly strong! I LOVE it!!!!

'Rubberface' lol! I love it, and know exactly what you mean :tokin:

I agree! Everyone want the OG....
I learned a bit about growing OG on the last grow....you basically have two very different plants, 3 weeks apart. I harvested mine on day 70, and triches were mostly cloudy, with a few clear. It's a GREAT sativa.

Let it go about 3 weeks past that, and you've got a powerful indica. If I didn't have other Indicas, I would have let mine go....but the Sativa effect is so dang nice I wanted to go for that. IMO, you "ruin" OG by letting it go.

Don't get me wrong, it makes a strong, stoney indica.....but so do a lot of other strains. The Sativa aspects of it are superior, IMO.

yeah, I think it would be a crime to lose the cerebral effect with this strain when you can get stony highs from lots of other strains.

BTW, I was still wide awake at 1AM on the PPP. Smoked it at 8:30!!! This stuff is deceivingly strong! I LOVE it!!!!

It's deceiving because the aroma and flavor are so mild, it sets you up to expect the same from the effect, but that is not the case ;).

not recommended for insomnia, lol

Back
Top Bottom