DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Merry Christmas Doc!

Thanks! Right back at ya!

All is well in the garden.....the new soil blend seems to be working even better than expected. My clones are a week old, after transplant, and I've got hydro like growth. They've nearly quadrupled in size, I topped then and the tops were larger than the original clones. These plants are going to be quite large....

I've 18 very healthy Querkle seedlings, and am looking to fill my room with one or two more strains.

I really want a certain cut of Jack Herer, but I'm having trouble getting in touch with the guy. I can get the same cut I grew out last time.....which was superb in every way....but this other cut comes direct from Jack's nephew. (at least that's the story)

Temps, RH....everything in the garden is stable and right where we want it.

Merry Christmas to one and all ;)

PPP is a showcase strain for hybrid vigor. If you start with clones with nice roots, and transplant them into a good medium, the growth rate is off the hook. Hydro-like is a good way to describe it. With your excellent environment and under your care, this strain is going to attain its potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Speaking of Jack Herer, one of the strains you grew on your last grow, I just got some and will post a smoke report here after the holidays.

I just got my medical recommendation renewed, and looking forward to another fun year of growing, harvesting, and talking about it! ;).

Merry Christmas to one and all ;)

PPP is a showcase strain for hybrid vigor. If you start with clones with nice roots, and transplant them into a good medium, the growth rate is off the hook. Hydro-like is a good way to describe it. With your excellent environment and under your care, this strain is going to attain its potential, and I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Speaking of Jack Herer, one of the strains you grew on your last grow, I just got some and will post a smoke report here after the holidays.

I just got my medical recommendation renewed, and looking forward to another fun year of growing, harvesting, and talking about it! ;).

No kidding? You've got Blackberry, OG and Jack Herer....all of which I grew last cycle.....and I'm growing Pure Power Plant, which you grew on your last cycle.....and I also have a couple PPP nugs that were grown under an LED with OC+ for nutes.

What, I say, WHAT are the chances???

If your Jack is anything like mine....you're gonna love it.

Doc, have a Merry Christmas. I hope that's right!
PC175793.JPG

Hey, Doc. Completed my first grow about a month ago. Couple sativas and an indica. Happy Frog and OC+, thanks to your journals, inspired me to KISS. Super happy with the results. 11 Black Dominas going right now in FFOF and OC+. I grow only in soil and was initially inspired by the simple 2 ingredient mix. With your later grows you seem to add many additional supplements. Aside from controlling your mix, do these additional ingredients cost you less than ready-made formulas like Biobizz or whatever?

Hey, Doc. Completed my first grow about a month ago. Couple sativas and an indica. Happy Frog and OC+, thanks to your journals, inspired me to KISS. Super happy with the results. 11 Black Dominas going right now in FFOF and OC+. I grow only in soil and was initially inspired by the simple 2 ingredient mix. With your later grows you seem to add many additional supplements. Aside from controlling your mix, do these additional ingredients cost you less than ready-made formulas like Biobizz or whatever?

hey bro! I'm glad to hear you had a successful grow keeping it simple! It's hard to miss if you ignore the pot-forum advice and use common sense....good job for making that choice!

The upfront cost for all the stuff I'm adding to the soil is about 100 bucks.....and it should grow about 100 plants, not including cost of soil.

I honestly don't know if it's more or less money than buying ready-made stuff, but then I didn't know there was much ready made soil out there like what I'm trying to do.

I'm still perfecting my soil blends, working on superb taste, bag appeal and smell. Eventually, I'm headed to SubCool's Super Soil, or something just like it, but I feel I need to learn a bit more about building soils and what they do for plants....so I'm moving that direction with all the amendments, learning what does what.

I'm also carefully documenting which mix worked for which strain, so that I can eventually have custom soils that are strain specific. That's a few years down the line, but that's where I'm headed. I'm trying to grow a product that will build my reputation....the last grow definitely put me in the room with the better growers in my area. I hope to build upon that with this grow.

Thanks for the answer. Like most, I'm looking to make the best product possible. You've provided a great starting point for growing in soil on the cheap. I look forward to tracking your progress and amending my girl's diets based on your continued experience. Keep up the good work, boss. :bump:

Thanks for the answer. Like most, I'm looking to make the best product possible. You've provided a great starting point for growing in soil on the cheap. I look forward to tracking your progress and amending my girl's diets based on your continued experience. Keep up the good work, boss. :bump:

You'll grow top shelf with just the dirt and OC+...add a couple of compost tea waters, some molasses and kelp extracts (various products have 'em....like Snowstorm....) and you'll be in the top 5%.

Of course, that assumes a perfect environment.

Update!

The garden is green and growing.....but I've got some bare spots. After careful consideration, I'm going to add 3rd. Dimension, by SubCool under one light.

The Pure Power Plant is out of control. It's been topped, it's growing like crazy, it smells....it's got a bit of claw, but I think that's because the temps are a little low with only 2 lights on.....so we adjusted things and if I can kick up the metabolism a bit, it should go away.

The growth on these PPP clones is off the charts crazy:
IMG_13254.JPG

IMG_13266.JPG

And the Querkle is coming up nicely!
IMG_13275.JPG

Hopefully 3D comes next week. I'm excited about this new soil blend....but it's very, very hot! Once flowering commences it should rock the grow!

Those PPP clones are really bushing out!

I suspect that Pure Power Plant is a relatively light feeder. It's not overly "sensitive" to nutes, but it seems to do better on the lean side. I haven't grown it enough times to be sure of that yet, but that's the impression I get so far.

looks like another epic DocBud grow in the making ;)

The Querkles look good. What's the lowdown on this strain?

Those PPP clones are really bushing out!

I suspect that Pure Power Plant is a relatively light feeder. It's not overly "sensitive" to nutes, but it seems to do better on the lean side. I haven't grown it enough times to be sure of that yet, but that's the impression I get so far.

looks like another epic DocBud grow in the making ;)

The Querkles look good. What's the lowdown on this strain?

RE Querkle:

This Indica dominant hybrid has a great taste and out of a 5 plant test run all 4 females turned a nice shade of purple with warm temps throughout. Our goal was to recreate the nice grape flavor but ad some speed to the slow Urkle mom and the results are better than we expected and finding 2 keeper moms from the very small test run we did. Results from the field verify mild variation, good yields and fantastic flavor and colors. This hybrid has been featured in both Skunk and Hightimes magazine.

1) Phenotypes –Two main females one Short and very purple with grape flavors, the variation is a slightly more SQ dom with a taller frame and more sativa buzz.
2) Height- Short and dence does well un topped but faster than Urkle.
3) Yield-Medium to heavy if extended veg time is given mainly due to bud density.
4) Indoor has only been tested so far
5) Best way to grow-Vegged to a large bush Or untopped in scrog.
6) Harvest Window-8 weeks
7) Sativa/Indica 20/80
8) Hybrid- Urkle x Space Queen
9) High type- Indica head and grape taste make it total all day headstash.
10) Smells: Grapes, fruit, berries, musty
11) One of my favorite things to smoke out of a clean bong the flavor is just amazing and IMO better than Mom.

Regarding the PPP being a light feeder....I'm sure you're right about that. But I think these will be OK! I'll flush 'em a bit next watering. But bro! They stink! They're gonna have some taste and flavor....not to mention a clean, racy effect. I'm really excited about this strain!

Here's the info on 3D, another SubCool strain:
THE THIRD DIMENSION
Apollo-13 X Jacks Cleaner X Space Queen

• Sativa/Indica 60/40
• Harvest Window 45-55 Days
• Medium Producer
• Good for Day Time Nausea & Light Pain Relief

This 3 way cross of ‘super elites’ is our fastest maturing hybrid. The cross is mainly sativa with incredible speed and high resin production. Tropical flavors range from cocoanuts and pineapples to kiwi. A lot like a tropical fruit punch. Makes great red hash.

If you're using tap water you can go online and get your water district's water quality report, it will tell you everything about your water including ph & TA.

Doc are those femmed seeds? I'm never even heard of Querkle. How long are you going to veg? :peace:

good info on here thought this might be a good place to ask about water
i've been curious about high alkalinity my water has 176mg/l
7.6 to 8 ph i use ph down to 6.5 but my runoff tends to stay high could the bicarbonate be build up? i was thinking about just using r/o water....thanks :peace:

7.6 to 8 ph i use ph down to 6.5 but my runoff tends to stay high could the bicarbonate be build up? i was thinking about just using r/o water....thanks :peace:

Doc's busy but I always like hearing him talk about water lol... I'll take a crack.

Are you saying that your total alkalinity (TA) is 176? Because if that's the case that's way high. I think Doc said if your TA is above 100 you're in trouble, mine is 67 and seems just fine.

So you can either dilute your tap water with RO probably 50/50 or 40/60 then ph down (are you in soil or perlite or ?), or just use RO. Also use the ph down with sulphuric acid if you can get it, they sell it at fish/pet stores.

Hope that helps and hope I'm giving you good info.

176 is a bit too high, especially for smaller containers.

Are you in soil?
What are you looking for in your runoff?

Another thing you might try is mixing your tap with RO in ratio's to bring the TA down to 60ish. You might not need to add any cal/mag if you do that.

Environment and Water are the two most important things....nutes and ferts are a distant 3rd.

Doc's busy but I always like hearing him talk about water lol... I'll take a crack.

Are you saying that your total alkalinity (TA) is 176? Because if that's the case that's way high. I think Doc said if your TA is above 100 you're in trouble, mine is 67 and seems just fine.

So you can either dilute your tap water with RO probably 50/50 or 40/60 then ph down (are you in soil or perlite or ?), or just use RO. Also use the ph down with sulphuric acid if you can get it, they sell it at fish/pet stores.

Hope that helps and hope I'm giving you good info.

:ganjamon:
Amen! Preach it brutha!!

Excellent advice!:welldone:

wow fast replies yeah i pulled that off our city data site i thought that was pretty high i was thinking about mixing r/o water good to hear input i'm using ffof with around 30% perilite i've been using ph down to get it around 6.5 with the liquid tester but the runoff still comes out at 7.5 or little higher i think i'll use r/o and see what happens
thanks again

wow fast replies yeah i pulled that off our city data site i thought that was pretty high i was thinking about mixing r/o water good to hear input i'm using ffof with around 30% perilite i've been using ph down to get it around 6.5 with the liquid tester but the runoff still comes out at 7.5 or little higher i think i'll use r/o and see what happens
thanks again

Are the plants healthy?

What kind of nutes are you using?

I've never tested my run-off in soil. Don't pH the water either.

the plants are pretty healthy the one i was testing has a little nitrogen def i think but i did feed it with grow big 1/2 dose a few days ago and watered today just with water phd to around 6.5 and the run off was higher it does look better, i just wanted to dial in my water before i start flowering...but you say not to ph the water? r/o mixed with tap would be fine you think?

Back
Top Bottom